Which PSU is better in terms of Performance Corsair TX 650M or the RM650?

Hellfire_Helix

So As the TXM series PSUs come with 100% Japanese Capacitors unlike the RM series, only RMx and RMi series have 100% Japanese caps. Undoubtedly the RMx and RMi series PSUs are better than the TXM one but what about TXM vs RM?

Let's just forget about Modularity and stuff, and talk about the performance only, Which is more performing and better to choose Corsair TXM or the RM PSUs?

rm is still better

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

2 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

rm is still better

Please explain in detail how is the RM more powerful than TXM inspite of not having japanese caps?

13 minutes ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

So As the TXM series PSUs come with 100% Japanese Capacitors unlike the RM series, only RMx and RMi series have 100% Japanese caps.

A powersupply is not a box of caps. 

And between the models mentioned, its not the caps that decide which is better. 

9 minutes ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

Please explain in detail how is the RM more powerful than TXM inspite of not having japanese caps?

It has ATX 2.52 compliance, its a slightly more silent unit (iirc), and the plattform is fairly similar performance wise. 

Txm<RM<RMx

But none of that has relation to what country the caps come from

Those two series are quite similar but also differentiate in some aspects.

For example TXM has 120mm fans, RMx uses 135mm semi-passive fans.
At the same Power level (550W or 650W) RMx provides more power at the 12V rail than the TXM series.
RMx has a better efficiency ( for the 550W units it's 90.2% for TXM and 90.7% for RMx at 230V as tested by cybernetics lab)
RMx has a 10 year warranty and TXM has a seven year warranty.
And of course the modularity thing.

They aren't masively different, but RMx is a bit better in general

1 minute ago, Medicate said:

It's a good site but sadly outdated. The article is from 2014 and corsair has refreshed and changed their models multiple times since then

thats wack, i would of checked but im still trying to figure out why minecraft modpacks run like actual ass

7 minutes ago, Medicate said:

Those two series are quite similar but also differentiate in some aspects.

For example TXM has 120mm fans, RMx uses 135mm semi-passive fans.
At the same Power level (550W or 650W) RMx provides more power at the 12V rail than the TXM series.
RMx has a better efficiency ( for the 550W units it's 90.2% for TXM and 90.7% for RMx at 230V as tested by cybernetics lab)
RMx has a 10 year warranty and TXM has a seven year warranty.
And of course the modularity thing.

They aren't masively different, but RMx is a bit better in general

So What would you recommend for an r7 3700x and 2070 Super TXM or the RM PSU?

2 minutes ago, Medicate said:

It's a good site but sadly outdated. The article is from 2014 and corsair has refreshed and changed their models multiple times since then

Its also fairly lackluster and doesnt really say much performance nor regulation wise. 

Doesnt include greylabels nor the new RM. 

Which is the one  OP asked about. 

Also it makes false claims in regards to caps as non-japanese caps have been and can be sourced of similar quality. 

11 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

A powersupply is not a box of caps. 

And between the models mentioned, its not the caps that decide which is better. 

It has ATX 2.52 compliance, its a slightly more silent unit (iirc), and the plattform is fairly similar performance wise. 

Txm<RM<RMx

But none of that has relation to what country the caps come from

So should I go for the TXM or RM, I'll be using r7 3700x and 2070 Super.

2 minutes ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

So What would you recommend for an r7 3700x and 2070 Super TXM or the RM PSU?

Where are you located? Do you have a retailer?

Because depending on what you are spending, you may want neither. 

As the TXM isnt the quitest thing, and the RM has some noise when chanign between lower powerstates iirc. 

Edit: i mean the RM is the hetter of the two, but you might be able to get better offerings

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Where are you located? Do you have a retailer?

Because depending on what you are spending, you may want neither. 

As the TXM isnt the quitest thing, and the RM has some noise when chanign between lower powerstates iirc. 

Edit: i mean the RM is the hetter of the two, but you might be able to get better offerings

I can buy anything except Seasonic, EVGA and BeQuiet Sadly they aren't available in my Country, Corsair is the only reliable brand which I can trust in my country. 😅

Just now, Hellfire_Helix said:

I can buy anything except Seasonic, EVGA and BeQuiet Sadly they aren't available in my Country, Corsair is the only reliable brand which I can trust in my country. 😅

Do you have a retailer i can use to look through?

Plenty of other brands that have good PSUs that you havent mentioned.

But yeah: TXM < RM

If it turns out there are no other options. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Do you have a retailer i can use to look through?

Plenty of other brands that have good PSUs that you havent mentioned.

But yeah: TXM < RM

If it turns out there are no other options. 

So Let's say If I go with the TXM so would I be risking my components? To be honest that's the only thing I am concerned about, I don't care about Noise, Modularity etc.

3 minutes ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

So Let's say If I go with the TXM so would I be risking my components? To be honest that's the only thing I am concerned about, I don't care about Noise, Modularity etc.

I mean, both a really good powersupplies. 

So in that regards you will find no notable difference between them other than atx 2.52 compliance, which isnt significant at all from a consumer perspective. 

I mean you could grab a CX series (greylabel) non-modular aswell then if you dont care for noise, modularity or those creaturecomforts. As the CX is a good budget unit you can run rigs with for a long time. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

I mean, both a really good powersupplies. 

So in that regards you will find no notable difference between them other than atx 2.52 compliance, which isnt significant at all from a consumer perspective. 

I mean you could grab a CX series (greylabel) non-modular aswell then if you dont care for noise, modularity or those creaturecomforts. As the CX is a good budget unit you can run rigs with for a long time. 

Thanks. I think I'll go with the TXM as It has got all japanese caps, Though I know Japanese caps don't matter as you've said but still some pc builders believe that japanese caps are a symbol of reliability.

4 minutes ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

Thanks. I think I'll go with the TXM as It has got all japanese caps, Though I know Japanese caps don't matter as you've said but still some pc builders believe that japanese caps are a symbol of reliability.

Those PC builders are the same that say efficiency is what you should look at for quality. 

Considering that very few have insight into PSUs, id trust the people who spend time looking into them.

And im not one that has spent time doing that. I just listen to people who do. 

1 hour ago, Medicate said:

That guy looks like he just editorialized my own page here:  http://www.jongerow.com/Corsair_PSU_hierarchy/index.html

Even trimming down the tables I have (though my tables also show up on Corsair's website).

It also has a lot of incorrect information like, "most of Corsair's PSUs are made by Seasonic".

Wow... just wow.

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

Those PC builders are the same that say efficiency is what you should look at for quality. 

Considering that very few have insight into PSUs, id trust the people who spend time looking into them.

And im not one that has spent time doing that. I just listen to people who do. 

Oh dude... I'm arguing with this guy on Facebook that thinks the higher the efficiency, the better the quality.   He doesn't see it any other way.  It's driving me NUTS!!!