Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mod960

Efi shell 2.31 screen

Posted · Original PosterOP

A few days ago I booted my PC as normal and it wouldn't load in it would just re direct me to edit she'll version 2.31 screen. I had access to the BIOS and everything seemed fine. I searched online and I found out It had something to do with my storage so I bought new sata cabels and wired them jn. Still it would show that screen. I changed the data ports but nothing changed. I did more research and everyone seems to agree that it's a power issue. So I bought a new psu and still no difference. I even removed some memory as a desperate attempt to solve this and no change either. I have no clue what I should do and I just bought a brand new psu as well. 

Specs :

msi z97a gaming motherboard

gtx 970

i7 4790k

16gb hyper x fury ram 

750watt Asus strix psu

1tb wdb

2 tb wdg

256gb crucial mx ssd

What OS were you running? Can you take a picture of the shell? It's possible your drive took a shit.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE

i use arch btw

Windows 10 64bit 

I tried running it multiple times removing 1 drive at a time including my ssd which has my os. 

15923156064776250287223176989505.jpg

I tried using a brand new ssd to boot up a new os with a USB key and my bios became static and frozen. Could this problem be possibly related to motherboard failure?

On 6/16/2020 at 4:49 PM, kelvinhall05 said:

What OS were you running? Can you take a picture of the shell? It's possible your drive took a shit.

Any ideas?