Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nine Tailed Fox

Post your daily carry?

15 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I took a pic for this thread. Not pictured is a Samsung GS8 and a beltman double layer bullhide belt.

20200623_202414.jpg

Jesus Christ this guy has a flashlight + a flashlight on his phone + another little flashlight on his gun. Are you expecting some kind of a blackout apocalypse every time you leave home? :o 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

3 minutes ago, Giganthrax said:

a flashlight on his phone

phone flash lights are garbage

3 minutes ago, Giganthrax said:

another little flashlight on his gun

people use gun lights to identify what they are doing

Cameras main canon xti Secondary Panasonic GX85 spare Samsung ST68 and nikion s4000

main HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 14GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - 160GB HDD - MSI GT 710 - dual DVD roms 

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD                                                     

storage server - AMD X2 250 - ASUS m4a785-m - 4GB ram - 500GB HDD - 320GB HDD - 80GB HDD                                  

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang 

#animepfpgang                                                                                   

"There’s a fine line between perseverance and failure to accept reality'- Tim leatherman

28 minutes ago, Giganthrax said:

Jesus Christ this guy has a flashlight + a flashlight on his phone + another little flashlight on his gun. Are you expecting some kind of a blackout apocalypse every time you leave home? :o 

I'm an engineer and find myself peering into cracks and crevices of equipment a lot the FourSevens Quark is 800 lumens and just plain too much light to be looking up close at something, so I have the Preon penlight which is 200 lumens and a great little task light. Conversely I tend to leave the house at 5am when it's often still dark out, so having a more powerful light for finding things and moving around is useful as all get out. "Flash lights" on your phone are complete and utter trash.

As for the X300U on the glock, (the highest output of my lights, actually), if you need to use your handgun, a weapon light is a super great tool to have and cannot really be replaced by a handheld light.

And if you think that's overkill lol, you dont even want to know how much money I have into NVGs.

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

2 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I

Spoiler

'm an engineer and find myself peering into cracks and crevices of equipment a lot the FourSevens Quark is 800 lumens and just plain too much light to be looking up close at something, so I have the Preon penlight which is 200 lumens and a great little task light. Conversely I tend to leave the house at 5am when it's often still dark out, so having a more powerful light for finding things and moving around is useful as all get out.

As for the X300U on the glock, (the highest output of my lights, actually), if you need to use your handgun, a weapon light is a super great tool to have and cannot really be replaced by a handheld light.

And if you think that's overkill lol, you dont even want to know how much money I have into NVGs.

I carry two high output flashlights at all times and I'm not even an engineer :D So your daily carry makes a lot of sense.

5 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm an engineer and find myself peering into cracks and crevices of equipment a lot the FourSevens Quark is 800 lumens and just plain too much light to be looking up close at something, so I have the Preon penlight which is 200 lumens and a great little task light. Conversely I tend to leave the house at 5am when it's often still dark out, so having a more powerful light for finding things and moving around is useful as all get out.

I carry a maglite solitaire led and sometimes a ultrafire wf-501b

these are so much better than a phone flashlight

Cameras main canon xti Secondary Panasonic GX85 spare Samsung ST68 and nikion s4000

main HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 14GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - 160GB HDD - MSI GT 710 - dual DVD roms 

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD                                                     

storage server - AMD X2 250 - ASUS m4a785-m - 4GB ram - 500GB HDD - 320GB HDD - 80GB HDD                                  

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang 

#animepfpgang                                                                                   

"There’s a fine line between perseverance and failure to accept reality'- Tim leatherman

18 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

0G1A0207-Edit.thumb.jpg.39d1fed01835c9371ea901814cbbe115.jpg

Today's carry.

Is that anodized Damascus?

-it’s scuff Gang btw, I hated the name and needed a change
Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx580 @1.45ghz mem=2100mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 @3800mhz

mobo: Asus b450f

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

3 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Is that anodized Damascus?

No, this is black Timascus. Or titanium + zirconium.

Never leave home without them.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5178853/il_570xN.142208621.jpg&f=1&nofb=1https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://engviral.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/maxresdefault-72.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

38 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Never leave home without them.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5178853/il_570xN.142208621.jpg&f=1&nofb=1https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://engviral.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/maxresdefault-72.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

That’s a love bird.  Only one?  They generally can’t be separated unless you get a crazy one like i had when I was a kid.  They’re pretty rare though

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 6/23/2020 at 8:25 AM, Real_PhillBert said:

I haven't taken a pocket dump photo in a long time now so I dont have any up to date pics but:

Glock 19.4 with a Trijicon RMR RM07 and SureFire X300U-A in a custom Odin AIWB holster

Glock 17 spare magazine in an Odin mag carrier

Zero Tolerance 0450CF

FourSevens Preon 2 Titanium

Chapstick

FourSevens Quark (2x CR123A model, I dont remember the name/number)

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB

Wallet

Keys

Beltman dual layer bullhide kydex reinforced belt

I love the 0450CF, used mine for the past three years but the last job remodeling a room and using it to cut dry wall left the bearings in bad shape...

Anyway, I always carry my carhart wallet, desert works titanium pry bar and a titanium Keychain. My ZT 0462, Leatherman super tool 300(sometimes the surge instead) and a Schrade titanium tool. Can't forget my Samsung s10+

Join the nyalliance today, nya! ❤️

AMD 3700X GTX 1660 Super

Gigabyte X570 Aorus pro 16g 3200MHZ

Cooler Master MS110 combo fractal meshify C

Will be adding Samsung SSD's and an NZXT AIO to cool the CPU when adding voltage.

