Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Berkomeister

Can we get a recommended build forum?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Something like the "Modest AMD builds" in pcpartpicker. So that people will find builds that fit their budget faster.

Main Build

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770    Motherboard:MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751)    GPU:Palit JetStream NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

RAM:Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ x2 + Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ x2    Case:AeroCool LS-5200 Black    PSU:AeroCool KCAS 600W    Cooling:Akasa K32

Storage:Galax Gamer TA1D0240A 240GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016)-TRL 217 + Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3240G 240GB SSD + Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 750 GB 

Display:Acer KG221Q    Keyboard:Ozone StrikeBattle TenKeyless    Mouse:Razer DeathAdder Elite + Logitech G403    Sound:Logitech G35 + Logitech Z506

Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Laptop:Monster MS-1762  

CPU:Intel Core i7-3630QM    GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX    Motherboard:MS-1762    RAM:Kingston 2x8GB DDR3 800MHZ Storage:Kingston HyperX 3K 240 GB SSD+ Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 750 GB    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Backup Build

CPU:Intel Core 2 DUO E6300    Motherboard:GA-G31M-E2SL GPU:NVIDIA GT640    RAM:Hi-Level 2x4GB DDR2 800MHZ    Storage:Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB 

Case:FRISBY FC-S6040B    PSU:FOEM 300W    Cooling:Akasa K32     Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 32-bit

Don't talk to me if your RGB luminates your room better than your light bulbs

Everyone's needs, budget, and hardware availability will be different so there's no perfect PC build(s) to cover all basis. Most people when they post on the forum already have a general idea what they want and just want help refining their parts list, finding cheaper or better parts than what they've already picked, or need help picking the last few components to go with the rest.

For general ideas and inspiration for a build watch build videos from popular tech youtubers like LinusTechTips, Bitwit, Paul's Hardware, and so on. You can also look at other builds people are making in the New Builds & Planning section on the forums to get ideas for your own build.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

Everyone's needs, budget, and hardware availability will be different so there's no perfect PC build(s) to cover all basis. Most people when they post on the forum already have a general idea what they want and just want help refining their parts list, finding cheaper or better parts than what they've already picked, or need help picking the last few components to go with the rest.

For general ideas and inspiration for a build watch build videos from popular tech youtubers like LinusTechTips, Bitwit, Paul's Hardware, and so on. You can also look at other builds people are making in the New Builds & Planning section on the forums to get ideas for your own build.

Also the fact that, lets be real, nobody would actually read the recommended builds even if they happened to be perfect for their use case. So it's completely pointless to do.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE

i use arch btw

People didn’t even read the pinned thread at the top with the questions for their post so they are hardly going to go and read through every single build.

Remember to QUOTE (Arrow in the bottom left of the post) or TAG (@gloop) for me to see your reply

Helpful Links: Community Standards PSU Tier List 4.0 / AMD Motherboard Tier List

Nebula - 2020 Build

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz - CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism - Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16) @ 2933Mhz CL16 - Storage: Crucial MX500 M.2 Sata SSD (2TB 2.5inch SSD COMING SOON) - GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700XT Gaming OC Undervolted w/ Custom Fan Curve - PSU: Corsair RM550x - Case: NZXT H510 Matte Black - Case Fans: 2x NZXT F12 (1x Front Intake / 1x Back Exhaust) - Keyboard: Logitech Wireless Membrane Keyboard (UPGRADE PENDING) - Mouse: Logitech Wireless Mouse (UPGRADE PENDING) - Mousepad: HyperX FuryS XL - Displays: 2x Acer KG281K (4K, 60HZ, TN) - Headset: Sony Platinum Wireless Headset - Mic: Inbuilt Headset Mic (UPGRADE PENDING) - Consoles: PS4 Pro Jet Black (CUH-7115B) - Phone: iPhone X Space Grey (256GB) - Watch: Apple Watch Series 2 (42mm) - Earphones: Airpods Pros

3 hours ago, gloop said:

People didn’t even read the pinned thread at the top with the questions for their post so they are hardly going to go and read through every single build.

Or read manuals, or search before posting. I'm in a point where I will point out how easily the facts are to find if questions are obvious.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 6/15/2020 at 11:41 AM, Spotty said:

On 6/15/2020 at 10:49 AM, Berkomeister said:

Something like the "Modest AMD builds" in pcpartpicker. So that people will find builds that fit their budget faster.

It it a great idea to have something like this, but I agree with Spotty, as there are million of combinations in builds, and many different budgets and use cases, so it would be hard to make something like this. There is a per 100 dollar budget, uses cases are gaming, creative work, or business and office, and just about every build will feature a ryzen processor, so it is a great idea, but due to a large number of use cases and budget combos, it would be hard. Also, storage and cases are very subjective matters, so that makes it even harder. 

9 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Also the fact that, lets be real, nobody would actually read the recommended builds even if they happened to be perfect for their use case. So it's completely pointless to do.

If the point was to just give everyone a list of a cookie-cutter build that thousands of individuals could do and they would all just be perfect for everyone, I would just tell you to save the headache and buy a pre-built. 

To OP:

The entire reason people build computers as opposed to buying them is because they are doing something specific with their computer, and can save money by building it themselves. Individualized approaches to a persons PC build will always be needed.

i love the idea, but what about the trolls that will give people bad parts lists, i remember running into that stuff on reddit not long ago

34 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

If the point was to just give everyone a list of a cookie-cutter build that thousands of individuals could do and they would all just be perfect for everyone, I would just tell you to save the headache and buy a pre-built. 

To OP:

The entire reason people build computers as opposed to buying them is because they are doing something specific with their computer, and can save money by building it themselves. Individualized approaches to a persons PC build will always be needed.

Ok here is the thing - there are many different use cases (business, creative, gaming) and may different budgets (700, 500, 2000,) and cases and storage are very subjective matters, so for those reasons, it would be tons of work to create something like this, although this is a good idea

1 hour ago, Johnny-Boi said:

i love the idea, but what about the trolls that will give people bad parts lists, i remember running into that stuff on reddit not long ago

This isn't reddit. Moderators here do a great job of upholding community standards. Years ago I started an actual troll thread for really stupid Pc builds, and the mods locked it because they thought someone on the forum might take it seriously. 

The fact you compare the LTT forum to reddit in any way beyond having threads is slightly offensive.