Minecraft Bedrock Server

jtmoseley

Hello!

I want to host a dedicated server for Minecraft Bedrock Edition so that my friends and I (around 10 people) can play together. We are choosing bedrock because some people only have consoles and the game is cross platform, unlike Java Edition.

I don't know anything about server hosting or if it is even possible to do so on the bedrock edition. 

I would host the server on my own computer, which has a 3900x and 16GB of ram. I would like to be able to host it at all times without taking a large performance hit if I play other games with the server running in the background. If needed, I can get more ram. I figure that since I have a 12 core processor that is never fully utilized by games that I can delegate 2 to 4 cores to the server and leave 8 to 10 for myself. My internet speed is 400mbps download 40mbps upload. The computer is connected via ethernet.

Anyways, I don't know if any of that is possible. If anyone has experience or can point me towards a guide, I would greatly appreciate it.

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

bump

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen