HELP Is it my PSU?

Hi I have the following system:

MSI Z390 - DDR4 Motherboard

Intel i5 3.70Ghz processor

NVidia Quadro P4000 8gb Grapphics card

Corsair RM1000X power supply

I run autocad, photoshop and sketchup mainly, but also sometimes use other cad platforms. I use to have an EVG 80+ Bronze 600w ATX power supply but I started to max out the power usage  and the software started glitching and hanging up.  So I went ahead and bought the corsair power supply in the hope that it would resolve the very high power usage trends I was experiencing.  However it has not resolved the issues.  I  can't believe a 1000w power supply is not man enough to run autocad 2020 so what could be the issue?  Can someone help, even running malware bytes puts the power usage into the red is there an issue here I don't see? 

A Coffee Lake i5 and a P4000 won't pull even close to 600W, so that power supply wasn't getting maxed out, and an RM1000x even less so.

Make sure you're not running out of memory, check for stability on the CPU, GPU and memory, check thermals and update your drivers and the BIOS.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

22 minutes ago, corinpitchers said:

I run autocad, photoshop and sketchup mainly, but also sometimes use other cad platforms. I use to have an EVG 80+ Bronze 600w ATX power supply but I started to max out the power usage  and the software started glitching and hanging up.  So I went ahead and bought the corsair power supply in the hope that it would resolve the very high power usage trends I was experiencing.  However it has not resolved the issues.  I  can't believe a 1000w power supply is not man enough to run autocad 2020 so what could be the issue?  Can someone help, even running malware bytes puts the power usage into the red is there an issue here I don't see? 

Where is this "magic" power usage?

28 minutes ago, corinpitchers said:

This system maybe consumes 350w on full blast. So there is for sure something else going on. How are you measuring the power useage? How much ram do you have?

44 minutes ago, corinpitchers said:

if you don't need an Nvidia card get a Radeon VII  ( more Vram same Price )

Edit: didn't see you already have the sytem

Edited by Drama Lama

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

How much RAM do you have? Because that could be dragging down performance.