Who needs a graphics card anyway?

nicklmg

Who needs a graphics card anyway?

giphy.gif.f864f640fc8eade2c5bfb07e824fe5a5.gif

Odd choice of video title for a headset review. Wrong title maybe?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Odd choice of video title for a headset review. Wrong title maybe?

Maybe they mean that the sound is too great, that you can close your eyes while gaming and still pick those heads! :D 

EDIT: or the sound is too great that you could even give up fancy graphics for some great audio experience.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

2 hours ago, taku1101 said:

Given its a headset I kinda expected a Sound demonstration of the microphone... 

I was kinda missing that

i mean you could go to Linus's twitch and hear for yourself...

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

Ahhh clickbait, how I cannot watch you

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Nothing unusual here. My Sony XB700 cans that I bought over 10 years ago can fetch as much as $700 brand new on the import market today, assuming you can still find one because they're becoming incredibly rare. These are so sought after by audio guys that there is actually a market for replacement ear pads just for these headphones with tutorials online about how to replace them after they wear out.

The reason WHY these cans are so phenomenal and held onto by audiophiles who own them is the sound. The oversized 50mm drivers push a TON of air making bass in particular sound like you are standing right next to a pair of $15,000 floor speakers. I used to rock out to these all the time with my HTC Touch Pro 2 back in the day because I had the remote control accessory and the TP2 had a built-in 10 band EQ to tune the sound precisely the way I wanted it. Forget iPhones and Hi-Res Audio walkmans - THIS is how you showed off your audiophile prowess.

More recently I got myself a TEAC HA-P50 portable headphone amp. I use it with my iPhone SE and the TEAC HR Audio player app for iOS to play back Hi-Res Audio files. This also has a 10 band EQ built in to help you adjust the sound exactly the way you want. Paired with the XB700 cans they really do bring out the full potential of your music especially if your source material is recorded at high bit rates and sampling frequency.

For the desktop I have a TEAC UD-503 DAC that I also use with my XB700 cans for gaming. Call it overkill but combined with the sound software I have on the PC it's the perfect solution as it allows me to shape the sound any way I want without annoying anybody or if I want to listen loud late at night. In my case in particular the analog audio header coming from my mobo was flaking out and disabled the headphone jack. With the DAC being connected via optical I get around the problem!

spacer.png

The one thing that 99% of headsets aren´t very good at is missing: The audio test sample from the microphone.