Need serious help

omg

I live in india and i am planning to buy corsair rm 650 w psu with uk plug. Now we have a type d plug point , 50-60hz, 120- 220v here in india. Shud i use a travel adapter or a uk to india power cord. Which is safer??? I bought a tx 650w psu before and connected it with my uk to india power cord before but after working for a day the psu started poppin followed by pc restarts. I use a surge protected extension and a ups. So i was thinkin did i do something wrong by using uk to india power cord than using its designated cord or is psu was defective?? by the way my computer ran alright for 1st day. the power cord is from a 3 years old psu i had ( which i am using now after new one popped and works fine).

spacer.png - uk to india power cord

P.s. both uk cord and indian cord had same specs i.e. 10a 220v

Yeah.  I don't know why they ship UK PSUs into India when India has their own power plug.

You can use any C13 to BIS power cord.

That's what it's called, BTW.  C13 is the end that plugs into the PSU.  BIS is the standardization for India.

https://megaelectronics.com/india/?clientId=315011173.1508544000

so it wasnt my cord that was bad but the psu?? btw i have a 10a 220v cord is that okay?? the diagram u showed is 16a 250 v. just curious.

9 minutes ago, omg said:

so it wasnt my cord that was bad but the psu?? btw i have a 10a 220v cord is that okay?? the diagram u showed is 16a 250 v. just curious.

10A is a normal rating for a BIS power cord.

How old was the TX650M?  Like, you just bought it?  What's the lot code for the PSU (first 8 digits of the serial number.  Found on box and PSU label.)

You said it "popped"?  Like it actually made a pop noise?  And then died?

51 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

How old was the TX650M?  Like, you just bought it?  What's the lot code for the PSU (first 8 digits of the serial number.  Found on box and PSU label.)

i just bought it from amazon few days back.i dnt know what the serial number is since i am seeing 2 of them so i m gonna write all of them 

1-20014851000040810081

2-CP-9020132-UK

54 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

You said it "popped"?  Like it actually made a pop noise?  And then died?

it made a loud pop noise and my pc restarted. after few minutes it again poped and restarted my pc. i started my pc after an hour and same happened. the only difference i noticed are that avg voltage my cpu core was using on new psu was 1.4+ on idle while on my old psu which i m using now uses 0.9-1v avg on idle. It didnt die per say but i thought its safer not to use it anymore.

p.s. 1st pop happened when i tried to move my case 20 cmm to left and it shook very very lightly. The last pop happened automatically without me touching anything. psu was screwed tightly btw.