X570 or Z490,3700x or 3900X or 10700K?Ë

frozensun

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey friends.

I still haven't decide what to purchase for  my next built.

I mean I like Intel a lot and I've been using it's systems for long time ago but as for 10700K plus decent Z490 costs hell a lot.

And as you know there is no upgrades for it,because Intel with new platform releases new socket too.

I mainly need PC for gaming,little bit of video production,compression (audio plus video) and using Adobe software.

Now I quit from 3900X because it is quite expensive here (almost 450 euros) so I thought about 3700X.

Do I really need all 12 cores from 3900X..maybe I should go for 3700X for a start and in the future plan to upgrade to 3900X/3950X.

Now I need good board then for 3700X.I know every board should do it with that CPU

Here is the store from where I'd purchase the components,and sadly still didn't got much B550 boards,and I'm in a hurry.

I would buy board plus CPU together.

My RAM is Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200MHz 2x8 gigs.

The way I see it 3700X plus decent X570 board=10700K plus Z490 decent board (pricing) so obviously it's beeter to go with Intel as long as I don't plan to buy 3900X at this moment.

So pricing is around the same,but the problem is with Intel there are no upgrades in the future...

So please help me,so confused.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

you can take a look at the TUF gaming X570-Plus, though i have no idea about the pricing in your region

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Do you need 12 cores? No. even 6  cores should be enough for everything. It's not the end of the world.

Intel one will upgrade in the future (usually only 2 gen), while AMD still have 1 or 2 more gen before they make a jump to DDR5.

You don't need a X570, you can get away with just a X470 or B450, you will get 1 more gen to upgrade.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

On average Z490 boards are really just as expensive as their X570 counterparts from what I've seen.

Also, Z490 is supposed to also support 11th gen Rocket Lake, which granted for the most part won't be that much different as with most iterations since Skylake, but will enable PCIe 4.0 support - not that that's too big of a deal.

Since you're comparing two 8-cores, they really won't be that far off each other. The 10700K will have the edge in gaming, Adobe, and depending on what software you use for video editing and compression the 3700X will probably be tied.

Keep in mind that the 10700K will pull more power and require better cooling, especially if you plan on setting all cores to the single-core boost to get the most out of it.

If gaming at 240Hz isn't your absolute top priority, you'd probably be better off going with the 3700X, mostly because it's cheaper and its platform (at least currently) allows upgradability to higher core counts.

For the 3700X, I'd look for the MSI X570 Tomahawk, ASUS TUF X570-Plus or Prime X570-P.

For the 10700K, I'd look for the MSI Z490 Tomahawk, Z490 Gaming Edge WIFI, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G or ASUS Strix Z490 Gene.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

We've been through this ... B550 is a perfectly fine alternative for x570 but you're excluding it out for stupid reasons.

You've been given thorough explanations about x570 and b550 and even z490

Stop making new threads and process the advice other people already told you instead of wasting everyone's time.

When you argue a motherboard is bad because "it has empty spaces" there's no point continuing.

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

On average Z490 boards are really just as expensive as their X570 counterparts from what I've seen.

Also, Z490 is supposed to also support 11th gen Rocket Lake, which granted for the most part won't be that much different as with most iterations since Skylake, but will enable PCIe 4.0 support - not that that's too big of a deal.

Since you're comparing two 8-cores, they really won't be that far off each other. The 10700K will have the edge in gaming, Adobe, and depending on what software you use for video editing and compression the 3700X will probably be tied.

Keep in mind that the 10700K will pull more power and require better cooling, especially if you plan on setting all cores to the single-core boost to get the most out of it.

If gaming at 240Hz isn't your absolute top priority, you'd probably be better off going with the 3700X, mostly because it's cheaper and its platform (at least currently) allows upgradability to higher core counts.

For the 3700X, I'd look for the MSI X570 Tomahawk, ASUS TUF X570-Plus or Prime X570-P.

For the 10700K, I'd look for the MSI Z490 Tomahawk, Z490 Gaming Edge WIFI, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G or ASUS Strix Z490 Gene.

Exactly,and for price of 10700K I could go for 3700X plus cheap X570 board almost,and I get CPU cooler with it though I have cooler (H100i) just don't know if it's compatible with 10700K..

If the case is that I even need CPU cooler for 10700K I'd go with Ryzen.

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

Do you need 12 cores? No. even 6  cores should be enough for everything. It's not the end of the world.

Intel one will upgrade in the future (usually only 2 gen), while AMD still have 1 or 2 more gen before they make a jump to DDR5.

You don't need a X570, you can get away with just a X470 or B450, you will get 1 more gen to upgrade.

No,don't need 12 cores,it's an overkill..I don't even know if apps would benefit from it..for gaming I'm sure don't need it,since 8C/16T is perfectly fine in the future,right?

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

We've been through this ... B550 is a perfectly fine alternative for x570 but you're excluding it out for stupid reasons.

