Looking for a new case

2 minutes ago, IC4 said:

So with rgb fans here’s how the connections work, you have the 4 pin pwm connector that plugs in to your motherboard (the splitter will let you connect multiple fans for one port to the motherboard at the cost of not being able to control them separately but instead as one unit) and then another cable for the rgb. The rgb is completely separate from the fan power. fans I’ve used before could daisy chain the rgb cables and then plug in the end of the cable to your motherboard. Completely negating the reason for a rgb controller because you can do EVERYTHING with your motherboard. Like @TheDailyProcrastinator said you need to find out if the rgb fans take a 12v rgb header or a 5v. Most likely the 12v but don’t count me on that. If it is a 5v rgb connection then you will need to use the included rgb controller and have less controls over your rainbows. But regardless it should work for you no matter what setup you have. Read the instructions and just google stuff you don’t understand but I hope I explained it good enough in here for you

To add to this. If you go and download the manual for this case it should answer the question to what header you need for rgb. @Damian026

Just now, IC4 said:

To add to this. If you go and download the manual for this case it should answer the question to what header you need for rgb. @Damian026

Oh does it say in there? I will check hold on.

1 minute ago, IC4 said:

Like @TheDailyProcrastinator said you need to find out if the rgb fans take a 12v rgb header or a 5v. Most likely the 12v but don’t count me on that. If it is a 5v rgb connection then you will need to use the included rgb controller and have less controls over your rainbows. But regardless it should work for you no matter what setup you have. Read the instructions and just google stuff you don’t understand but I hope I explained it good enough in here for you

Normally I would think 12V as well, but the fans are ARGB not RGB so if it needs an ARGB header it would not work unless the controller allows it to be used without a RGB/ARGB header, not familiar enough with this setup to say for sure, I only know the Corsair RGB products. 

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  A Dive Into Custom Keyboards & Mechanical Switches

NEWCOMERS Remember to ' Reply ' to comments in order for people to see them, this is done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

Blueberry Pi  R9 3950X  Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3200MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA P2 850W w/ Blue Sleeved Cables  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  2x Corsair Force MP510 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower  

Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync UW  Dell UltraSharp U3419W 60Hz IPS UW  Custom TOFU96  Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB 

Work Rig  ThreadRipper 3970X  Asus Prime TRX40 Pro ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 8x32GB 3200Mhz CL16  Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 24GB  Corsair HXi 1000W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO  8x Sabrent Rocket 2TB w/ 2x Asus Hyper m.2 V2   Arctic P12 Fans  Phanteks P400A ATX Mid Tower 

Plotting Machine 1  ThreadRipper 2990WX  AsRock X399 Taichi ATX  Kingston HyperX Fury 8x16GB 2666Mhz CL18   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RMx 850W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO ‖ 2x Sabrent Rocket 2TB & 2x Sabrent Rocket 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Arctic P12 Fans  Rosewill RSV-L4500 4U  5x Dell DS60 60-bay JBOD w/ 1.2PB of HDD Storage  HP 22U Half Rack

Plotting Machine 2  R9 3950X  Asus TUF X570-Plus Wi-Fi ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 4x16GB 3200Mhz CL16   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RM 650W  Noctua NH-D15s Chormax ‖ 4x Corsair MP600 Force 1TB W/ Asus Hyper m.2 Gen4  Arctic P14 & P12 Fans  Silverstone FARA R1 ATX Mid Tower

J.A.R.V.I.S.  R9 3900XT  Asus B550-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX 8GB  Corsair SF 750W Platinum  Corsair H100i Pro AIO  Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans  FormD T1 SFF ITX Case  

LG 75UM8070PUA 4K UHD 120Hz IPS HDR TV  Corsair K63 Cherry MX Red Special Edition Wireless  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless

Archive Server  R3 2200G  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 White  Vega Integrated Graphics  EVGA P2 750W  Prism Wraith Cooler  ITX Open Bench  2x HP SAS Expander  LSI-SAS9211  220TB of HDD Storage

SFF ITX Home PC  i5-7500  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 SFF ITX Case (Grey)  