@Real_PhillBert

I love the 0450CF, used mine for the past three years but the last job remodeling a room and using it to cut dry wall left the bearings in bad shape...   Anyway, I always carry my carhart wallet, desert works titanium pry bar and a titanium Keychain. My ZT 0462 I acid etched and did a stonewash on this one, Leatherman super tool 300(sometimes the surge instead) and a Schrade titanium tool. Can't forget my Samsung s10+

Join the nyalliance today, nya! ❤️

AMD 3700X GTX 1660 Super

Gigabyte X570 Aorus pro 16g 3200MHZ

Cooler Master MS110 combo fractal meshify C

Will be adding Samsung SSD's and an NZXT AIO to cool the CPU when adding voltage.

Other than the usual wallet, moto z3 phone and keys.

Nemo usb rechargeable pen flashlight

Kimber Ultra CDP II, very rare I carry the two spare mags but it's nice to have them as an option

Kershaw Shallot for the knife.

IMG_20200625_013331064.jpg

mac-10

mac10.PNG.a17f734bdc459350cd134420e0672e3e.PNG

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900x | CPU Cooler:  EKWB EK-AIO 360 D-RGB | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASUS ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drive:  Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Storage Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Western Digital WD Blue 2 TB 2.5"+Toshiba N300 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM+Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" | GPU:  ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core | Case:  Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified (Black) with Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack+4x Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 V2 Reds added | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  BenQ PD2700U 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz+Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz+MSI Optix MAG322CR 31.5" 1920x1080 180 Hz | Mouse:  Corsair M65 RGB ELITE | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  AKG K712 PRO Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OS:  Windows 10 Pro |

Bifröst(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

why do so many people carry knives

You can cut pretty much anything stuck

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i wish i had a knife with me at anytime while im out

I can recommend you some just what is your price range

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang 

#animepfpgang                                                                                   

44 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

why do so many people carry knives I've never thought i wish i had a knife with me at anytime while im out

Personally, the knife I carry every day is not a defensive weapon, but a tool. I use it pretty much every day opening boxes or envelopes.

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

why do so many people carry knives I've never thought i wish i had a knife with me at anytime while im out

It’s sort of surprising how useful they turn out to be though generally a Swiss army type one is the most handy.  I found one with scissors to be the best.  TSA kind of killed pocketknives as a concept though.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Very useful thing to carry, might seem silly if your'e not used to having one with you, I carry at least a swiss army one, but usually I have two on me, these days I'm very much into ceramic blades, very light, you forget that you are carrying one, they are that light.

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

Cut, slash, snippity-snip.

Swiss Army Knife also comes with a buncha tools for (usually) every situation.

20200625_065630.thumb.jpg.ba57e89aa13713b58477cd58fad6962b.jpg

Clockwise, starting from the West:

• Wood saw blade.
  • Mini-scissors. I love it.
  • The Opener™ (Bottle Opener). Doubles as a flat-head screwdriver.
  • Smol blade. Innit cute?
  • Toothpick. Clean. I never use it.
  • Tweezers. Bad. Only use it for vewwy vewwy widdle things. Like, splinters.
  • The Other Opener™ (Can Opener). Doubles as a smaller flat-head screwdriver.
  • Biggun blade. What I most often use.
  • Corkscrew. Also, the only cockscrew in this house, lol.
  • Hook. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Reamer. To shank wood, leather, and softer fabrics.

The only thing missing is a Phillips screwdriver.

*sighs and silently chastises past-me*

LTT Official Folding Month 2020 is here!

(Event: Oct 12 - Nov 22)

Keeb Weeb LinksAn Introduction to Custom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

I find it far more bothersome that so many people carry guns around and often for very flimsy reasons, though, sure, I agree with you as well. I dont personally know a single person who was carrying any knives or guns or such. Must be some really dangerous places all these people are hanging out in.

I do carry a Leatherman with me, so technically I have a knife, but it's smaller than a typical butter-knife, so... Besides which, the reason I carry the Leatherman with me is for utility, not self-defense or anything like that. It'd be useless for self-defense, anyways.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 hours ago, sub68 said:

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

1 hour ago, Eschew said:

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

i wasnt thinking about defense just what would you need to cut when you are out and about. Like i sometimes need to cut stuff at home which is why i have knives at home and i have to cut stuff at work which is why we have box cutters at work but ive never been ambushed by a ups driver while out on a stroll and handed a package lol. the only thing i can think of is sometimes im at a cheap restaurant and they only have those crappy plastic knives and i wish i had a knife with me but I doubt thats what you are using them for lol

10 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i wasnt thinking about defense just what would you need to cut when you are out and about. Like i sometimes need to cut stuff at home which is why i have knives at home and i have to cut stuff at work which is why we have box cutters at work but ive never been ambushed by a ups driver while out on a stroll and handed a package lol. the only thing i can think of is sometimes im at a cheap restaurant and they only have those crappy plastic knives and i wish i had a knife with me but I doubt thats what you are using them for lol

The knife bit is often more used as a pry tool than for cutting. I think that’s why we’re seeing a lot of bigger knives.  Thick blades.   Scissors get used on things like hangnails and stuff. It’s a reason they often come with a nail file. Boxes aren’t the only packages. Sometimes there’s things like retrieve them bags of snacks and whatnot.  

19 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

the only thing i can think of is sometimes im at a cheap restaurant and they only have those crappy plastic knives and i wish i had a knife with me but I doubt thats what you are using them for lol

There have been plenty of times my pocket knife has been used to eat lunch.  So much so that I oil mine with cooking oil instead of a mineral oil. I want to make sure that it's not going to poison me if I feel like cutting my sandwich in half before eating it.