Windows 10 not installing

Ben a cava
Just now, Ben a cava said:

There’s only 1 I think, there’s no drive 0 partion 2,3,4 only 1

61420015899__E2BF58E6-C77E-4777-AAAD-4F72C55FBA17.MOV 360.31 kB · 0 downloads

Dude, it's not that hard. Select the one at the top of the list, click delete. Select the next one, click delete. Do that until there is just one option on the list. Then select that one option and click install/next.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

No it's not. You have to select each partition, click delete, then install to unallocated space.

No, those are another disk. Drive 0 is raw.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Dude, it's not that hard. Select the one at the top of the list, click delete. Select the next one, click delete. Do that until there is just one option on the list. Then select that one option and click install/next.

I’m not deleted the other ones as they have all my data on them, my other pc won’t download windows so I removed the ssd and I’m doing it on this pc @kelvinhall05 also I pressed deleted at the one on the top and it still didn’t work 

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.2Ghz 

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC 

RAM: Team Vulcan DDR4 16GB (2x8GB)

GPU: Zoatac Gtx 1070 8GB 

Case: CoolerMaster Masterbox Lite 5 RGB

Storage: 2TB Toshiba HDD, 120GB WD Green SSD 

PSUGigabyte P650B 

You're telling OP to format other drives that might contain their important information, please stop.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

No, those are another disk. Drive 0 is raw.

Does "primary" not mean there is still data on that disk? Last time I installed Windows that's the way it was.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

You're telling OP to format other drives that might contain their important information, please stop.

OP never stated that he wanted to keep that information until a few seconds before you commented this.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Ben a cava said:

I’m not deleted the other ones as they have all my data on them, my other pc won’t download windows so I removed the ssd and I’m doing it on this pc @kelvinhall05 also I pressed deleted at the one on the top and it still didn’t work 

What do you mean your other PC won't download Windows? How did it "not work"?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

OP never stated that he wanted to keep that information until a few seconds before you commented this.

They shouldn't have to, it was obvious from the picture they were different drives.

They shouldn't have to, it was obvious from the picture they were different drives.

His second drive appears to still have Windows on it which will fuck with this install. OP should at least unplug that drive before he goes installing to another one.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

His second drive appears to still have Windows on it which will fuck with this install. OP should at least unplug that drive before he goes installing to another one.

No it wont, it will simply create a dual boot.

No it wont, it will simply create a dual boot.

Last time I tried to install Windows on a second drive in a PC with another OS already installed on another drive it wiped the bootloader from that original drive and I couldn't boot into that OS. I had to set up a live Linux USB on my laptop, boot from that, and rebuild grub to get it to work again.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, Ben a cava said:

Please try the folllowing

First unplug your other HDD (this is so Windows doesn't create a dual boot and put the boot files on the wrong drive)

Run setup then  while on the device format screen press Shift & F10, type diskpart and hit enter, type select disk 0 and hit enter, type clean and hit enter, type exit then close the command prompt and finally select the drive in the and click next. Do not manually partition or format anything, just click next.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Please try the folllowing

First unplug your other HDD (this is so Windows doesn't create a dual boot and put the boot files on the wrong drive)

Run setup then  while on the device format screen press Shift & F10, type diskpart and hit enter, type select disk 0 and hit enter, type clean and hit enter, type exit then close the command prompt and finally select the drive in the and click next. Do not manually partition or format anything, just click next.

This worked thank you !!

PSUGigabyte P650B 

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Last time I tried to install Windows on a second drive in a PC with another OS already installed on another drive it wiped the bootloader from that original drive and I couldn't boot into that OS. I had to set up a live Linux USB on my laptop, boot from that, and rebuild grub to get it to work again.

OP is not installing alongside Linux though. For future reference if you want to dual boot Windows & Linux always install Windows first as it does like to erase bootloaders but in this case it would just add a new option to the existing bootloader (though it would also leave the new install unbootable in another machine).

15 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I would do two things to make sure it goes fine:

1) Unplug the second drive. I've seen windows install random crap on other drives. It's not consistent but it's still there in Win 10 so better to be safe.

2) Delete the partition on Disk 0 and try again

This worked thank you !!

PSUGigabyte P650B 

Just now, Ben a cava said:

This worked thank you !!

Just a warning, if you didn't unplug the other drive first then its highly likely the install won't be bootable once you move it to another PC.

19 minutes ago, Ben a cava said:

I have, that’s the only partition @TofuHaroto

Yes but you still have to delete it, and select the free space that will show afterwards.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 6/18/2020 at 2:09 AM, Ben a cava said:

I get no signal when I plug the usb into the mobo .... only the gpu

I'm assuming you mean the HDMI/display/VGA cable not USB?

I would format the new drive in an existing PC and create the partitions windows would normally create by following one of the many online tutorials. Format the USB you are using, download the ISO file from another source (other than the windows media creation tool) and use RUFUS or BalenaEtcher to write the ISO file to the USB and make it bootable.

Another thing to try is maybe attempt installing a 64 bit Linux OS and see if you get a similar issue, it could be damaged or defective hardware?

On 6/18/2020 at 2:09 AM, Ben a cava said:

I get no signal when I plug the usb into the mobo .... only the gpu

I actually just realised the 3100 doesn't have integrated graphics, as with most of the Ryzen chips. That my bad XD

I seriously would like to know if your system runs a Linux OS with no issues...

I see it has been mentioned before in another thread that has now been linked. It would be a good indicator.