Post your daily carry?

Nine Tailed Fox
1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

i never said that i was just curious not sure why you guys are being defensive

even if they just said they only carry a knife because they feel like it then ill say ok fair enough

I didn't tag you so it wasn't directed at you. I'm not defensive about anything. I couldn't give two fucks if other people thought it wasn't necessary to carry a firearm or knife🤷‍♂️ It's just funny how they always come out of the woodwork to spout their opinion when it wasn't asked for whenever someone posts that they concealed carry😂

I carry my phone (in a belt holster), a Swiss Army knife, keys and my wallet. I also always where a watch.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

i know im just asking what they use it for

If they're very lucky, they don't use it...

Unfortunately, you cannot predict luck, and that's the whole point. Not everyone lives in magic safety land where everything is always padded and covered in rainbows. Some of us have to live and work in places like Memphis, TN, which is frequently the most dangerous city in the US, although it was only the 4th most dangerous last year. Memphis makes Chicago's worst neighborhoods look like DreamVille.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

29 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

I carry my phone (in a belt holster), a Swiss Army knife, keys and my wallet. I also always where a watch.

I used to wear a watch.  Then cell phones came out.  Cell phone serves as my pocket watch.  Some of the new things like iWatch almost convince me to take it up again, but their batteries don’t last long enough.  I’d let em go dead by accident.  If thy ever get some sort of kinetic charging thing working I’ll go for it though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

You should try this model.

-snip-

Mm. Not packing any, got nothing to compensate for. 😉

Only total tools try that pick-up line anyways. 😁

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

3 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Mm. Not packing any, got nothing to compensate for. 😉

Only total tools try that pick-up line anyways. 😁

Or try to pick up that model.  It’s for display only and weighs several pounds 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

34 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I used to wear a watch.  Then cell phones came out.  Cell phone serves as my pocket watch.  Some of the new things like iWatch almost convince me to take it up again, but their batteries don’t last long enough.  I’d let em go dead by accident.  If thy ever get some sort of kinetic charging thing working I’ll go for it though.

I had a watch before I had a phone and I never really stopped wearing one. I also find it easier and more convenient to glance at my watch rather than having to take out my phone.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

17 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

I had a watch before I had a phone and I never really stopped wearing one. I also find it easier and more convenient to glance at my watch rather than having to take out my phone.

Im in the same boat. I've been wearing a watch every day for over 20 years now, I cant leave home without one.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

20 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Great to see that everyone has personal protection on daily carry. But you should also carrying other personal protection, such as condoms. It can make a wide range of equipment watertight. Not to mention its original purpose.

Miku never asked for me to use one, don't think I need to.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, Beef Boss said:

Miku never asked for me to use one, don't think I need to.

I think he is referring to the traditional military thing of putting a condom over the front of a gun barrel to keep sand and water out.  It works quite well because they can be shot though. 

On 6/25/2020 at 4:40 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Great to see that everyone has personal protection on daily carry. But you should also carrying other personal protection, such as condoms. It can make a wide range of equipment watertight. Not to mention its original purpose.

After 5 kids I think I am pretty good about how to handle that department.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I think he is referring to the traditional military thing of putting a condom over the front of a gun barrel to keep sand and water out.  It works quite well because they can be shot though. 

Meh, its a very old thing that was derived specifically for beach landings, outside that it is a useless practice. It was brought in my BCT but even then it was admitted that with advances in small arms it was no longer necessary. I can dump my M4 in the mud, wipe it off and its good.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

After 5 kids I think I am pretty good about how to handle that department.

Meh, its a very old thing that was derived specifically for beach landings, outside that it is a useless practice. It was brought in my BCT but even then it was admitted that with advances in small arms it was no longer necessary. I can dump my M4 in the mud, wipe it off and its good.

Also desert warfare but yes.  A ww2 thing.  There’s a famous order from Churchill about it.  Something about how large condoms should be labeled “medium”

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

survival-condom.jpg?resize=576%2C516&ssl

Everything makes at least some sense to me but the fire and the rabbit.  I’m not sure I want to know.

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Still no explanation for the rabbit.   I don’t think the bowstring will work, and they did the rifle one wrong.  You fit the resovoir tip over the end of the muzzle so it seals.

On 6/23/2020 at 8:46 AM, WereCatf said:

Yeah, I don't buy that argument. Like, are all these people constantly in some actually credible danger of being attacked by someone? I do not believe that.

Comes down to where you live. Went to Las Vegas 2 years ago, was talking to one of the workers. Told her I was from Metro Detroit. I swear she thought I was going to bust out a nine. Some places have that kind of rep. Those are the places you want to be armed. I know people who have gotten pulled over in Detroit for stopping at a red light......Let that sink in.... They followed the law and the police blatantly told them screw the red lights, treat them as yields and keep it moving. Some areas are just tougher than others. Lucky for me I don't need to carry any weapons, at least as of now. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

13 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Comes down to where you live. Went to Las Vegas 2 years ago, was talking to one of the workers. Told her I was from Metro Detroit. I swear she thought I was going to bust out a nine. Some places have that kind of rep. Those are the places you want to be armed. I know people who have gotten pulled over in Detroit for stopping at a red light......Let that sink in.... They followed the law and the police blatantly told them screw the red lights, treat them as yields and keep it moving. Some areas are just tougher than others. Lucky for me I don't need to carry any weapons, at least as of now. 

