Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
affanmunir1

is my overclock fine?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello guys?

 

Is my overclock fine? This is my first time overclock, using Z370-F and 8600k

I have not changed any setting, everything is default except these

 

AI Clocker Tuner = Disabled

CPU Core Ratio = Sync All Cores

1-6 Core Ratio Limit = 48

DRAM Frequency = 3200 Mhz

BLCK Aware Adaptive Voltage = Disabled

CPU Core/Cache Voltage = Manual, Value = 1.230

 

Stress tested with AIDA for an hour and Temps were 70-75. All other settings are default except the ones i mentioned. 

 

Kindly do let me know what changes should be made to settings (if any), temps are fine? My room temp is above 37 Celsius aswell.

 

I have tested my Processor with 5.2 ghz, 1.35 voltages and it was totally fine, but i am good with 4.8 ghz and 1.23 volt currently, let me know if i need to change voltage, it was running fine on 1.22 aswell, tell me if any changes should be made to bios settings or volts etc.

 

Thanks

 

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

It should be noted that Prima95 small fft test was going all the way to 90+ but AIDA seemed fine with 100% CPU usage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Keep it at 4.8. 1.22v or 1.23v should both be fine but try 1.22v first and see if it's 100% stable

1.22 is absolutely stable, are settings fine? I just changed the one i pointed out others are default settings. I was watching a youtube vid for overclocking and they changed loads of settings. I did only these. Just wondering if i could go even lower than 1.22 would it cause any issues or not, also would you recommend that?

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, affanmunir1 said:

1.22 is absolutely stable, are settings fine? I just changed the one i pointed out others are default settings. I was watching a youtube vid for overclocking and they changed loads of settings. I did only these.

 

Thanks

Looks good but I'm not an overclocking expert. If it's all stable, 1.22v is a safe voltage and you should be fine keeping your system at 4.8Ghz 1.22v

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Looks good but I'm not an overclocking expert. If it's all stable, 1.22v is a safe voltage and you should be fine keeping your system at 4.8Ghz 1.22v

Thankyou!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, affanmunir1 said:

It should be noted that Prima95 small fft test was going all the way to 90+ but AIDA seemed fine with 100% CPU usage.

Does it pass small FFT with a small increase in cpu v-core?

 

 


 

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

Does it pass small FFT with a small increase in cpu v-core?

 

 

Hello, what do you mean by pass? i saw many people were not recommending prima95 it was also putting alot of stress and my processor was going all the way to 90+ temp thats why i chose aida for stress testing and stopped using prima, in aida temps were 70-75.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, affanmunir1 said:

Hello, what do you mean by pass? i saw many people were not recommending prima95 it was also putting alot of stress and my processor was going all the way to 90+ temp thats why i chose aida for stress testing and stopped using prima, in aida temps were 70-75.

Prime95 inludes AVX instruction set. That is where the heat comes from and is a very useful tool, however not the tell all of stability as it should be worded imo.

 

OCCT is also very heavy.

 

90c is hot. As a member of the de-lidder's club, I can suggest to de-lid the cpu and replace the thermal paste. It will significantly lower your temps.


 

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Prime95 inludes AVX instruction set. That is where the heat comes from and is a very useful tool, however not the tell all of stability as it should be worded imo.

 

OCCT is also very heavy.

 

90c is hot. As a member of the de-lidder's club, I can suggest to de-lid the cpu and replace the thermal paste. It will significantly lower your temps.

Thankyou!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, affanmunir1 said:

Thankyou!

welcome. Nice clocks by the way. My 8700K needs 1.360v at 5ghz (with OC cache) but that and the Hyper Threading forces me to use that much voltage. 5.2ghz is a good accomplishment on ambient cooling.


 

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

welcome. Nice clocks by the way. My 8700K needs 1.360v at 5ghz (with OC cache) but that and the Hyper Threading forces me to use that much voltage. 5.2ghz is a good accomplishment on ambient cooling.

Thankyou sir. Just last question are my settings fine i mean the changes i made are fine? I was watching a youtube vid and that guy made loads of changes in bios settings. I only made these changes if you could relook the pics i have attached.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, affanmunir1 said:

Thankyou sir. Just last question are my settings fine i mean the changes i made are fine? I was watching a youtube vid and that guy made loads of changes in bios settings. I only made these changes if you could relook the pics i have attached.

Yes its a basic and straight forward overclock. Everything looks fine from my seat.

 

If you'd like additiinal performance, I might be able to help you.


 

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes its a basic and straight forward overclock. Everything looks fine from my seat.

 

If you'd like additiinal performance, I might be able to help you.

Thankyou so much for offering help but if these are fine then i think it'd be alright.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, affanmunir1 said:

Thankyou so much for offering help but if these are fine then i think it'd be alright.

Roger that! Offer stands, you know how to find me :)


 

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×