Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StonerNixon

Cheap but still effective power supply ?

Posted · Original PosterOP

And what’s the difference between buying one of those and buying a splitter ? I would be spilitting off Molex or sata . 

And what’s the difference between buying those or buying a splitter ? . I would be spilitting off sata or molex 

When you use adapters or a splitter, you're not using as many conductors and this will cause resistance that will cause voltages to drop.  Also, there's the resistance in the adapter's connector itself.   A Molex only has one +12V.  PCIe has three.  It's simple Ohm's law math.

You can get the cables off eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corsair-8-PIN-TO-6-2-PIN-PCIE-PCI-e-cable-for-type-3-or-TXM-HX-AXi-series/153344740445?

Corsair: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-3-Sleeved-Black-PCIe-Pig-Tail-Cable/p/CP-8920114

Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Adapter-Corsair-Modular-24-inch/dp/B07CZBZN5R/

Newegg:  https://www.newegg.com/p/17Z-00PR-034S3?Description=corsair cables&cm_re=corsair_cables-_-9SIAKFCA219029-_-Product

Where ever...

@jonnyGURU thank you . And I appreciate you taking the time to help . I have replied in a few days cause I feel like absolute death Lol im going to grab some from one of the links you provided . 

33 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

I have replied in a few days cause I feel like absolute death

Hope it's not COVID.  😮

@jonnyGURU no it’s not corona got a test done and I’m clear . Don’t mean to sound pissed off at you directly if I do . Stressful day . Stopped cleaning for two seconds so I could just actually order the cord and we’ll umm .. being Canadian fuckin sucks dude . 

image.jpg

27 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

@jonnyGURU no it’s not corona got a test done and I’m clear . Don’t mean to sound pissed off at you directly if I do . Stressful day . Stopped cleaning for two seconds so I could just actually order the cord and we’ll umm .. being Canadian fuckin sucks dude . 

I wonder...have you tried using the Amazon US site and buying it from there? It's $20 USD (AmazonGlobal Shipping to Canada is $7.06, cord is $12.99 USD)

Edit: Either that, or buy a EVGA BR 450w for ~$70 CAD or SeaSonic S12III 500w for ~$65 CAD

Edit 2: I'm half stupid, forgot you were Crossfiring two r9 270s. Then you would have to spend ~90-100 CAD on something like the CV 650w or Gigabyte P650B for enough wattage

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: Asus Dual OC 2080  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia (Proprietary Thermaltake View 21, side intake, not front)  PSU: ATNG 800w 80+ Bronze (replacing when shortage is over) Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Acer XG270HU (27" 1440p 144hz TN), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

If crossfire is 100% percent out for the ocz 600w power supply I already have , then I can just use a single gtx 580 its asus so it’s red and black and fits the build . So like that’s not really a concern . I just need freaking 6+2 to plug Into the gpu . 2 of them . The ocz I already have is semi modular so those cables Jonny post work . They are just 100 bucks for a fucking cable lol no thank you , I’ll just buy an entirely new power supply at that point . But trying to save myself and not have to do that . Im in Canada, I live in Canada , so no matter what , I’m paying the difference, and the difference is what makes these things too expensive. Our dollor is complete and udder shit . So if I’m spending 20 of them I better be getting 2 cords ffs lol I will purposely take what you guys gave me and retype things in and see what I can find for a better deal , but either shit just dosnt show up for me , cause I’m on mobile most of the time , or either I can’t find a better deal and everything is just more expensive.