Help on my First build!! Micro-ATX

Hi all! I hope you all had a nice week, I need help with my Micro-ATX build any suggestions or examples will be a huge help!, the trick is I will travel by plane to visit my family, I still don’t know when (not anytime soon) but when I do so I want to have bought a small pc that can run everything and my goal is to put it together and bring it in my hand luggage (it would go alone in the luggage and yes you can bring a pc on the airplane cabin I have done it a few times ;) ) but I know it is hard for a micro atx to do that so If it becomes too much of a hassle then I will assemble it when I get to my family’s place, I am upgrading from an amazing and old Asus g20aj i5 4460 16gb ram (Linus has a video of it) this pc has been my life savior for all this years since I can move it a lot but it is old, I can upgrade but I prefer to sell it and use the money for a new first time build pc.

Budget (including currency): 500€ or 550€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: most triple A games.

Other details:

I will use amazon.de for price reference! :)

I will buy everything in Germany since it has better prices than where I am going.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100 (110€) Or ryzen 5 3600 (170€) or Ryzen 3 3300x (160€) I will use Stock Cooling

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB (I already have this)

MB: Prime B550M-A Micro-ATX (125€) or the B450m but I don’t know if it is better getting B550m for later upgrades

HDD: Barracuda 1TB (45€) I still don’t know if it will be better for the 2TB since triple A games are biiiig

SSD: Kingstone 256GB (I have one) and if the budget allows I will get an m.2 500gb 

RAM: 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz (was the first one I saw) 67€ 

Power Supply: I don’t know since it depends on the case but I think a EVGA 500w will do the job? ~65€

Case: Cooler master Q300L MasterBox (This is for reference on how small is perfect for suggestions but I like the case ngl) ~60€

Peripherals I have:

I don’t need peripherals but here are mine.

Mouse: Logitech Hyperion Fury

Keyboard: G213 prodigy

Headset: Cooler master MH752

Monitor: normal AOC 1920x1080 60hz

Don't buy anything by brand. EVGA low end power supplies are garbage and are known to kill hardware on failure. It's something that happens once every week on this very forum. Get a Corsair CX 550 or a Be Quiet System Power 9 500W.

Also, SeaGate Barracuda drives are notoriously unreliable and prone to failure. Get a WD Blue instead.

Lastly, get a 3600 and a 20$ cooler such as the Arctic eSports 34 and enable PBO. Paired with a B550 board, that will be an excellent platform that allows for future upgrades.

11 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Don't buy anything by brand. EVGA low end power supplies are garbage and are known to kill hardware on failure. It's something that happens once every week on this very forum. Get a Corsair CX 550 or a Be Quiet System Power 9 500W.

Also, SeaGate Barracuda drives are notoriously unreliable and prone to failure. Get a WD Blue instead.

Lastly, get a 3600 and a 20$ cooler such as the Arctic eSports 34 and enable PBO. Paired with a B550 board, that will be an excellent platform that allows for future upgrades.

Thanks for the advice on the brands, good thing I came to ask! 

I am still a little worried if a 500w power supply will be enough.

and lastly do you have any suggestions on m.2 ssd? 

5 minutes ago, abelipe said:

Thanks for the advice on the brands, good thing I came to ask! 

I am still a little worried if a 500w power supply will be enough.

and lastly do you have any suggestions on m.2 ssd? 

I mean, with a 3600 and 1080 you won't see power draw over 300W. Getting anything over 500W isn't really logical.

As for SSDs, I'd say get a Sabrent Rocket if you want a fast PCIe 4.0 SSD or a Crucial P1/P2 if you want a cheaper alternative. Just avoid QLC SSDs since they are nowhere near as good or fast as TLC and MLC drives

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

I mean, with a 3600 and 1080 you won't see power draw over 300W. Getting anything over 500W isn't really logical.

As for SSDs, I'd say get a Sabrent Rocket if you want a fast PCIe 4.0 SSD or a Crucial P1/P2 if you want a cheaper alternative. Just avoid QLC SSDs since they are nowhere near as good or fast as TLC and MLC drives

Thanks again!