DrDisrespect Permanently Banned from Twitch

Rupe

DrDisrepect has been banned from twitch.tv

According to "esports insider" slashers sources the ban is permanent. As far as I can tell from looking around nothing else is known as to why he is banned at this time

Quotes

Celebrity streamer Guy “Dr. Disrespect” Beahm has been banned from Twitch, making for a striking decision for a streamer with more than 4 million followers and an exclusivity deal.

My thoughts

Personally I really liked DrDisrespect as an entertainer and therefore this is sad news if the permanent ban stands. Of course we will have to see what information comes out to make a judgment on whether twitch is justified in banning him

Small Update

Slashers sources have apparently told him the reason for the ban but he does not want to reveal the reason "due to the importance and sensitivity around the subject"

Sources

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2020/06/26/report-dr-disrespect-permanently-banned-from-twitch/#f854e718fc6b

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

🤷‍♂️

I'm sure they had a reason. He has a history of bad behavior. Down comes the ban hammer.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Do something douchey, it has repercussions.

<removed by staff>

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

Dang, who would have thought someone going by the username could ever presumably do something that is a bannable offense.

But we shall see what the issue(s) were in the future.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

🤷‍♂️

I'm sure they had a reason. He has a history of bad behavior. Down comes the ban hammer.

Maybe he has a history of bad behavior but so do a lot of other streamers, I don't watch him often but unless he has done something awful (which nothing seems to point to that so far) then I don't see a reason he should be banned, if they want to take their "Community Guidelines" seriously then they should do the same for everyone to keep it fair, I have no issue if they want to stick with their guidelines, my issue is with fairness

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Isn't he the idiot who took a camera into the men's toilet?   I watched a clip of him and decided if that is what passes for entertainment then that explains why the world is going stupid.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Isn't he the idiot who took a camera into the men's toilet?   I watched a clip of him and decided if that is what passes for entertainment then that explains why the world is going stupid.

That would be the guy. I haven't watched any of his streams but I came to the same conclusion you did.

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Yes, he was. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title (and also the only other time I've heard of him). :P That thread is still somewhere on the forums here.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

They're shooting themselves in the foot

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Several stories seem to be linking this to the house cleaning Twitch is doing with their sexual misconduct investigations.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

I thought he was annoying but... I'd think Twitch would be upholding their double standard of "High sub/following are immune to all penalties."

So DrDisrespect disrespected someone ? 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

He’s no Lenny Bruce.  Or even Larry Flint.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

and just as mixer was announced it was getting shut down.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Man, this last week has been total chaos for Twitch. Earlier this week they had tons of sexual assault/harassment allegations against several of their streamers pop up, including some against a high ranking member of Twitch staff, and now this. Permanently banning one of their biggest streamers is unheard of.

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

hopefully this isn't about another unsubstantiated sexual assault claim, that wasn't passed on to the police.

he isn't the most straight guy ever but bans should have to be fair. 

44 minutes ago, Rune said:

Good. The guy was an annoying prick.

I watched about 45 sec. of one of his streams and decided he was a less funny far less imaginative version of Andrew dice clay on his worst day.  Sometimes when one has something truely funny or truely important to say or do things like being a douche fall into the background.  He didn’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Caroline said:

no idea who he is but his nickname says it all

deserved ban, shame they'll lift it in like 3 days because kids watching a fat nerd insulting everyone else in an online game sure pumps a lot of cash.

He was a sort of not amazingly good comedian that could game.  I would have taken worse gamer and better comedian in a second.   

3 hours ago, cj09beira said:

hopefully this isn't about another unsubstantiated sexual assault claim, that wasn't passed on to the police.

he isn't the most straight guy ever but bans should have to be fair. 

This is Twitch we're talking about. One of the top e-girls wouldn't get permabanned for killing someone on stream. The Simp is Strong with the Twitch staff.

12 hours ago, dizmo said:

🤷‍♂️

Edit: Trigger word warning. 

really? i can list a plethora of things the other thot channels have done that's way worse than him, seems like they pick and choose which rules applies to whom at their will.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

6 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

really? i can list a plethora of things the other thot channels have done that's way worse than him, seems like they pick and choose which rules applies to whom at their will.

Are they anywhere near as big? No?

Probably why then.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

56 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Are they anywhere near as big? No?

Probably why then.

umm yes and yes

at this point they should just change their site name to Hypocrisy.com 

Bonus 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

@Abyssal RadonApparently, according to slashers sources this is not a DMCA ban

his sources have apparently told him the reason for the ban but he does not want to share it. It seems like DrDisrespect may have really screwed up

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues