What 360mm AIO to buy ???

Hi guys !
I need help in choosing which 360mm AIO i should buy . I have seen a few i really like such as the artic freezer 2 which and from what i have seen online ,it has really good performance but my gripe is that i would actually prefer some rgb block and fans or at least just the block .

I have also been keen on the nzxt 360 mm AIO x72 and the z73 but have come across a lot of bad reviews from users stating that the hardware is great but the software is extremely bad ,to the point some users called it dangerous as it caused there fans and pump to stop working when the software crashed (which would happen a lot apparently )

I had looked at the asus AIO's too both the rog ryujin and the strix but had the same issues according to users as what i have mention about the nzxt range,

Lastly i was looking at the corsair icue 150i pro xt rgb , everything seems great with this one ,admittedly i am not the biggest fan of its looks but seems pretty solid as a product except for if i get unlucky and have it fail or worse d.o.a on me as again from what i have been reading corsair have shockingly bad customer service .

Any thoughts on this will be massively appreciated as it is my first build in over 10 years lol.
My specs will be..  

Asus - pg279q 27" 1440p Monitor

Nzxt 710 case

Asus Z490 Maximus xII hero wifi

Intel 10900k

G-Skill 3600mhz cl17 32gb (2x16gb)

Samsung pro evo-plus 1TB m.2 NVME

Samsung pro evo-plus 2TB m.2 NVME

4TB SSD sata - i have not decided on this yet but any thoughts on what to buy would be appreciated

2070 super - i have not decided on this yet but any thoughts on what to buy would be appreciated

Corsair 1600w axi - I only bought this as i found a very good deal on it (£380) i am aware its overkill to say the least but it gives me lots of headroom and the potential to last through future upgrades. lol

My planned uses for the build will be Music Production , light photo / video editing and of course gaming.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS !!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, captain-god87 said:
Hi guys !
I need help in choosing which 360mm AIO i should buy .

Any thoughts on this will be massively appreciated as it is my first build in over 10 years lol.
My specs will be..  

Intel 10900k

G-Skill 3600mhz cl17 32gb (2x16gb)

4TB SSD sata - i have not decided on this yet but any thoughts on what to buy would be appreciated

2070 super - i have not decided on this yet but any thoughts on what to buy would be appreciated

Corsair 1600w axi - I only bought this as i found a very good deal on it (£380) i am aware its overkill to say the least but it gives me lots of headroom and the potential to last through future upgrades. lol

My planned uses for the build will be Music Production , light photo / video editing and of course gaming.
THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS !!!!!!!!!

Have you seen the new ekwb drgb aios? If you really don't want a custom loop, that's your best bet (or an old ek predator). Drgb block and fans, and it's expandable and possible to maintain. Alphacool aios are even better, but they are not all that pretty, plain black everything. The arctic seems good, too, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to maintain. 

I wouldn't even consider anything other than these 3. Most aios have a limited life and use. You can't expand them or use the radiator in another build, or fix them (easily) if/when they clog up or the pump dies.

Any reason why you chose the 10900k over the 3900x?

That ram should be good with ryzen, too.

Since money doesn't seem to be an issue, I'd say don't look at anything other than Samsung Kingston or Intel. Just make sure there aren't any rgb leds on the thing.

Regarding the 2070, watch out for the diminishing returns. The expensive models are not 20% faster.. At that point you'd be better off with a "cheap" 2080s. If I was in the market for one, I think I'd just buy the cheapest 2-3 fan zotac, pny, palit, or gigabyte.

I have no idea what could utilize that psu. Maybe a multigpu threadripper build? Even 800 watts is pretty high for a modern system. At least it's gonna be silent i guess

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

15 hours ago, 00RaZoR11 said:

Have you seen the new ekwb drgb aios? If you really don't want a custom loop, that's your best bet (or an old ek predator). Drgb block and fans, and it's expandable and possible to maintain. Alphacool aios are even better, but they are not all that pretty, plain black everything. The arctic seems good, too, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to maintain. 

I wouldn't even consider anything other than these 3. Most aios have a limited life and use. You can't expand them or use the radiator in another build, or fix them (easily) if/when they clog up or the pump dies.

Any reason why you chose the 10900k over the 3900x?

That ram should be good with ryzen, too.

Since money doesn't seem to be an issue, I'd say don't look at anything other than Samsung Kingston or Intel. Just make sure there aren't any rgb leds on the thing.

Regarding the 2070, watch out for the diminishing returns. The expensive models are not 20% faster.. At that point you'd be better off with a "cheap" 2080s. If I was in the market for one, I think I'd just buy the cheapest 2-3 fan zotac, pny, palit, or gigabyte.

I have no idea what could utilize that psu. Maybe a multigpu threadripper build? Even 800 watts is pretty high for a modern system. At least it's gonna be silent i guess

Hey ! 

some really useful info there mate , thank you .

My main reason for going with intel is because it will primarily be a music production rig and most d.a.w's prefer higher clock speeds as well as when using vst plug ins and other musical software where latency for playback and performing is a major concern, ryzen suffers a little due to its chiplet design . I have to say i am stoked to be building again but feel a little disappointed not being able to check out ryzen especially with all the hype around it. Anyway i am happy enough with my choice given my wants for the rig.

Funny you should mention the EK aio as after posting this topic/question i watched a video from our all knowing tech jesus over at Gamers Nexus and seemed to fair pretty well so i'll keep an eye out for more reviews on it and probably go for it seeing as its not due to ship until the 30th of june which coincidentally is the same date as  when everywhere (at least in the uk) will be getting stock again of the 10900k.

in regards to the 2070 super , i think i may try and snag one from ebay for a good price , probably a gigabyte one as i like the look and there seems to be plenty on the site atm . I will be looking to upgrade to a 3000 anyhow as soon as they launch (so long as performance is good for the money) 

In regards to the psu , i fully know how ridiculous it is , i myself laugh as i walk past it at the moment but like i said i got it for a very good price and figured the same , it would run silent and in theory it being their flagship psu , last a good while..... Hell if the embarrassment gets too much i can always sell it and downgrade , i should at the very least break even on it so i'm not worried. lol 

Thanks again for the reply ma dude