Need Help/Advice for my network

Hi all!  I need some advice on my home network setup. 

Currently setup this way:

Cable modem ->Cisco VPN router for IP video phone (wife's work stuff)->Apple Airport Extreme router (setup in bridged mode as I was getting Double NAT issues; Airport Extreme provides the wireless in the house)

All of this stuff is in the top floor of the house where my wife's office is.  Problem is that my computer is in the basement connecting on wifi (which is totally crap in terms of signal strength).  The other big issue is that everything is going through my wife's company VPN which I don't want to do.

My thoughts were as follows:

Cable modem -> Trendnet 5 port switch and then connect the Cicso router and the Apple Airport Extreme to the switch.  Then get this Trendnet Powerline Gigabit adapter and also connect it to the switch and then the matching adapter to my computer all using Cat 6 cable.

The switch is a simple one and apparently has auto MDix switching capability which allows down or up in either of the 5 ports.  

Will this work to keep my wife's stuff separate from my personal stuff and essentially split the internet signal coming into the house?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

nope, will not work. The cable modem will only assign one ip address (usually multiple external ip's is a premium feature from isps that has to be paid for) and that would not allow the switch to function properly.

You could try Cable router to Airport to all other things.

What Adnanklink. Unless you purchase more than one public IP youre not going to be able to work. Plus that would not be a great setup either because your personal computer would then be on a public network with a public address. Not good in terms of security.

What you could look into doing is if you have an old computer lying around is setting up pfsense onto it then you can set up multiple network segments and have your wifes network on one and yours on the other. The pfsense box after you set it up will do all the nat translations for you. You may just have to forward the vpn traffic over to her network.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Thanks for the replies. I tried going from modem to apple router then to Cisco box but it didn't work. Apple router wasn't playing nice. Seems like Cisco router needs to be first. I'll look into the separate computer idea. If there is anything else you can think of that is relatively inexpensive please let me know.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Instead of doing a whole network VPN, why not just configure her computer to go over the VPN? (computer makes the connection vs. router)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Blade of grass. I would love to do that but we have had numerous fights about it and she wants her stuff left alone. Fair enough. I just don't want my network and internet traffic to go through her VPN Cisco router which it currently is.

I'm trying to bypass the whole network VPN by putting the switch ahead of it. But I need to figure out how to do this somehow

so a quick update:

I called Shaw (my ISP) and they are going to be sending me a new modem with wifi and 4 ports.  It is a Cisco router built in.  They are disabling the wifi and shipping it in bridged mode.  They are also going to be giving me a second IP address for free.  So if I understand what the tech said:  new modem - pre-configured in bridged mode with only 2 ports enabled, each will have their own IP address.  

I would then plug the Cisco VPN router to 1 port and the Apple Airport Extreme to the 2nd port.  He was convinced that this would solve my problem. 

I was hoping to verify with you guys.

thanks!