Fan direction in AIO

Hi

I see some people on youtube putting fan backs to the radiator and others putting the fan front on the radiator ! which is correct or better ?

That's a long debate unfortunately.

depends what you want: dust or temperature performance

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

36 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

That's a long debate unfortunately.

depends what you want: dust or temperature performance

temperature of course I have 70C in gaming 

26 minutes ago, youngboy said:

At the end, the performance difference between then is so little, it doesn't really matter. It is an ongoing debate, but the performance difference is so little, it doesn't really matter. Now doing push AND pull will perform a lot better than just one, but that's expensive, so in either push or pull, the performance difference is so little, dont even care.If your case has good cooling, do pull, but if not, then go push. 

I have raidmax zeta case , 1 fan at the back, 1 fan in front for HDDs and 2 fans on the cpu radiator, top position. Currently the back is on the radiator so I am doing push ?

Thanks guys. Out of curiosity I will flip the fans and test the temps 

2 hours ago, Coolday said:

Hi

I see some people on youtube putting fan backs to the radiator and others putting the fan front on the radiator ! which is correct or better ?

Both are correct.

Having fans in 'pull' config makes it easier to clean as dust builds up on the exposed side of the rad.

But some prefer the aesthetic of them in 'push' config so u can see the fans (and RGB if they have it)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

11 hours ago, Coolday said:

Hi

in my experience a pull config is more noisy. The other difference is aesthetics, you can decide what you wanna see, the fans or the rad. Some people (like linus) use pull configs to make the radiator's front more accessible for cleaning. 

I'm not sure about this one, but based off how much gn steve complains about it, I assume using round-framed fans in pull is more effective cause they have pressure leaks around the corners. That would be eliminated in pull. Though it's probably only a few degrees of difference

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II