Computer won’t go to sleep after windows update

BurntNewt
Go to solution Solved by BurntNewt,
7 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

It said that no issues were found is there anything else to try? 

I just did the command powercfg /requests and it said the rainway app was stopping my pc from sleeping so i closed it in task manager and i let my computer go to sleep finally. i guess it has some way to prevent the pc from sleeping and locking, i downloaded it the same time right before windows updated. so i figured windows caused the issue but it was a third party app. 

Windows updated itself to version 2004 and ever since my computer is refusing to go to sleep. When I click the sleep button all it does is turn my monitors off where as it used to turn my computer fans and lights off. It also doesn’t lock my computer anymore when I put it to sleep and makes it so a tap on my space bar wakes it whereas before I had to hit the power button to wake it. Is there anyway to fix this??

Might be a power and sleep settings issue. I have actually been having issues with putting my pc to sleep too. Mine just turns the screen off for a couple seconds then turns them back on and leaves everything running (so sleep button does nothing for me).

I had similar issues before. I went with the nuclear option to just re-install windows (which fixed the issue). But, a simpler solution could be to run the following command in elevated cmd:

sfc /scannow

19 minutes ago, Saksham said:

I had similar issues before. I went with the nuclear option to just re-install windows (which fixed the issue). But, a simpler solution could be to run the following command in elevated cmd:

sfc /scannow

How do I open an elevated cmd? 

1 hour ago, Saksham said:

sfc /scannow

7 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

I just did the command powercfg /requests and it said the rainway app was stopping my pc from sleeping so i closed it in task manager and i let my computer go to sleep finally. i guess it has some way to prevent the pc from sleeping and locking, i downloaded it the same time right before windows updated. so i figured windows caused the issue but it was a third party app.