B550 recommendations?

Hi guys.  I’m trying to put together a gaming build and I’ve been waiting for the new B550 boards before going ahead. As I’m new to pc Gaming I just wondered if you guys could give me some recommendations? I’ll be having a R5 3600 and a 2070 super. 16gb of ram and a couple of nvme drives. Any advice would be great thanks

Take your pick.. 

Select one with the features you want/desire. Look at header placement and consider RGB headers, if you're into that. 

Almost any board will do just fine. I like the Taichi, personally, because of the USB 3 and type c header location.. 

Just now, 5x5 said:

The Pro4 is by far the best value B550 board

This or the b550 tomhawk mag if you have the money to spend 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

i like very much Gigabyte B550 VISION D! Looks like Asus prime ws x570-ace with white touches.

04.png

hero.jpg

Just now, TaRaTaTa said:

like very much Gigabyte B550 VISION D! Looks like Asus prime ws x570-ace with white touches

Sadly software wise 

Gigabyte boards suck 

Hardware wise they are ok but software wise they are really bad making it hard to recommend

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

8 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Sadly software wise 

Gigabyte boards suck 

Hardware wise they are ok but software wise they are really bad making it hard to recommend

Really? I have no idea about this. I like very much the design!

3 minutes ago, TaRaTaTa said:

The design is nice sadly the bios is meh 

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TaRaTaTa said:

We are yet to see how broken the BIOSes are. So far, on AM4, ASRock and Asus have had the most stable BIOSes while it took MSI 2 years to figure out how a Ryzen CPU works (their first functional BIOS for ANY Ryzen CPU was in 2019)

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

MSI 2 years to figure out how a Ryzen CPU works

Feels bad 

Build Log: 

10 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Feels bad 

Rather just MSI things. Any "new" product from them shouldn't be touched until it's had time to mature (say 2-3 generations).

Just now, 5x5 said:

Rather just MSI things. Any "new" product from them shouldn't be touched until it's had time to mature (say 2-3 generations).

Yea that's sadly the case 

Wish their software was as good as their hardware especially in high end boards

X570 is a mess 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Yea that's sadly the case 

Wish their software was as good as their hardware especially in high end boards

X570 is a mess 

They're figuring it out but this is what happens when your entire firmware department consists of a single programmer.

Typical. One recommendation I’ve had is the B550 Tomahawk 

37 minutes ago, Macka09 said:

Typical. One recommendation I’ve had is the B550 Tomahawk 

Assuming the B550 Tomahawk is as good as the B450 version, then there is no reason to avoid it if you want it. 

Is there any X570 boards worth looking at around the £180 price range?