Laptop  Dell XPS13 2-in-1 7390 (2020)  i7-1065G7  32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Keyboard Collection  GMMK Full Size  TOFU96 90%  ‖ KBD8x MKII TKL ‖ Drop CTRL High Profile TKL ‖ KBD Bella 75% ‖ GMMK Pro 75% ‖ XD84 Pro 75%  KBD67 V2 MKII 65%  KBD67Lite 65%  TOFU65 65%  KBD Blade 60%  Drop Carina 60%  Southpaw75 60% w/ Left Numpad  OLKB Preonic V3 Ortholinear ‖ CosPad XD24  ‖ KBDPad MKII

Key Cap Collection  GMK Boba Fett  GMK Red Samurai  GMK Laser CyberDeck +Novalties  GMK Arch  MaxKey B&W  Drop MT3 Camillo ‖ Matt3o MT3 /dev/tty  KBDfans Biip Torii Ext-2048  ePBT Less But Better +Novalties  EnjoyPBT Dolch  WinMix Mustard  Drop Skylight Horizon & Slate ‖ Glorious Black Aura   

Mechanical Key Switch Collection  Zealios V2 65g  Zealios V2 78g ‖ Zilents V2 67g  Tealios V2 67g  C³ Kiwi ‖ C³ Tangerine  Invyr Holy Panda  Durock T1 67g  Kailh Box Thick Jades ‖ Kailh Box Royal ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Dark Yellow ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Burnt Orange  Kailh Box White  Kailh Box Red  Kailh Pro Purple  Kailh Pro Burgandy  Gateron Ink Black V2  Gateron Black  Gateron Yellow  Gateron Brown  Gateron Green  Gateron Blue ‖ Cherry MX Black ‖ Cherry MX Brown ‖ Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, TheDailyProcrastinator said:

Normally I would think 12V as well, but the fans are ARGB not RGB so if it needs an ARGB header it would not work unless the controller allows it to be used without a RGB/ARGB header, not familiar enough with this setup to say for sure, I only know the Corsair RGB products. 

Yea actually now that I look at it you might be right. Problably worth checking but I thought you could connect the argb to a rgb header just not have the control of a addressable rgb fan but it’ll be treated like a normal rgb fan. I’m unsure though definitely worth reading the Manual

3 minutes ago, Damian026 said:

The manual mostly shows pictures and I cant really find any cable names in there, perhaps you see it? 

https://coolermaster.egnyte.com/dl/Hn8fKNSfDW/

If I remember, I will do some research when I get home from work. Check back later and maybe I’ll be able to give you the answer 

4 minutes ago, IC4 said:

If I remember, I will do some research when I get home from work. Check back later and maybe I’ll be able to give you the answer 

Alright thanks so much for your help!

19 minutes ago, TheDailyProcrastinator said:

Also thank you so much for your help!

Just now, Damian026 said:

Also thank you so much for your help!

No problem!

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  A Dive Into Custom Keyboards & Mechanical Switches

NEWCOMERS Remember to ' Reply ' to comments in order for people to see them, this is done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

Blueberry Pi  R9 3950X  Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3200MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA P2 850W w/ Blue Sleeved Cables  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  2x Corsair Force MP510 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower  

Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync UW  Dell UltraSharp U3419W 60Hz IPS UW  Custom TOFU96  Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB 

Work Rig  ThreadRipper 3970X  Asus Prime TRX40 Pro ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 8x32GB 3200Mhz CL16  Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 24GB  Corsair HXi 1000W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO  8x Sabrent Rocket 2TB w/ 2x Asus Hyper m.2 V2   Arctic P12 Fans  Phanteks P400A ATX Mid Tower 

Plotting Machine 1  ThreadRipper 2990WX  AsRock X399 Taichi ATX  Kingston HyperX Fury 8x16GB 2666Mhz CL18   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RMx 850W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO ‖ 2x Sabrent Rocket 2TB & 2x Sabrent Rocket 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Arctic P12 Fans  Rosewill RSV-L4500 4U  5x Dell DS60 60-bay JBOD w/ 1.2PB of HDD Storage  HP 22U Half Rack

