Wolfenstein Old Blood not working

SirGh0st

Hi everyone, I'm sure you've seen this one already about Wolfenstein old blood not working correctly on AMD gpus. There had been so many posts about this and articles as well long time ago, even myself, I posted here 2 years ago asking for help but unfortunately could get it. I have RX 580(Aorus XTR) for those of you whose wondering but that's not important. Here is the thing, I've tried literally EVERY thing I found on the internet but unfortunately I could get my game to go past 20 fps no matter what. I'll be happy to answer any questions regarding this but I've come to a conclusion that I might be one of the gamers that's just unlucky and there is no way around this "bug". So the reason I came here is to ask you if any of you know of any other way I can play Wolfenstein Old Blood, I looked up game lists of all streaming services and only PS now have Old Blood listed but as far as I know there is no keyboard and mouse support so that's a pass. If anyone know of something please let me know I would be really thankful. 

PS: I'm still open to trying any suggestions(if I didn't tried yours before) you have how I could solve this bug and happily will answer any questions. I'm pretty advanced PC/Win/Linux user so don't hesitate to suggest any advanced tweaks that might help.

PS 2: I would hate to be defeated like this, but I'm not raising white flag just yet.

Current system:

i5-7600k(4.7ghz@1.12V) - 60C under full load (Evga CLC 120 cooler)

AMD Aorus RX 580 XTR 8GB(1440mhz) - 60C under full load

16GB Crucial BallistiX 3000mhz(OC)(2666mhz XMP)

MSI Z270 Tomahawk mobo

EVGA G3 650W psu

WD blue SSD(OS) + Seagate barracuda HDD(old)

It ran fine for me when it released on an R9 290, but that was on what, Windows 7, Windows 8.1? I can't recall exactly what I was using at the time unfortunately.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

It ran fine for me when it released on an R9 290, but that was on what, Windows 7, Windows 8.1? I can't recall exactly what I was using at the time unfortunately.

I had R9 280 before on Win 7 or 8.1 and it ran fine as well.

1 minute ago, SirGh0st said:

I had R9 280 before on Win 7 or 8.1 and it ran fine as well.

Must be a problem with either Windows 10 or AMD's more recent drivers then I reckon. I assume you tried running the game in W7 or 8.1 compatibility mode, right?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Must be a problem with either Windows 10 or AMD's more recent drivers then I reckon. I assume you tried running the game in W7 or 8.1 compatibility mode, right?

Of course, I also several driver revisions without any luck.

Just now, SirGh0st said:

Of course, I also several driver revisions without any luck.

Yeah I really don't know then, that's too bad.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Yeah I really don't know then, that's too bad.

It's really frustrating I can tell you that.

Hi everyone, I'm sure you've seen this one already about Wolfenstein old blood not working correctly on AMD gpus. There had been so many posts about this and articles as well long time ago, even myself, I posted here 2 years ago asking for help but unfortunately could get it. I have RX 580(Aorus XTR) for those of you whose wondering but that's not important. Here is the thing, I've tried literally EVERY thing I found on the internet but unfortunately I could get my game to go past 20 fps no matter what. I'll be happy to answer any questions regarding this but I've come to a conclusion that I might be one of the gamers that's just unlucky and there is no way around this "bug". So the reason I came here is to ask you if any of you know of any other way I can play Wolfenstein Old Blood, I looked up game lists of all streaming services and only PS now have Old Blood listed but as far as I know there is no keyboard and mouse support so that's a pass. If anyone know of something please let me know I would be really thankful. 

PS: I'm still open to trying any suggestions(if I didn't tried yours before) you have how I could solve this bug and happily will answer any questions. I'm pretty advanced PC/Win/Linux user so don't hesitate to suggest any advanced tweaks that might help.

PS 2: I would hate to be defeated like this, but I'm not raising white flag just yet.

Current system:

i5-7600k(4.7ghz@1.12V) - 60C under full load (Evga CLC 120 cooler)

AMD Aorus RX 580 XTR 8GB(1440mhz) - 60C under full load

16GB Crucial BallistiX 3000mhz(OC)(2666mhz XMP)

MSI Z270 Tomahawk mobo

EVGA G3 650W psu

WD blue SSD(OS) + Seagate barracuda HDD(old)

Did not play Old Blood, but the The New Order and The New Colossus.

In one of those games I had with a RX580 glitches with lightning effects.
Did you try to play at low graphical settings?

Btw. check if it runs in Vulcan mode.

-= Topics Merged =-

Multiple postings of the same subject is not allowed.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I had this issue. I found pinned discussions in the steam forums. 

Nvm they deleted my thread I made 2~ years ago....

basically you have to make the .exe end in x32 & edit some config files.