LAST OF US 2 (WORTH IT OR NOT)

Ayush007
Go to solution Solved by eikast,

So I beat it yesterday (with all of the collectibles), it took me about 24 hours or so (I used some guides for the collectibles). I like many heard of the leaks then I viewed them and was angry. After a couple of weeks I decided that I would check out the game and preordered it (after I told my wife that I wouldn't get it). I can say that I honestly loved the game. I'm not going to spoil anything but the leaks were wrong about the ending of the game (the footage that they showed was in the game but it was NOT the ending). The ending does have some sort of closure but I feel like some people may not like it. So there are two groups of people that are hating on the game without even playing it

1) People that hate what the leaks show about the game in terms of the story (mainly what happens to certain characters, etc.). For these people, I can recommend playing it but keep an open mind finish playing through the game. 

2) People that hate the idea of there being a lesbian main character, trans npc, and a very muscular female character... I don't see how these people would like the game. But tbh I don't think that they were even serious about getting the game (Ellie was always a lesbian and it was a focus of the left behind dlc). People who think this way tend to bash other games too such as Wolfenstein New Colossus for pushing "SJW agenda" because the player in that game is trying to take America back from Nazi control /shrug.

Hello friends,

I hope you and all your family member are doing well !!

Please stay safe and happy !!

As you all know  that we can finally put our hands on naughty dog latest title~ last of us 2.

I  Know  many hard-core gamers , who  have ended the game within an hour  or days.

I will feel highly privilege if anyone will provide me their opinion regarding last of us 2 worth buying  or not.

Please feel free to share your opinion.

As your opinion is highly valuable for me. 

I’ve haven’t played it in 2 days, will probably start back today. 

I think that if you enjoyed the gameplay of the first, you’ll enjoy the gameplay of the second. 

the story is dogshit, don’t get me started. 

It'll take around 25-30 hours to finish from what I've heard, unless you're speedrunning it.

Personally, I loved the original, but I'm not touching the sequel because of the utter shite storyline.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

28 minutes ago, gloop said:

I’ve haven’t played it in 2 days, will probably start back today. 

I think that if you enjoyed the gameplay of the first, you’ll enjoy the gameplay of the second. 

the story is dogshit, don’t get me started. 

Dear gloop,

Thanx for sharing your opinion.

I appreciate it.

N don't worry I won't let you get started.

21 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

It'll take around 25-30 hours to finish from what I've heard, unless you're speedrunning it.

Personally, I loved the original, but I'm not touching the sequel because of the utter shite storyline.

Thanx Mateyy,

For sharing your opinion.

I appreciate it.

My question to you is have you seen the spoiler or leaks !?

5 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Thanx Mateyy,

For sharing your opinion.

I appreciate it.

My question to you is have you seen the spoiler or leaks !?

Well originally I didn't really want to look into the leaks prior to launch but since I skipped the PS4 so it wasn't like I was going to buy the game now anyway, I checked out some snippets. The problem is that while the leaks were disappointing, the way the whole story's written and laid out is even worse.

I might've given it a chance when the PS5 released as I'm kind of interested in getting one, but after having looked more into the story I've come to the conclusion that I most likely won't even bother.

Part of the disappointment is also that this was the follow-up to a really great ga9me - if this was a separate story on its own, it might not have gotten the backlash it's received.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

9 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Well originally I didn't really want to look into the leaks prior to launch but since I skipped the PS4 so it wasn't like I was going to buy the game now anyway, I checked out some snippets. The problem is that while the leaks were disappointing, the way the whole story's written and laid out is even worse.

I might've given it a chance when the PS5 released as I'm kind of interested in getting one, but after having looked more into the story I've come to the conclusion that I most likely won't even bother.

Part of the disappointment is also that this was the follow-up to a really great ga9me - if this was a separate story on its own, it might not have gotten the backlash it's received.

Thanx mateyyy ,

For sharing your opinion with us.

I appreciate it.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I just need to confirm that  only those who saw the leaks don't like to play this game or not. 

In fact I'm also thinking to buy it for next gen , but since I'm getting bored due to quarantine, need some thing  to entertain , so i thought to buy it for current gen.

12 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Hello friends,

I hope you and all your family member are doing well !!

Please stay safe and happy !!

