I need motivating.

old reece frost

I need motivation.

School has stressed me out to the point of me not caring anymore about anything anymore.

Classes I used to find fun now bore me, like my IT, I love using Flash but now I find my self putting it off until the last minute, I have become a meaner person to my friends and am constantly tired.

My sleep pattern is fucked, and no matter what I do, I can't change it.

I know that I am going to fail all my subjects when the exams come in June if I don't do anything about this, but changing isn't so simple.

I've tried going to after school classes and they don't help, I've tried revising at home and that doesn't help either.

tbh writing this thread has made me think more than school has these past few days.

Got any ideas on motivating me?

If fear of failure isn't motivating me, then I don't know what will...

Go to bed and take some vitamin D

If your sleep pattern is that messed up, just stay awake a whole night and then you'll sleep like a baby the next night

hang-in-there-cat.jpg

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I've got the same problems as you! School has stressed me out to a point that i just simply dont care anymore. I really want to graduate but i dont have the motivation at all...

Interested in Business and Technology

Go to bed and take some vitamin D

If your sleep pattern is that messed up, just stay awake a whole night and then you'll sleep like a baby the next night

Tried that, and I just wake up in the middle of the night ._.

Fear of failure is not a motivator good for any amount of time but the short term. Find something you want to do and do what you can to be the best at it. For me it is robotics and Counter Strike, for another person I know it is mathematics(no idea why but still), and for others I know it is writing. 

But of instead of neglecting your other duties you should do them in order to make time for this other hobby. It feels much better to do it the other way even if it is more tiring. That is the best advice I can give without knowing more about your life. The less info people have to work with the more vague their advice will be I am afraid.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Talk to a school counselor maybe?

EDIT :: Also take melatonin its a natural sleeping pill, all it does is raise the melatonin level in your body. 

Talk to a school counselor maybe?

^This

If it gets that bad, they can provide more/better/more relevant information than people on a tech thread.

Hope things work out for you, mate

CPU: i7-3820 | Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 | Mobo: Asus Sabretooth X79Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Storage: Crucial M500 240GB & 480GB SSD + Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB |

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti Superclocked | PSU: 1000W Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 | Monitors: 3 x AOC i2367Fh 23.0"

All hail the mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster. May he touch you with his noodely appendages

A lot of people say that but in my opinion it is the dumbest thing you can do with sleeping problems. If your sleeping pattern is messed up you just force yourself to sleep. It is hard but if you lay there for an hour without moving with lights off you will sleep. And if you are tired enough you will stay asleep. If not just don't get up until sunrise. I have had insomnia and sleeping problems for years before I just buckled down and forced myself to stay still and it worked. I have told another person I know to do this and their insomnia was "cured" too so I know this is not an isolated thing. I am sure your way works too if I am honest but it does more damage than good.

A lot of people say that but in my opinion it is the dumbest thing you can do with sleeping problems. If your sleeping pattern is messed up you just force yourself to sleep. It is hard but if you lay there for an hour without moving with lights off you will sleep. And if you are tired enough you will stay asleep. If not just don't get up until sunrise. I have had insomnia and sleeping problems for years before I just buckled down and forced myself to stay still and it worked. I have told another person I know to do this and their insomnia was "cured" too so I know this is not an isolated thing. I am sure your way works too if I am honest but it does more damage than good.

Honestly if you got major sleep problems , NOTHING works better than (Medicinal) Cannabis. I can speak out of experience.

Interested in Business and Technology

Tried that, and I just wake up in the middle of the night ._.

Aw. that's a shame

It has worked for me and few of my friends who had trouble sleeping, it's sometimes the only way I can get the pattern back on track

Sounds like typical teenage problems to me, the teenage body does not fall to sleep easily due to excess growth hormones and shit like that (not precise but you get the picture).  Make sure your diet is good, exercise more, exercise releases serotonin which helps your brain function and overcome basic motivation issues (which are linked to anxiety like issues).

And lastly if you cannot sleep try a very low dose of melatonin, I use it on my boys because they are insomniacs, it is very safe and will help with getting your sleep patterns good again.

http://www.worldwidelabs.com/index.php <-where to buy melatonin

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Sounds like typical teenage problems to me, the teenage body does not fall to sleep easily due to excess growth hormones and shit like that (not precise but you get the picture).  Make sure your diet is good, exercise more, exercise releases serotonin which helps your brain function and overcome basic motivation issues (which are linked to anxiety like issues).

And lastly if you cannot sleep try a very low dose of melatonin, I use it on my boys because they are insomniacs, it is very safe and will help with getting your sleep patterns good again.

<-where to buy melatonin

You are very correct. But to the OP be very conscious on how you take Melatonin(6mg is the max you should take in one night). The last thing you want to to be dependant on it but it is very helpful. But melatonin is no substitute to exercise and a good diet. I myself have trouble with the first but it helps a lot.

You are very correct. But to the OP be very conscious on how you take Melatonin(6mg is the max you should take in one night). The last thing you want to to be dependant on it but it is very helpful. But melatonin is no substitute to exercise and a good diet. I myself have trouble with the first but it helps a lot.

Yes, I probably should have clarified 1mg is all he'll need. However it is not an addictive drug, in fact it is quite subtle, there have been many clinical trials that show there is no overdose limit and no known side effects.

My youngest son is Autistic and doesn't naturally produce melatonin, he has 9mg a night. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Find Jesus. 

Someone actually posted that^ For "what should I do when I have STDs"

So Hilarious. 

But umm you have to realize that life is really hard sometimes and you just have to find something that you do enjoy. <-- If you dont have one i suggest becoming friends with a girl and nothing too serious or that can have the reverse effect. 

Yes, I probably should have clarified 1mg is all he'll need. However it is not an addictive drug, in fact it is quite subtle, there have been many clinical trials that show there is no overdose limit and no known side effects.

My youngest son is Autistic and doesn't naturally produce melatonin, he has 9mg a night.

jesus that sounds absolutely dreadful

I feel like getting violent enough already after pulling all nighters, but being in that mood regularly would suck.

^This

If it gets that bad, they can provide more/better/more relevant information than people on a tech thread.

Hope things work out for you, mate

Arguable. It's hit or miss, I know that staff at my old school were imbeciles.

Error: 410

jesus that sounds absolutely dreadful

you have no idea, when it's bad it's really bad, but when we have a good patch he is absolutely amazing and makes me so proud.

There are no side affects but you can become dependent on it which is not good.

Listen to some music, have a chill, and smoke some weed...wait no, not the last one. If schools being a bitch, just take some time to do things you like...works for me most of the time

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones