titanfall 2 worth it?

PurplDrank

Depends entirely on if the game is your jam or not.  No man’s sky beyond seemed like my jam but I’m rage quitting because the death mechanic seems incredibly harsh.  Actually worse than restarting from scratch.  Would be easy to fix, if I could say pick up my stuff again, but I’ve got no way to find my stuff or get to it so restarting the whole campaign again seems the only way.

UPDATE: Tried it one more time, lucked out and happened to fly near enough to my grave to see the marker.  Really though they need to have a higher visibility for that.  They have visibility problems for all their markers making a lot of things hard to do.  Could be a hack avoidance thing. I could see someone deliberately dying in an area just to get a usable marker.  It’s that annoying.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I honestly haven't played it yet even though I do own it. I've been meaning to run through it. From what I've heart about it, the campaign is really good and  worth playing through. Seems like people really enjoyed the MP as well but it had a pretty bad launch window that left it competing with other heavy hitters so it never really developed much of a player base. I'm not sure how active the scene is.

From what I've heard, it is a huge improvement over TF1's multiplayer which says a lot since I thought TF1 was really fun online.

1 hour ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I honestly haven't played it yet even though I do own it. I've been meaning to run through it. From what I've heart about it, the campaign is really good and  worth playing through. Seems like people really enjoyed the MP as well but it had a pretty bad launch window that left it competing with other heavy hitters so it never really developed much of a player base. I'm not sure how active the scene is.

From what I've heard, it is a huge improvement over TF1's multiplayer which says a lot since I thought TF1 was really fun online.

Downloaded it today..
Got a match within minutes, which is different to months ago when I waited 30mins and quit.
But today was in there quickly,..and it was pretty fun (although skill ceilings,... I died a lot)
Can't speak for anything else, I'm like you, had it for ages, never tried it really...after SP.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

100%. I would pay $60 for it. 

Defiantly. i played the original and loved it and the 2nd one i would say is even better. The campaign and game mechanics are really good. I would happily play it again if its on sale. The MP let me down though was really slow and modes were pretty basic. Kinda the reason why i actually liked anthem although that one did have its flaws... Wish EA would actually update games instead of throwing them away like what happened with no mans sky which now is a great game in my opinion, They did it with battlefront 2 so no reason why they cant do it with that.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

13 hours ago, fpo said:

100%. I would pay $60 for it. 

18 hours ago, gloop said:

Yes.

So the MP is very good?

40 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

So the MP is very good?

Campaign!!!!!!!!

multiplayer is good too but... play the campaign! 

Titanfall 2 is a hella fun game, only parts not quite my jam are the parts where I had to do combo jumps and whatnot to clear some obstacles, I'm an old dog and new tricks aren't easy for me. The fights were pretty fun, would definitely get Titanfall 3 (IF it ever gets made) as I love the SP Campaign.......basically an SP guy.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2