As you all know  that we can finally put our hands on naughty dog latest title~ last of us 2.

I  Know  many hard-core gamers , who  have ended the game within an hour  or days.

I will feel highly privilege if anyone will provide me their opinion regarding last of us 2 worth buying  or not.

Please feel free to share your opinion.

As your opinion is highly valuable for me. 

Avoid it like the plague.

Gameplay hasnt advanced from the 1st game, and to be fair the gameplay wasnt what made the 1st game great.

Graphics are improved but nothing special tbh.

Voice acting is great

But the story, the thing that made the 1st game great ...oh boy is that bad. Not just due to certain things that happen ..but just the overall plot, pacing, and script.. its terrible.

And the preaching ..or rather ..'agenda' ...could not be more in your face if u tried ...or up the arse :P

If u liked the 1st game for the story ,, dont get No.2 ..if u liked the 1st game purely for the gameplay .. and couldn't care less about the story ..sure go ahead.

But seriously ..dont buy it.

Another thing to note though. When u see a game get highly scored by 'critics' then fail miserably in the user score/reviews, and youtube reivews ...thats when u avoid it. TLOU2 did just that, and for good reason.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

5 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Another thing to note though. When u see a game get highly scored by 'critics' then fail miserably in the user score/reviews, and youtube reivews ...thats when u avoid it. TLOU2 did just that, and for good reason.

You have to be careful of critical praise/ user scoring judgement too as it too can be a result of ...

..'agenda' 

just means you need to do your own due diligence.

So I beat it yesterday (with all of the collectibles), it took me about 24 hours or so (I used some guides for the collectibles). I like many heard of the leaks then I viewed them and was angry. After a couple of weeks I decided that I would check out the game and preordered it (after I told my wife that I wouldn't get it). I can say that I honestly loved the game. I'm not going to spoil anything but the leaks were wrong about the ending of the game (the footage that they showed was in the game but it was NOT the ending). The ending does have some sort of closure but I feel like some people may not like it. So there are two groups of people that are hating on the game without even playing it

1) People that hate what the leaks show about the game in terms of the story (mainly what happens to certain characters, etc.). For these people, I can recommend playing it but keep an open mind finish playing through the game. 

2) People that hate the idea of there being a lesbian main character, trans npc, and a very muscular female character... I don't see how these people would like the game. But tbh I don't think that they were even serious about getting the game (Ellie was always a lesbian and it was a focus of the left behind dlc). People who think this way tend to bash other games too such as Wolfenstein New Colossus for pushing "SJW agenda" because the player in that game is trying to take America back from Nazi control /shrug.

11 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Avoid it like the plague.

Gameplay hasnt advanced from the 1st game, and to be fair the gameplay wasnt what made the 1st game great.

Graphics are improved but nothing special tbh.

Voice acting is great

But the story, the thing that made the 1st game great ...oh boy is that bad. Not just due to certain things that happen ..but just the overall plot, pacing, and script.. its terrible.

And the preaching ..or rather ..'agenda' ...could not be more in your face if u tried ...or up the arse :P

If u liked the 1st game for the story ,, dont get No.2 ..if u liked the 1st game purely for the gameplay .. and couldn't care less about the story ..sure go ahead.

But seriously ..dont buy it.

Thanx solarNova,

For sharing your opinion , I appreciate  your effort.👍👍

Although I was planning to buy it for next gen but now as per user review , I'm seriously confused.

Is this sequence has better gameplay compare to first one????

5 hours ago, Ertman said:

You have to be careful of critical praise/ user scoring judgement too as it too can be a result of ...

just means you need to do your own due diligence.

Thanx Ertman,

For sharing your opinion. I agree with your point, bdw what's your review (personally).

I will feel highly privileged if you can share your review.

4 hours ago, eikast said:

Thanx elkast, 

I literally appreciate the way u explain the whole senirio. Seems like you are great analyist.👍👍👍👍👌👌👌👌👌

What about if I don't heard or see any kind of leaks or spoiler, is there any possibility that I will like this sequel.??

I'm just 6 hours in so I haven't seen how the story evolves yet. But from what I have played there are a few things i can say.

1. The game looks amazing.

2. The gamplay is fun, but not for everyone. It is slower and heavier than your typical 3rd pearson shooter.

3. The performances from the cast is on another level. 

4. The story moves a bit slow .

5. The games atmosphere is superb.

Overall I would definitely give the game a try.

