Custom Mod | Micro USB / USB Flash Drive ( DIY )

Hello Guys

I made this USB/ Micro USB flash Drive. Works Perfectly. Watch the video. Tell me if you guy want me to make a Video of how to make it. 

Do it your self: 

Pin IN:

usb-pinout-diagram.gif
usb-pinout_0.png

Can you explain to me a situation where this will be practical?

great mod btw. ^^

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Can you explain to me a situation where this will be practical?

great mod btw. ^^

where it takes 20 minutes to copy a movie to your phone because of the MTP connection(not every device connects using MTP.) while it takes 5 minutes to copy it to your usb flash drive

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

where it takes 20 minutes to copy a movie to your phone because of the MTP connection(not every device connects using MTP.) while it takes 5 minutes to copy it to your usb flash drive

Its pretty fast i Copied a 600Mb movie and took nearly exact time as copy from a PC to Flash Drive

This is a DIY Corsair Voyager made from a cheap flash drive. Nice DIY, I may give this DIY a go some day when I am bored. 

Link to the Voyager that I am talking about: http://products.ncix.com/detail/corsair-flash-voyager-go-16gb-f7-93560.htm

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

Def. wanna build this ! ( and probably sleeve it ) please do a tutorial :)

Amazing DIY! Please help us to make one to.

Thanks to share.

Or... Use something like that ?

seeing it only costs around 1 pound/dollar/euro, you are cheaper to buy this than to make it yourself (if you count in workhours) , but then you can't be cooler than your friends

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

I would think that would work... But the mod is cool nonetheless

• Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
  • I7 3770K @ Stock
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
  • AMD Radeon R9 290
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212+
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
  • 2x 1tb WD Green Drives (RAID 1)
  • 256gb Samsung 840
  • Peripherals
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core
  • Ducky Shine 3 - Blue LED, Brown Switches
  • Samsung SyncMaster 2443
  • Custom Mousepad http://imgur.com/xJWASQM
  • Logitech G35
  • Altec Lansing Octane 7

As i think about it, it can't be that hard, just take the usb stick you wish to mod, grab a micro-usb cable, strip the cable and wires, google for "usb pinout", solder the correct wires from the cable to the correct pins on your usb stick ( vcc/5V on the cable to vcc/5V on the flash drive, ground to ground, signal+ to signal+ , signal- to signal- ). DoubleCheck your wiring (you dont want to risk your phone and/or pc). If you don't feel right about this, you might not want to try this ;)

note: please don't try to connect a pc and smartphone at the same time to the flash drive

note2: your smartphone must support usb OTG (usb On The Go)

( I'm not responsible for any damage you have make )

Edited by darkspeedy26

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

As i think about it, it can't be that hard, just take the usb stick you wish to mod, grab a micro-usb cable, strip the cable and wires, google for "usb pinout", solder the correct wires from the cable to the correct pins on your usb stick ( vcc/5V on the cable to vcc/5V on the flash drive, ground to ground, signal+ to signal+ , signal- to signal- ). DoubleCheck your wiring (you dont want to risk your phone and/or pc). If you don't feel right about this, you might not want to try this ;)

note: please don't try to connect a pc and smartphone at the same time to the flash drive

I wanted to make a Tut for it. In a simple way. I understand what you are saying. But most people would not understand it. BTW for OTG the PinIn is different then USB data transfer from the phone to PC. 

I wanted to make a Tut for it. In a simple way. I understand what you are saying. But most people would not understand it. BTW for OTG the PinIn is different then USB data transfer from the phone to PC. 

oh, you could be right... well i guess you could then search for "pinout usb otg". i know i am not verry good at explaining things. Also, as i am studying for elektro-technics this all seems obvious to me, so excuse me if i was a bit unclear ;)

I think it would be a lot better to just modify a cable. Like this samsung USB OTG Cable: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/ET-R205UBEGSTA

So you can hotswap USB flash drives, or any USB Device for that matter, without desoldering wires and taking your cable apart. I'm sure you can get that USB connector some where for very cheap, and solder it on the USB Data Cable for your phone.

Actually, I might try it. If I can find that USB Connector, ill buy another USB Data Cable for my S4, strip it, solder the connector onto the other end, sleeve it, and it should work fine.

All I need to find (other then the USB Connector), is the USB OTG Wiring Diagram. If I can find that, then ill order the other parts for the cable today. lol. I like doing projects like this, that require soldering. I need to use my Hakko soldering station more often anyway. 

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

Its pretty fast i Copied a 600Mb movie and took nearly exact time as copy from a PC to Flash Drive

Varies by device.

MTP transfer speeds are awful on the Galaxy Nexus for example.

"Rawr XD"

Varies by device.

MTP transfer speeds are awful on the Galaxy Nexus for example.

You are quite right mine is pretty good i can't complain. I pretty mush had no problem watching a movie while copying a few MB file from OTG Flash to my phone at same time watching a movie from phone.

Hello Guys

I made this USB/ Micro USB flash Drive. Works Perfectly. Watch the video. Tell me if you guy want me to make a Video of how to make it. 

now ou can hollow aut a couple pieces of legos to make a case for it.

Nothing to see here, move along

Why not just make normal USB female -> micro USB reduction and you can use it for every USB flash drive or anything you desire? It could be done nicely with cables in some small box.

Why not just make normal USB female -> micro USB reduction and you can use it for every USB flash drive or anything you desire? It could be done nicely with cables in some small b

i had the same thougt bu i have now been in every store im my area and the are simply not avalible. 

sorry for my bad english

• 2 weeks later...

Why not just make normal USB female -> micro USB reduction and you can use it for every USB flash drive or anything you desire? It could be done nicely with cables in some small box.

I  made video instruction on how to make this

Hello

I made video about it. In the same post i edited. Or you can visit my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/DIYmoder

Duh i just bought microUSB->USB female for like 1.20EUR, so screw making my own. :D

So far it worked for: mouse, keyboard, USB flash, so yeah pretty much 0 efford :D

• 5 weeks later...

Duh i just bought microUSB->USB female for like 1.20EUR, so screw making my own. :D

So far it worked for: mouse, keyboard, USB flash, so yeah pretty much 0 efford :D

But will learn something. When you make your own. I made my own custom PC first i thought screw making my own why not get a pre-made one. Custom cost less and you learn making your own PC and its fun. :D