Efi shell 2.31 screen

mod960

A few days ago I booted my PC as normal and it wouldn't load in it would just re direct me to edit she'll version 2.31 screen. I had access to the BIOS and everything seemed fine. I searched online and I found out It had something to do with my storage so I bought new sata cabels and wired them jn. Still it would show that screen. I changed the data ports but nothing changed. I did more research and everyone seems to agree that it's a power issue. So I bought a new psu and still no difference. I even removed some memory as a desperate attempt to solve this and no change either. I have no clue what I should do and I just bought a brand new psu as well. 

Specs :

msi z97a gaming motherboard

gtx 970

i7 4790k

16gb hyper x fury ram 

750watt Asus strix psu

1tb wdb

2 tb wdg

256gb crucial mx ssd

What OS were you running? Can you take a picture of the shell? It's possible your drive took a shit.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Windows 10 64bit 

I tried running it multiple times removing 1 drive at a time including my ssd which has my os. 

15923156064776250287223176989505.jpg

I tried using a brand new ssd to boot up a new os with a USB key and my bios became static and frozen. Could this problem be possibly related to motherboard failure?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 4:49 PM, kelvinhall05 said:

What OS were you running? Can you take a picture of the shell? It's possible your drive took a shit.

Any ideas?