Looking for a 256 GB phone

So basically as the title says I'm looking for an android phone with 256 GB internal storage and a decent quality OLED display.

I'm currently on the Samsung A50 with 6 GB RAM/ 128 GB and I might upgrade to this phone (if it's faster) or else use it as a secondary phone.

Other Requirements:

• USB-C charging (faster is better)
  • Good software support
  • Same or Better perfomance than the A50
  • Big Battery at least 4000mah

Thanks in advance you wonderful human being

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Phone: Poco F3 8GB + 256GB

Audio: Samson SR850s

Sound Card: SoundBlaster Play 4 USB sound card

IEM: planning to get the KBEAR KS2s
Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far

@Hassan170 I'd recommend you to look at last year's flagship devices like Samsung S10 or Oneplus 7T.

Oneplus 7T is much cheaper now with SD855, 256GB fast storage, dash charging 4000mah battery and so on!

Xiaomi mi 9T or the 9T pro. The normal 9T is plenty fast and will have better battery life as it's a top end mid range cpu so less power consumption compared to the pro's high end cpu. You basically won't notice a difference between the 2 so that's why I recommend you get the normal 9T. Do know that fastcharging kills your battery a good bit faster.

@jaslion Ah yes, the 9T pro (also known as K20 pro) is also a good choice. But the 7T will give you a bigger panel (6.39 vs 6.5) which refreshes at 90Hz.

But then, it comes to personal preferences :D

9 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

@jaslion Ah yes, the 9T pro (also known as K20 pro) is also a good choice. But the 7T will give you a bigger panel (6.39 vs 6.5) which refreshes at 90Hz.

But then, it comes to personal preferences :D

@Hold-Ma-Beer I would actually prefer Oneplus to Xiaomi cuz the software is much cleaner, 90hz is nice too, dash charging is useful. I'll check it out. Thanks Mate!

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far

On 6/26/2020 at 7:29 PM, huilun02 said:

Special mention to the Reno 2, which is severely underrated because the base model comes with 128GB of internal storage and 8GB of RAM (no typo here) The storage can be further expanded. At its heart is a modest SD730G. Its camera setup has OIS, telephoto and optical zoom. The screen is free of any camera notches or cutouts. NFC. USB 3.1 with OTG and fast charging. Audio jack.

It offers everything a die hard Android power user would ever want. I am very sad that it never got close to the recognition it deserved.

@huilun02Just checked the Reno 2 I'm a big fan of those Full View displays, though i never used one, i practically never use the front facing cameras so for me that's a big win. The cameras are a nice side-bonus though I rarely ever use the cameras. Overall the Reno 2 is looking like a very likely upgrade. My only question is how easy is it to flash a custom ROM on to it? i don't like ColorOS. That will be the deciding factor for me.

19 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You can't

The phone went almost completely under the radar. There isn't even a bootloader unlock method established, let alone working TWRP or custom ROMs. Despite having a Snapdragon chipset.

If you want to use a custom ROM, pick the Xiaomi K20 instead. It is far more popular. The camera setup is definitely inferior with no OIS, but at least it still has a full view OLED display. Hopefully this makes it cheaper than the Reno 2 in your area.

You might find listings for the Mi 9T which are actually K20 with global ROM flashed. Only the K20 has a 256GB option. Storage cannot be expanded. So it is important to verify what is the original hardware you are actually getting, if having 256GB is important to you.

Well that sucks. Cameras aren't a big deal for me I hardly ever use them. Seeing as the K20 has the same processor, battery and display i think it will make a good option.

Just to double check @huilun02 you are COMPLETELY sure that there isn't a custom ROM for the Reno 2? Could there be one on XDA?

3 hours ago, phtech said:

The Galaxy A71 could be a good option for you. Seems to meet all your requirements.

No 256gb option though.

OnePlus 7 Pro is still available. Really good value at $550. 8gb ram/256 gb storage

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

2 hours ago, EL02 said:

No 256gb option though.

Oh yeah missed that. Theres expandable storage though which could make up for it. But if 256GB base storage is a main requirement then rule out the Galaxy A71.

On 6/29/2020 at 6:45 PM, huilun02 said:

Also, might I ask what is the main reason for wanting to replace your A50?

Just keeping an eye out for possible upgrades.

17 hours ago, weez said:

OnePlus 7 Pro is still available. Really good value at $550. 8gb ram/256 gb storage

Thanks for the heads-up. completely forgot about it

17 hours ago, huilun02 said:

But what do you consider to be an upgrade?

You have a budget? You can obviously get a dream phone if you are willing to spend a lot.

Better performance and display mainly is what i look for. my budget would be around $500USD

17 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Keep in mind, people here more often than not suggest based on pricing and availability in the US. It could be a different story in MY.

I know but it does give a point of reference

On 7/1/2020 at 4:49 PM, huilun02 said:

Reason for wanting a better screen and performance? Your initial request was just for 256GB storage and OLED screen.

Coming from an A50 and compiling all your wants, you are basically working towards a flagship tier device.

With your budget in mind, your options will look like this:

1. OnePlus 7 256GB
  2. OnePlus 7T stuck at 128GB for 90hz display
  3. Galaxy S10 Lite 128GB dual SIM model that will take a microsd card
  4. Poco F2 Pro stuck at 128GB for the SD865 and pop up camera

Selection is based on Lazada SG local stock, with prices below SGD697 or RM2,140

You are almost certain to not find any OP7P for under USD500, at least locally. I bought an OP7P 256GB model recently and it cost me SGD880...

thanks mate