6 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Is this sequence has better gameplay compare to first one????

Gameplay is more or less identical to the 1st game.

Small additions like ability to 'jump' and 'swing' from ropes is more or less just fluff, it doesnt add anything.

As i've said, the gameplay isnt what made the 1st game great, it was the story and setting. TLOU2 however doesnt have a good story, so its a rather mediocre game at best. Fans of the original story wont like what TLOU2 is.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

11 hours ago, eikast said:

Ah, the old addage. "People are either racist/homophobic if they don't like the game, or are just too upset that things happen."

Aside from everything else garbage about the game that's a perfectly valid reason for not liking it. This is willfully disingenuous. The story sucks, the game blatantly uses cheap "tactics" to try and force emotions, negative consequences only really apply to one party, not both, thus invalidating the entire point of the game. Aging combat systems that were old when the first game released. TERRIBLE dialogue, arbitrarily contrived character decisions at every step of the way, plot holes you could drive a cruise liner through, stupid teen drama the first game ridiculed, the list goes on.

If you like it, fine. You might be easily manipulated. But let's not pretend like people only dislike it because they're against the agenda (Which is still a valid reason, the cast is impossibly diverse and there's people in these groups that don't appreciate it) or because thing happens to Joel. I immediately lost interest when the game opens on "Ooh, Ellie kissed Dina! DRAMA!!!" Time for a bigot sandwich. It's fucking dumb. I don't care if Ellie kissed Dina or Jesse or whoever. This is a game that just forgets there's an apocalypse happening constantly and so these dipshits find a hidden weed growing operation... which why the hell is it hidden? Is the fuzz going to come in and do a bust? Anyways they find some weed, take 3 puffs, and then have sex. And then some cheesy, shitty dialogue. WOO! Great storytelling, I've never seen MTV "reality shows" before.

Also, no, that's not why people disliked the New Order. Also willfully disingenuous.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 6/24/2020 at 6:35 AM, eikast said:

I don’t think it’s that people don’t like the lesbian thing I thinks it’s for a start the super false “diversity”. Also it’s not relevant to the plot it’s just shoehorned in which makes it pointless and takes away from the story rather than adds to it. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

17 hours ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

I'm just 6 hours in so I haven't seen how the story evolves yet. But from what I have played there are a few things i can say.

1. The game looks amazing.

2. The gamplay is fun, but not for everyone. It is slower and heavier than your typical 3rd pearson shooter.

3. The performances from the cast is on another level. 

4. The story moves a bit slow .

5. The games atmosphere is superb.

Overall I would definitely give the game a try.

Thanx DeagleMaster69,

I appreciate it.👍👍👍👍👍

Seems like your enjoying the game.

"Happy hunting."

16 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Gameplay is more or less identical to the 1st game.

Small additions like ability to 'jump' and 'swing' from ropes is more or less just fluff, it doesnt add anything.

As i've said, the gameplay isnt what made the 1st game great, it was the story and setting. TLOU2 however doesnt have a good story, so its a rather mediocre game at best. Fans of the original story wont like what TLOU2 is.

Ohhh i c , 

Seems like  you have done deep R&D , Hahahah!!

Anyways thnx for sharing your review with us. I appreciate it.😀

15 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Ah, the old addage. "People are either racist/homophobic if they don't like the game, or are just too upset that things happen."

Aside from everything else garbage about the game that's a perfectly valid reason for not liking it. This is willfully disingenuous. The story sucks, the game blatantly uses cheap "tactics" to try and force emotions, negative consequences only really apply to one party, not both, thus invalidating the entire point of the game. Aging combat systems that were old when the first game released. TERRIBLE dialogue, arbitrarily contrived character decisions at every step of the way, plot holes you could drive a cruise liner through, stupid teen drama the first game ridiculed, the list goes on.

