Last of Us 2 discussion

JZStudios
Just now, GreaseySleezy said:

All i know is I understand why people dont trust gaming websites anymore. It's almost like they never played the game or they played a different game.

A lot of them have a lot of games to review and little time, so they only play portions of the game. I'm not sure that was the case here. Even if you enjoyed the story, the game is not a 10. I think they just feared backlash.

#Muricaparrotgang

Ok, one thing I will give Naughty Dog credit for is the AI of the stalkers. 

those things are fucking terrifying. 

Ok, today I looked up a full story and ending explanation, as the game was just getting so fucking boring that I wouldn't play.

So spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

The whole fucking game makes no sense. I'll give my thoughts:

1. Why the fuck would Joel just casually give his full name to a group of strangers?

2. The game forces you to kill a dog and then guilt-shames you for that, where you cannot physically skip the encounter.

3. The whole moments of playing Abby are just boring and unenjoyable. They are trying to get you to try and see her side, but give you no reason to sympathise with her.

4. Finally, the whole ending is fucking stupid. Why would Ellie just randomly let abby go, after killing 1000s of people to get to her. 

I'm just compltetely disappointed in this game, and my opinion of naughty dog has been forever tainted.

2 hours ago, gloop said:

Ok, today I looked up a full story and ending explanation, as the game was just getting so fucking boring that I wouldn't play.

So spoilers ahead:

Hide contents

The whole fucking game makes no sense. I'll give my thoughts:

1. Why the fuck would Joel just casually give his full name to a group of strangers?

2. The game forces you to kill a dog and then guilt-shames you for that, where you cannot physically skip the encounter.

3. The whole moments of playing Abby are just boring and unenjoyable. They are trying to get you to try and see her side, but give you no reason to sympathise with her.

4. Finally, the whole ending is fucking stupid. Why would Ellie just randomly let abby go, after killing 1000s of people to get to her. 

I'm just compltetely disappointed in this game, and my opinion of naughty dog has been forever tainted.

Spoiler
  1. For plot to happen. What's dumber is Tommy inviting them to town to restock and resupply. Remember when Joel shows up at the dam in the first game and Maria almost shoots him?
  2. There's a few other forced combat scenarios, but the dog is the most blatant. The game also tries to guilt shame you with random NPCs calling out names of people you killed.
  3. Everyone in Abbys group sucks.
  4. Because revenge bad, empathy good. It's a very cliched story.

I also just want to point out how terrible the opening is. Joel dies within the first 2 hours, so if you think about it from the perspective of someone who hasn't played the first game, they have zero reason to really give a shit. It's also entirely based around sheer coincidence. It's just a story recap that didn't need to happen, dumb teen drama, "high" lesbo sex, kill Joel (Which new players don't give a shit about.) It's just really bad.

Other things you might not know;

1. The very pregnant woman doing active combat patrols.
  2. Abby's dad is a piece of shit and has killed people before for no actual cure advancement
  3. Based on reality, a cure is highly unlikely to even work against the fungus, and then they would need to be able to mass produce it and reliably transport it.
  4. Abby's dad is apparently the only surgeon in the world who could've (not) made a cure.
  5. Thus, Joel IS a villain that doomed all mankind. Fuck your ambiguous ending.
  6. Abby consistently leaves Ellie alive, which is fucking dumb, and means Abby consistently has the moral high ground.
  7. Ellie flashes back to "Fuck you Joel" right before she fights Abby, then flashes back to Joel sitting on a porch before letting her go.
  8. Abby has a melee move where she slams infected on their back and stomps their head completely off. This is straight Kratos from God of War 2018.
  9. Ellie kisses Dina and bites Abby. Neither one gets infected, so unless Ellie's body has straight killed the fungus, this is a huge plot hole.

#Muricaparrotgang

The first game was not all that great either so i am unsure of what people expected upon this release.

Pentium 4 670 4.6ghz . ASUS P5K3 . 4GB DDR2 1066 . Radeon HD 6990 . Corsair HX1000i

4 hours ago, Metal_HorseCrab said:

The first game was not all that great either so i am unsure of what people expected upon this release.

The first game had a consistent tone and a rather realistic take on a zombie apocalypse. Other than that it focused on 2 characters and the development between them. Basically the world building was quite good, and the few characters present were fully flushed out. It was basically a road trip story, sure, but it was well done. I would assume people expected a sequel to also have a consistent tone with well thought out characters and an equally thought out world. It didn't.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 6/30/2020 at 2:05 AM, JZStudios said:

The first game had a consistent tone and a rather realistic take on a zombie apocalypse. Other than that it focused on 2 characters and the development between them. Basically the world building was quite good, and the few characters present were fully flushed out. It was basically a road trip story, sure, but it was well done. I would assume people expected a sequel to also have a consistent tone with well thought out characters and an equally thought out world. It didn't.

BuT gAY!

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?