How do i boot into my new ssd

BurntNewt
Go to solution Solved by BobVonBob,

Did you move the new instance of Windows Boot Manager to the front of the boot order or just the new drive? To boot into Windows you need to put the Windows Boot Manager entry at the front of your boot list, not the drive.

I cloned my boot drive an put it on an ssd but now I’m in my bios and it wont let me boot into it and i changed the boot priority too but it keeps putting me onto the hard drive. I have a msi z370 tomahawk MOBO, should I unplug the hard drive altogether then reboot???

7 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

I cloned my boot drive an put it on an ssd but now I’m in my bios and it wont let me boot into it and i changed the boot priority too but it keeps putting me onto the hard drive. I have a msi z370 tomahawk MOBO, should I unplug the hard drive altogether then reboot???

Just find out what key lets you choose the boot device, then select your SSD

5 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

You can do that, or look up the key that you need to hit to manually select the boot device.

Do you mean the boot menu? I would press f11 but when i do nothing happens

Did you move the new instance of Windows Boot Manager to the front of the boot order or just the new drive? To boot into Windows you need to put the Windows Boot Manager entry at the front of your boot list, not the drive.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 minute ago, BobVonBob said:

How would i tell the difference between the ssd and the hdds

Just now, BurntNewt said:

How would i tell the difference between the ssd and the hdds

The windows boot manager for the ssd is in the first slot