MMORPG Recomendations?

Video Beagle
10 hours ago, TheProf said:

Maybe you'll like fallout 76? They've introduced a new patch that adds a bunch of NPCs that changes the game quite a bit.

How is it for group play..like as a constant adventuring group rather than radom pick ups?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

Wait... Why not Divinity: Original sin 2? Its not mmo, but it's a very good story driven game with 4 man Co op, tactical rpg, very reminiscing of a pnp rpg game. In fact it has a DM mode If you want some juicy dungeon and dragon experience. 

Charming music, good voice acting, fun humour And totally worth replaying. 

Also has mod support if you want to add more stuff for that second go.p

My experience with Destiny 2:

There was a story but I have no clue what happened after they came over to steam. 

I never finished the story I followed before and last time I played I didn't even start where I left off, nor an indication on where to go next. All I saw was a bunch of random events on the map. 

My experience with Fallout 76:

The story is not as engaging as the older games, in fact it's mostly random audio logs here and there telling you to do something. 

The new update/expansion added npc that isn't just some robot. These makes thing more interesting but they are few. 

The game has open world pvp so someone can just shoot you if they so wish, but you can see them on the world map. 

Also, alot of bugs... Still. This game I swear... 

Guild wars 2

world of Warcraft (classic, modern, private servers... there’s a lot of content.) 

black desert online (very “grindy”)

Rust (play on a weekly wipe & just play for the Sunday. Get from zero to hero. Wipes happen on Thursdays.) 

i knew some Korean and Asian MMO that were like world of Warcraft & were free but I forgot what they’re called. 

Not MMO but dungeon games that might be up your alley. 

Diablo 3

borderlands

Other potential games:

minecraft

terraria

castle miner Z (needs the Z)

4 minutes ago, fpo said:

Guild wars 2

world of Warcraft (classic, modern, private servers... there’s a lot of content.) 

black desert online (very “grindy”)

Rust (play on a weekly wipe & just play for the Sunday. Get from zero to hero. Wipes happen on Thursdays.) 

i knew some Korean and Asian MMO that were like world of Warcraft & were free but I forgot what they’re called. 

Not MMO but dungeon games that might be up your alley. 

Diablo 3

borderlands

Other potential games:

minecraft

terraria

castle miner Z (needs the Z)

Uh, Rust is not an rpg and its full on Pvp. 

Same with Minecraft unless you mod or something. Terraria has no story. Well, neither does the other two. 

Ya might want to check his list of requirements :)

1 minute ago, CatCloud said:

Uh, Rust is not an rpg and its full on Pvp. 

It’s MMO like. 

Same with Minecraft unless you mod or something.

Minecraft has a story. It’s an adventure game you can play online. 

You can also download adventure maps & mods. 

Terraria has no story. Well, neither does the other two. 

I was aiming at fun games he could consider that are in the general genre of team dungeon fighting & teamwork online. 

Ya might want to check his list of requirements :)

I did before posting. 

4 minutes ago, fpo said:

It’s MMO like. 

Minecraft has a story. It’s an adventure game you can play online. 

You can also download adventure maps & mods. 

I was aiming at fun games he could consider that are in the general genre of team dungeon fighting & teamwork online. 

I did before posting. 

Wait what? When did Minecraft get a story? 

You are not thinking of that tell tale game are you? or Minecraft Dungeons? 

7 minutes ago, CatCloud said:

Wait what? When did Minecraft get a story? 

You are not thinking of that tell tale game are you? or Minecraft Dungeons? 

No. 

Theres a hidden story. It’s not as blunt as a movie would tell a story. There is hidden backstory but it’s not like a deep lore. 

On 6/27/2020 at 7:12 AM, Video Beagle said:

How is it for group play..like as a constant adventuring group rather than radom pick ups?

My wife plays Fallout 76 a lot, from the limited time that I played, it looks like you can group up with your buddies and do PVE if you're into PVE. Also from what I remember, there's a limited number of people per server as well if I am not mistaken.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT

MB: ASUS ROG Dark Hero VIII 570S

MEMORY: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 32GB (8GB x 4) @ 3200Mhz

CASE: Corsair 680x

STORAGE: 256GB M.2(PCIE) EVO 970 | 1TB Curcial M.2 (PCIE) SSD

PSU: Corsair RM850x

There are no good MMOs anymore. That being said, Destiny 2 is pretty good. Almost all of D2 content is available free to play on Steam as well. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking in...well we did give up on Star Trek...it just lacked enough fun game play to work for a group...

For now, we're trying out Champions Online, which, wile from te same company as Trek, seems to be working better for group play, and has some of te pickier members of our group enjoying the relative simplicity of controls and system.

Meanwhile, I'm still looking around at what else is out tere, either if Champions winds up not being a steady game, or for down te road.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