Plotting Machine 2  R9 3950X  Asus TUF X570-Plus Wi-Fi ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 4x16GB 3200Mhz CL16   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RM 650W  Noctua NH-D15s Chormax ‖ 4x Corsair MP600 Force 1TB W/ Asus Hyper m.2 Gen4  Arctic P14 & P12 Fans  Silverstone FARA R1 ATX Mid Tower

J.A.R.V.I.S.  R9 3900XT  Asus B550-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX 8GB  Corsair SF 750W Platinum  Corsair H100i Pro AIO  Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans  FormD T1 SFF ITX Case  

LG 75UM8070PUA 4K UHD 120Hz IPS HDR TV  Corsair K63 Cherry MX Red Special Edition Wireless  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless

Archive Server  R3 2200G  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 White  Vega Integrated Graphics  EVGA P2 750W  Prism Wraith Cooler  ITX Open Bench  2x HP SAS Expander  LSI-SAS9211  220TB of HDD Storage

SFF ITX Home PC  i5-7500  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 SFF ITX Case (Grey)  

Laptop  Dell XPS13 2-in-1 7390 (2020)  i7-1065G7  32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Keyboard Collection  GMMK Full Size  TOFU96 90%  ‖ KBD8x MKII TKL ‖ Drop CTRL High Profile TKL ‖ KBD Bella 75% ‖ GMMK Pro 75% ‖ XD84 Pro 75%  KBD67 V2 MKII 65%  KBD67Lite 65%  TOFU65 65%  KBD Blade 60%  Drop Carina 60%  Southpaw75 60% w/ Left Numpad  OLKB Preonic V3 Ortholinear ‖ CosPad XD24  ‖ KBDPad MKII

Key Cap Collection  GMK Boba Fett  GMK Red Samurai  GMK Laser CyberDeck +Novalties  GMK Arch  MaxKey B&W  Drop MT3 Camillo ‖ Matt3o MT3 /dev/tty  KBDfans Biip Torii Ext-2048  ePBT Less But Better +Novalties  EnjoyPBT Dolch  WinMix Mustard  Drop Skylight Horizon & Slate ‖ Glorious Black Aura   

Mechanical Key Switch Collection  Zealios V2 65g  Zealios V2 78g ‖ Zilents V2 67g  Tealios V2 67g  C³ Kiwi ‖ C³ Tangerine  Invyr Holy Panda  Durock T1 67g  Kailh Box Thick Jades ‖ Kailh Box Royal ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Dark Yellow ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Burnt Orange  Kailh Box White  Kailh Box Red  Kailh Pro Purple  Kailh Pro Burgandy  Gateron Ink Black V2  Gateron Black  Gateron Yellow  Gateron Brown  Gateron Green  Gateron Blue ‖ Cherry MX Black ‖ Cherry MX Brown ‖ Cherry MX Red

Might be late, but the Coolermaster MB511 RGB is usually pretty inexpensive, comes with all 4 fans and will perform similar to the TD500 Mesh 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/QYzkcf/cooler-master-masterbox-mb511-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case-mcb-b511d-kgnn-rgb

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Might be late, but the Coolermaster MB511 RGB is usually pretty inexpensive, comes with all 4 fans and will perform similar to the TD500 Mesh 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/QYzkcf/cooler-master-masterbox-mb511-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case-mcb-b511d-kgnn-rgb

No you are not late lol, I'll take a look at it!

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

But are the fans ARGB or just normal RGB?

5 hours ago, Damian026 said:

Argb means it addressable rgb. Meaning you can put multiple colors in one fan and not just one tone through the whole fan (you can make swirly colors all at once) also dude I couldn’t find much on this case and I don’t know why. I ordered one for my girlfriend and it’s supposedly arriving Monday so If you haven’t made your decision yet then I will open it up and take some pics / explain what’s inside better

4 hours ago, IC4 said:

Argb means it addressable rgb. Meaning you can put multiple colors in one fan and not just one tone through the whole fan (you can make swirly colors all at once) also dude I couldn’t find much on this case and I don’t know why. I ordered one for my girlfriend and it’s supposedly arriving Monday so If you haven’t made your decision yet then I will open it up and take some pics / explain what’s inside better

Ah I see thank so much, I'll wait for that then!