You've been given thorough explanations about x570 and b550 and even z490

Stop making new threads and process the advice other people already told you instead of wasting everyone's time.

When you argue a motherboard is bad because "it has empty spaces" there's no point continuing.

Again you with same message and bothering,as I previously stated no B550 boards here,only few,so OP wants X570.

I'll ran through bullzoid reviews on all X570 boards,but as I can remember he stated that he really likes AsRock X570 Taichi,I like Phantom Gaming X,but AsRock boards are overpriced here.

Is MSI X570 MAG Ace good board,yeah it's expensive,but dunno maybe it's overkill...

I watched some review  thing I don't like is when installing m.2 need to remove even VRM heatsink...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Exactly,and for price of 10700K I could go for 3700X plus cheap X570 board almost,and I get CPU cooler with it though I have cooler (H100i) just don't know if it's compatible with 10700K..

If the case is that I even need CPU cooler for 10700K I'd go with Ryzen.

Depends what cheap X570 board means, because some of them are junk. At $210 there's the X570 Tomahawk which is great, if you can get one. Otherwise, you'd be looking at the TUF X570-Plus, Prime X570-P or X570 Aorus Elite.

If the H100i you have is compatible with LGA 115x sockets (which it is), it'll be compatible with 1200 too. It uses the same mounting holes.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Depends what cheap X570 board means, because some of them are junk. At $210 there's the X570 Tomahawk which is great, if you can get one. Otherwise, you'd be looking at the TUF X570-Plus, Prime X570-P or X570 Aorus Elite.

If the H100i you have is compatible with LGA 115x sockets (which it is), it'll be compatible with 1200 too. It uses the same mounting holes.

Nope,sadly not  with Tomahawk...check the link above.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

Nope,sadly not  with Tomahawk...check the link above.

TUF X570-Plus then, can't go wrong with it.

6 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

TUF X570-Plus then, can't go wrong with it.

Naaah..no post leds,no BIOS FB button on rear IO...need smth better..though I'll pay twice more :/

I'll check Bullzoid review once again...

Gigabyte x570 aorus elite has bios flashback (button on the motherboard, not on io shield) and usb type c front panel header connector.  no post leds

and that store has b550 boards, it's just gonna take a week or so to get them ... you won't make your mind until then anyway.

Example of good boards:

b550m mortar : https://iponcomp.com/shop/termek/msi-mag-b550m-mortar-basic-guarantee/1843064

b550 aorus pro : https://iponcomp.com/shop/termek/gigabyte-b550-aorus-pro-rev-10/1834919

asus b550-f gaming : https://iponcomp.com/shop/termek/asus-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming/1834956

all have bios flashback and some kind of status/debug leds and good features, better than x570 in the same price.

16 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Gigabyte x570 aorus elite has bios flashback (button on the motherboard, not on io shield) and usb type c front panel header connector.  no post leds

and that store has b550 boards, it's just gonna take a week or so to get them ... you won't make your mind until then anyway.

Example of good boards:

b550m mortar : https://iponcomp.com/shop/termek/msi-mag-b550m-mortar-basic-guarantee/1843064

b550 aorus pro : https://iponcomp.com/shop/termek/gigabyte-b550-aorus-pro-rev-10/1834919

asus b550-f gaming : https://iponcomp.com/shop/termek/asus-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming/1834956

all have bios flashback and some kind of status/debug leds and good features, better than x570 in the same price.

I think I+ll go woth Crosshair Hero VIII,this board has everything I need,and require...but currently so overpriced...
Will the price,drop soon?
Is that board good?

Good VRM quality,and cooling?

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

I think I+ll go woth Crosshair Hero VIII,this board has everything I need,and require...but currently so overpriced...
Will the price,drop soon?
Is that board good?

Good VRM quality,and cooling?

How can you say it has everything you need and require, only to ask a sentence later "Is that board good" , "Good vrm quality and cooling?"

I can tell you without even looking at the specs (because I don't know them from memory) is that you don't NEED that motherboard, it's a motherboard aimed to heavy overclockers, for those that waste afternoons tweaking memory timings and playing with LN2 and sub zero cooling.  You don't even know how to determine if a VRM is good or not, or how to tell if the cooling is adequate, so it's obvious you're not gonna take advantage of those features.

All the information you'd need to figure that out is right there on the Asus page for the board, smack in the center of the page : https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero/

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

How can you say it has everything you need and require, only to ask a sentence later "Is that board good" , "Good vrm quality and cooling?"

I can tell you without even looking at the specs (because I don't know them from memory) is that you don't NEED that motherboard, it's a motherboard aimed to heavy overclockers, for those that waste afternoons tweaking memory timings and playing with LN2 and sub zero cooling.  You don't even know how to determine if a VRM is good or not, or how to tell if the cooling is adequate, so it's obvious you're not gonna take advantage of those features.

All the information you'd need to figure that out is right there on the Asus page for the board, smack in the center of the page : https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero/

already ordered..perfect then to waste my time ;)