Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
austinmpope32

Trouble with bootable USB on new build

Posted · Original PosterOP

Having issues getting my new build to boot through USB. I’m having to use MacOS to get the windows 10 64 bit installer onto a drive. I’ve been using Etcher to flash the ISO file (I’ve even tried boot camp which doesn’t even get a bootable drive on the BIOS) but when the installer begins on the new PC I get a message stating “the media driver is missing” and “no device drivers were found”. USB is in a 2.0 port, I’ve tried plugging into a different port and rescanning, and running the boot in UEFI but still the same message. 

MOBO - Asus X570-PLUS TUF (WiFi) 

38 minutes ago, austinmpope32 said:

Having issues getting my new build to boot through USB. I’m having to use MacOS to get the windows 10 64 bit installer onto a drive. I’ve been using Etcher to flash the ISO file (I’ve even tried boot camp which doesn’t even get a bootable drive on the BIOS) but when the installer begins on the new PC I get a message stating “the media driver is missing” and “no device drivers were found”. USB is in a 2.0 port, I’ve tried plugging into a different port and rescanning, and running the boot in UEFI but still the same message. 

MOBO - Asus X570-PLUS TUF (WiFi) 

You can't use the media creation tool on anything other than a windows machine, and because MacOS uses a different file system it does not flash the USB drive correctly. Perhaps you have a friend with a machine running windows so you flash it.

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked