LAST OF US 2 (WORTH IT OR NOT)

Ayush007
Go to solution Solved by eikast,

So I beat it yesterday (with all of the collectibles), it took me about 24 hours or so (I used some guides for the collectibles). I like many heard of the leaks then I viewed them and was angry. After a couple of weeks I decided that I would check out the game and preordered it (after I told my wife that I wouldn't get it). I can say that I honestly loved the game. I'm not going to spoil anything but the leaks were wrong about the ending of the game (the footage that they showed was in the game but it was NOT the ending). The ending does have some sort of closure but I feel like some people may not like it. So there are two groups of people that are hating on the game without even playing it

1) People that hate what the leaks show about the game in terms of the story (mainly what happens to certain characters, etc.). For these people, I can recommend playing it but keep an open mind finish playing through the game. 

2) People that hate the idea of there being a lesbian main character, trans npc, and a very muscular female character... I don't see how these people would like the game. But tbh I don't think that they were even serious about getting the game (Ellie was always a lesbian and it was a focus of the left behind dlc). People who think this way tend to bash other games too such as Wolfenstein New Colossus for pushing "SJW agenda" because the player in that game is trying to take America back from Nazi control /shrug.

4 hours ago, Peter Starzynski said:

Heres why I'm not buying the game. 

Btw I enjoyed the first game. I thought that story was really good. It showed me the story of a broken man who 15 years later becomes a father again even when he is trying to fight it the whole time. 

I'm not a fan of TLOU2 storyline because it just went all over the place for me. I watched a stream and I felt like I got more of Abby's story rather than Ellie's story. Theres way too many flashbacks, while I think the story between Joel and Ellie is good, I just wish they could have told in a way that didn't require flashbacks. That would allow the player to grow an even deeper relationship with Joel, making is killing even more meaningful than it already was. Then instead of playing as Abby, you can hate her even more.

Also I'm not a fan of sex scenes. The one with Abby and Owen made no sense to me.

All of that said, this game was a beautiful game. The characters are looking more and more real as video games evolve. The scenes Naughty Dog makes are beautiful as usual. Its a masterpiece graphically.

Thanx Peter Starzynski,

For sharing your opinion with us.

I appreciate it. 👍👍👍

Have u watch  the leaks or spoiler before launch.??

30 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Thanx Peter Starzynski,

For sharing your opinion with us.

I appreciate it. 👍👍👍

Have u watch  the leaks or spoiler before launch.??

The only thing I saw was Joel dying. But it had no sound.

On 7/1/2020 at 3:37 PM, Ayush007 said:

Thanx  for explainig so beautifully and logically.

Your explanation is quite logical and practical.

I appreciate it 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Bdw I have played first part !!

I really liked the first part. 

Thank you. I try to be. 👍

5 hours ago, Peter Starzynski said:

The only thing I saw was Joel dying. But it had no sound.

Well I hope , it's not the climax or complete spoiler , as I have ordered the game and I don't want to ruin my interest regarding this title.

🤞🤞🤞😅😅😅

1 hour ago, Ayush007 said:

Well I hope , it's not the climax or complete spoiler , as I have ordered the game and I don't want to ruin my interest regarding this title.

🤞🤞🤞😅😅😅

No, that particular scene happens about 2 hours in. 

Id recommend staying away from and threads or videos discussing Part II if you don’t want spoilers. 

7 minutes ago, gloop said:

No, that particular scene happens about 2 hours in. 

Id recommend staying away from and threads or videos discussing Part II if you don’t want spoilers. 

Thanx bro 

For ur cooperation.

I appreciate it.  👍👍👍

On 7/1/2020 at 12:37 PM, Ayush007 said:

Bdw I have played first part !!

Okay, so the ending of the last game is Joel and Ellie go back to the town with Tommy, Ellie tells Joel "Okay" and the ending is really up to your interpretation.

1. Did Joel doom mankind, or were the Fireflies just going to fail and kill her for no reason? Given how incompetent they're shown throughout the game and the failed monkey testing, I'd say it's unlikely. The surgery room she was in was hugely non-sterile, and this brain surgeon is 20 years after the fall, and he's supposed to still be up to par? And they're supposed to synthesize a genetic mutation cure and distribute it?
  2. Did Ellie believe Joel or not? Probably not.
  3. Does it matter if she believes him if he's still a father figure?

So in the first 15 minutes of TLOU2 we get some straight garbage answers.

1. Joel 100% doomed mankind. The Fireflies, despite everything stacked against them, would've made a cure, and that was the ONLY doctor in the world that could've made a cure.
  2. Ehh? I guess she did, but later finds out he lied, which isn't that surprising.
  3. She 100% resents him and tells him to fuck off, at which point Joel acts like a puppy dog who was scolded and begging forgiveness.

It fucking sucks.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:49 PM, Peter Starzynski said:

That would allow the player to grow an even deeper relationship with Joel, making is killing even more meaningful than it already was. Then instead of playing as Abby, you can hate her even more.

Also I'm not a fan of sex scenes. The one with Abby and Owen made no sense to me.

Well, spoilers.

Also, fuck off, it's "tasteful." A physical altercation before rough butt stuff is what every tasteful healthy relationship looks like.

"Part II ventures into further new ground for the studio. There’s a wonderfully written love triangle. There’s even a “tasteful” sex scene – a rarity in games."

#Muricaparrotgang

Just now, JZStudios said:

Okay, so the ending of the last game is Joel and Ellie go back to the town with Tommy, Ellie tells Joel "Okay" and the ending is really up to your interpretation.

1. Did Joel doom mankind, or were the Fireflies just going to fail and kill her for no reason? Given how incompetent they're shown throughout the game and the failed monkey testing, I'd say it's unlikely. The surgery room she was in was hugely non-sterile, and this brain surgeon is 20 years after the fall, and he's supposed to still be up to par? And they're supposed to synthesize a genetic mutation cure and distribute it?

1. Joel 100% doomed mankind. The Fireflies, despite everything stacked against them, would've made a cure, and that was the ONLY doctor in the world that could've made a cure.
  2. Ehh? I guess she did, but later finds out he lied, which isn't that surprising.
  3. She 100% resents him and tells him to fuck off, at which point Joel acts like a puppy dog who was scolded and begging forgiveness.

It fucking sucks.

Well, spoilers.

Also, fuck off, it's "tasteful." A physical altercation before rough butt stuff is what every tasteful healthy relationship looks like.

"Part II ventures into further new ground for the studio. There’s a wonderfully written love triangle. There’s even a “tasteful” sex scene – a rarity in games."

Good Lord !!

It's good that I didn't read ur text , as it contain spoiler.

I don't want to ruin my interest for this title.😞😞😞😞😞😞😞

2 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Good Lord !!

It's good that I didn't read ur text , as it contain spoiler.

I don't want to ruin my interest for this title.😞😞😞😞😞😞😞

What I said happens literally the second you start the game.

#Muricaparrotgang

24 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

What I said happens literally the second you start the game.

May be its just a misunderstanding or m too obsessed wid dis title.

No prob 🤔🤔

Stay awesome 👍

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

It fucking sucks.

Well, spoilers.

Also, fuck off, it's "tasteful." A physical altercation before rough butt stuff is what every tasteful healthy relationship looks like. On

Telling someone to "F off" is not productive to the conversation. I personally didn't like it because it made no sense. I don't wish to argue in an unproductive way.

22 minutes ago, Peter Starzynski said:

Telling someone to "F off" is not productive to the conversation. I personally didn't like it because it made no sense. I don't wish to argue in an unproductive way.

Twas a joke.

#Muricaparrotgang