I found it interesting that most of the pics were of weapons.  Expensive ones.  I used to hang out a lot on an e-cigarette site.  They had pocket check stuff there too.  The pics were generally of incredibly expensive mechanical mods or provaris (an incredibly expensive not mechanical mod)  very few people had or used the stuff seen in pocket checks.  It’s about being proud of what you keep in your pocket I think.

Me I carry an e-cigarette (about a $150 rig. Nothing to write home about.  There are cheaper ones but there are better ones too), a set of spare batteries, some keys, a rather battered wallet, and my cell phone (iPhone 7.  Its old and scarred).  None of them are what anyone would think of as cool.  I don’t feel called to take pics of them.  

I don’t have anything against people that do though.  Nothing wrong with it.  It just means that a pocket check thread isn’t a great means to determine the makeup of a community.  What I find most interesting is I didn’t see any $400 Bluetooth earbud canisters or Uber phones.  I was kind of expecting that.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

I have been to Detroit, I will back this up 100%

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I found it interesting that most of the pics were of weapons.  Expensive ones.

I am on those kind that if I am going to buy one it is not going to be bottom shelf, granted I wont pay top money either. I believe in function over fashion. Not saying that my M&P .40 isn't a beauty. ;) 

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

26 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I have been to Detroit, I will back this up 100%

I am on those kind that if I am going to buy one it is not going to be bottom shelf, granted I wont pay top money either. I believe in function over fashion. Not saying that my M&P .40 isn't a beauty. ;) 

I have also been to Detroit. Go a lot of family There.  Didn’t see that at all.  Depends on where in a city you go.  They’re big places.  I live in the twin cities and I can say the claims of “cities burning” are totally overblown.  Up I’ll last week (long after everything ended) he only way I was affected was my local drug store got shut down for a few days.  This week though I went to 3 places looking to buy something though and they were all shut down.  All chain stores not based in the area.  “Alternative media” hysteria works even when it’s false.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I have also been to Detroit. Go a lot of family There.  Didn’t see that at all.  Depends on where in a city you go.  They’re big places.  I live in the twin cities and I can say the claims of “cities burning” are totally overblown.  Up I’ll last week (long after everything ended) he only way I was affected was my local drug store got shut down for a few days.  This week though I went to 3 places looking to buy something though and they were all shut down.  All chain stores not based in the area.  “Alternative media” hysteria works even when it’s false.

I will admit my experience was limited though as I was posted at Selfridge Air Force Base for a week for some training in 2012. I had a day of furlough before going back home so I drove around town and found myself in some fairly unfriendly places by accident. Nervous Lol. But I drove around in the nice areas as well. I am sure there has been improvements since then, I read that some of the areas that were dozed down have been rebuilt. It was a weird time for Detroit.

Lake St. Clair is beautiful to look at though. :) Took some photos.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I will admit my experience was limited though as I was posted at Selfridge Air Force Base for a week for some training in 2012. I had a day of furlough before going back home so I drove around town and found myself in some fairly unfriendly places by accident. Nervous Lol. But I drove around in the nice areas as well. I am sure there has been improvements since then, I read that some of the areas that were dozed down have been rebuilt. It was a weird time for Detroit.

Lake St. Clair is beautiful to look at though. :) Took some photos.

I haven’t been back there in a long time.  Visited my grandma till she died.  Most of my memories are 80’s and 90’s. She lived in Grosse point though so I missed Detroit proper except for downtown.   That movie “Grosse pointe blank”? I rode on that road in the opener.

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

America?

Eh that is just perpetuating a perception and lots of times a false one.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:37 AM, WereCatf said:

Why are so many people carrying weapons with them? Seems pretty silly to me.

It is only 'silly' if you carry for no reason, but its is a constitutional right that many like to do because they can. If you have seen any of the reply's that I made you will see that there are plenty of legitimate reasons as well. Most people that say it silly don't have the full picture or understanding as to the why they do it. I have found it is a very difficult point of view to explain to most people outside the US.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

11 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

1. Kill the rabbit
2. Chop the rabbit
3. Store the meat in a condom so it doesn’t get dirty

But then it will taste of condom lube 🤮 Also how much meat can you fit in a condom ? No giggling at the back!

4 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

But then it will taste of condom lube 🤮 Also how much meat can you fit in a condom ? No giggling at the back!

Well let's find out:

Condom content at 8:50:

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

14 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Not that I'm on board with the rubber on a rifle movement, but I feel if you get a core sample on any firearm it's out of commission? And I've always felt that dirt/mud on the bolt of any AR platform can also render it useless.

Granted there's so many better options than a condom.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro