Blue screen when trying to install windows 10

Rayan21

Hi guys, I need some help.

Basically I have a dell dimension e520 I’m trying to install windows 10 64 bit from windows 8.1 32 bit and I put a ssd in it and I have the windows 10 usb which is fully functional and it loads with the windows 10 sign then goes blue screen it is fully compatible but I’ve tried to but my ssd in achi and tried to but legacy mode for it to run but i can’t find it in the bios.

Thank you, will really appreciate a reply.

first you must turn on AHCI.

second, please write the error code in the blue screen, that way we can mitigate the problem.

do you run the installer from a usb or a migration program?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

first you must turn on AHCI.

second, please write the error code in the blue screen, that way we can mitigate the problem.

do you run the installer from a usb or a migration program?

Yes I have a usb but I can’t find achi in bios also there is no error code on the blue screen just plain 

I think  you can try 32bit installers first.

If you can't find ahci option  maybe it's already enabled.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

18 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

I think  you can try 32bit installers first.

If you can't find ahci option  maybe it's already enabled.

If it was enabled there would be an option for legacy the thing is 64 bit compatible so there should be no reason it can’t boot 

what legacy are you talking about? UEFI vs legacy? if yes you should choose non legacy boot.

48 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

what legacy are you talking about? UEFI vs legacy? if yes you should choose non legacy boot.

The guy probably just has to turn on non legacy boot but he can’t find it in his bios. I’ve came across this issue before and it’s a struggle to deal with especially with older bioses

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yes we are trying to turn it off