How prone are gaming laptops to hardware issues?

Hello..!

I have a 7 year old desktop and recently the gpu died.. I was thinking that since I’m not a heavyweight gamer, a gaming laptop would be enough and also bc I like that it is easy to move around, no cables, no big case, monitor, etc..

So I’d like to know how prone are these laptops to have hardware failures and is it a lot more complicated than on a desktop?

For a stationary laptop you will still want:

A mouse

A keyboard

The power adapter

A headset

Essentially you are saving on 2 cables the one connecting your monitor and the power for a monitor. I'd say just replace the failed gpu.

Also gaming on a gaming laptop is not really ergonomic

Seriously look at the reviews on just about any modern gaming laptop and you'll have your answer. My experience has been that they are extremely prone to failure. You really aren't going to be able to "work on it" short of maybe a ram upgrade or a storage upgrade.

You are still going to want everything you have for a tower if you hope to get a passable gaming experience. Monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset. They aren't really convenient. The overwhelming majority of gaming laptops neither game well or laptop well.

A new tower would probably be quite a lot cheaper than a gaming laptop performance/$.. and last a Lot longer.

5800X3D -30 CO | 7900 XT | 2x32Gb Vengeance @ 3600 | MSI X470 | Sabrent Rocket 512 | 2x1Tb Vulcan T-Force | Seasonic Focus GX-750 Gold

Dell S3220DGF - curved 32" 1440p 165Hz