If you like it, fine. You might be easily manipulated. But let's not pretend like people only dislike it because they're against the agenda (Which is still a valid reason, the cast is impossibly diverse and there's people in these groups that don't appreciate it) or because thing happens to Joel. I immediately lost interest when the game opens on "Ooh, Ellie kissed Dina! DRAMA!!!" Time for a bigot sandwich. It's fucking dumb. I don't care if Ellie kissed Dina or Jesse or whoever. This is a game that just forgets there's an apocalypse happening constantly and so these dipshits find a hidden weed growing operation... which why the hell is it hidden? Is the fuzz going to come in and do a bust? Anyways they find some weed, take 3 puffs, and then have sex. And then some cheesy, shitty dialogue. WOO! Great storytelling, I've never seen MTV "reality shows" before.

Also, no, that's not why people disliked the New Order. Also willfully disingenuous.

Thanx JZStudios,

Your information is quite logical and open minded.

I appreciate it 👍👍

Well I may be wrong , n frequently  I'm and  if I'm wrong , I just want to be put right, let's examine the facts -

the major reason why people don't like it are leaks OR spoiler also.

8 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

I just started playing today (I'm about 2 hours in the game), and it seems VERY promising.

Thanx humdrumPenguin,

For sharing your opinion,

Please don't forget to share the review once you are  done wid it.

As your opinion are highly valuable for us.

2 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

I don’t think it’s that people don’t like the lesbian thing I thinks it’s for a start the super false “diversity”. Also it’s not relevant to the plot it’s just shoehorned in which makes it pointless and takes away from the story rather than adds to it. 

Thanx Lord Ville,

For sharing your opinion.👍👍

I agree with your point.

Bdw have you end it.?

ROFLMAO.

Shad just posted an epic vid. Honestly didnt expect him to make a vid on it tbh, not really what his channel is about ..but still ..how the hell does he keep a straight face :P

11 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Well I may be wrong , n frequently  I'm and  if I'm wrong , I just want to be put right, let's examine the facts -

the major reason why people don't like it are leaks OR spoiler also.

It's hard to tell. A lot of people are focusing on what happens in the leaks, but... it's a revenge plot. Something has to happen to facilitate that feeling for wanting revenge. It has to matter. In that sense there's only one way to accomplish that.

Some people are upset that it happens, and others are upset how it happens, because it is really fucking dumb.

There's a variety of reasons for not liking the game.

1. What happens in the leaks.
  2. HOW it happens.
  3. The nearly identical gameplay of the first game from 2013, which wasn't particularly good then. (3,4 and 5 and sort of subsets of the overarching gameplay issue)
  4. The length of combat encounters that drags on way too long.
  5. The absolute lack of gameplay variation due to the gameplay mechanics.
  6. Yes, the forced diversity.
  7. The disjointed story-telling.
  8. The bad dialogue.
  9. The egregious gore that puts Mortal Kombat to shame
  10. The total lack of any amount of fun or uplifting moments.
  11. The colossal plot holes and things that don't make sense or matter in the world.
  12. The ruination of certain characters and introducing new ones that just... aren't very good.
  13. Cheap emotional manipulation tactics. Things like enemies calling out dead peoples names, or dogs whimpering over their owners. There's worse examples, but spoilers.
  14. The cliche story overall. It's a pretty basic revenge plot all things considered. They only end in 2 or 3 ways, and TLOU2 is no different.
  • The avenger gets revenge at the cost of everything else, they feel justified but "empty" like Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride.
  • The avenger gets to the final person, typically after killing dozens of others, then decide revenge isn't worth it and lets them go. Think of GTA4 when Niko finds that Russian guy, but they give you a choice of sparing him or killing him. Or 91 days if you're into anime, but that had an ambiguous ending that let you decide, it just showed the characters struggle.
  • The avenger gets revenge, and becomes the monster. Think The Godfather.

I'm not going to say which category TLOU2 falls into, but it's one of those 3 basic plots and doesn't really differentiate itself. Other than terrible storytelling and ridiculously stupid character choices. All I'm going to say is all of those examples are FAR better with revenge plots and storytelling than TLOU2.

I can't stop adding things. The story is a basic revenge plot that's poorly executed. So... in a sense, they did something players find irredeemable to display a very cliched story while taking away everything they liked about the first game. I remember after the first game Druckmann was asked if there would be a sequel, to which said along the lines of "It would need to be a really good story, and it probably wouldn't have Joel and Ellie." Which... both of those were lies I guess.

Just also as an aside, you can reply to multiple people at once instead of double posting. Or quintuple posting.

#Muricaparrotgang