12 hours ago, Damian026 said:

There is a recently released ARGB version, but most you'll find online (and the one I linked) are RGB

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, Damian026 said:

Ah I see thank so much, I'll wait for that then!

Alright I watched this video 

looks like it uses a 5v or you have to use the controller with set light settings 

3 hours ago, IC4 said:

Alright I watched this video 

looks like it uses a 5v or you have to use the controller with set light settings 

Ah well I guess the controller isn't that bad. Do you know how many fans can be connected to the controller? 

21 minutes ago, Damian026 said:

Ah well I guess the controller isn't that bad. Do you know how many fans can be connected to the controller? 

I didn’t watch the entire video but surely he must mention or show the controller in this, again when I get my case on Monday I’ll let u know 😛

52 minutes ago, IC4 said:

I didn’t watch the entire video but surely he must mention or show the controller in this, again when I get my case on Monday I’ll let u know 😛

Alright ill check and thanks so much!

On 6/18/2020 at 12:24 PM, Damian026 said:

Alright ill check and thanks so much!

Hey man, it’s a 5v rgb, haven’t made the build yet but the controller is meh, it has one button that changes the colors but it looks like if you hook up your reset switch to it (according to a picture in the manual) to switch from the pre existing colors on the built in controller (at the sacrifice of not having a reset switch, but who uses that anyways lol?) the power supply mesh cover is really shit if I’m being honest, the rest of the case seems to be pretty good build quality, here’s some pictures of the connector and controller so you can see lol hope this helps! I’ll send you a build picture of the lights if you’d like when I build in it next weekend and let you know on the experience !

37B9E051-84B0-497B-B86C-618A4B986C9D.jpeg

F66EB97B-A285-4644-B90E-E0FDBC862C1F.jpeg

9C7DF95E-96BF-4ADC-91EA-48B95E5BD94C.jpeg

10 hours ago, IC4 said:

Hey man, it’s a 5v rgb, haven’t made the build yet but the controller is meh, it has one button that changes the colors but it looks like if you hook up your reset switch to it (according to a picture in the manual) to switch from the pre existing colors on the built in controller (at the sacrifice of not having a reset switch, but who uses that anyways lol?) the power supply mesh cover is really shit if I’m being honest, the rest of the case seems to be pretty good build quality, here’s some pictures of the connector and controller so you can see lol hope this helps! I’ll send you a build picture of the lights if you’d like when I build in it next weekend and let you know on the experience !

Spoiler

37B9E051-84B0-497B-B86C-618A4B986C9D.jpegF66EB97B-A285-4644-B90E-E0FDBC862C1F.jpeg9C7DF95E-96BF-4ADC-91EA-48B95E5BD94C.jpeg

Oh yeah sure i'd like to see that. But im still a bit confused because how will you hook up 3 fans to 1 port on the controller. Are you supposed to use fan splitters for that? And would perhaps also be possible to hook the seperate fourth fan up to the controller?

6 hours ago, Damian026 said:

Oh yeah sure i'd like to see that. But im still a bit confused because how will you hook up 3 fans to 1 port on the controller. Are you supposed to use fan splitters for that? And would perhaps also be possible to hook the seperate fourth fan up to the controller?

They have a built in 3-1 fan splitter. The rear fan requires its own port, but you could just buy a fan splitter for all four to go into one port. 

14 minutes ago, IC4 said:

They have a built in 3-1 fan splitter. The rear fan requires its own port, but you could just buy a fan splitter for all four to go into one port. 

Ah thanks!

18 minutes ago, IC4 said:

So to be clear I need an 1 ARGB fan splitter to a 4 ARGB fan splitter? Because the port is ARGB

So would this one work for that?: https://www.amazon.nl/Cooler-Master-1-naar-3-splitterkabel-connector/dp/B07Z816DQ7/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?__mk_nl_NL=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=argb%2Bfan%2Bsplitter&qid=1592837928&sr=8-1-fkmr0&th=1