Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FlpDaMattress

Have I outgrown my case?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So this is an interesting question that I never thought I'd ask myself, About 5 years ago I was gifted an NZXT S340 Elite for my birthday. Beautiful case only shattered the window once really dressing up my turd of a Pentium 4 G2020/750ti build. But I've graduated, got an actual job, and proper ATX board with an RX580 Strix and enough storage to justify a separate Freenas server, Have I outgrown my case? Would the LianLi O11 dynamic be a reasonable upgrade from here?

 

20180414_224629.jpg.cfd2182829c79b8cb0a99813a5a6e776.jpg

20200306_153523.jpg.f216649e33aa4e40de4ed00575e1ccec.jpg

(I promise it looks better in person, S8 Camera is not doing any favors here. Also a slightly outdated pic, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro and Zen 1 do not play nicely with each other. they constantly disconnect and freeze requiring a restart to fix)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks fine for me 

Maybe a little tight but overall good enough 


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

It looks fine for me 

Maybe a little tight but overall good enough 

that's the problem now is it's almost impossible to work in, I've spent days trying to fit a Quadro 400 in as a display adapter and virtualizing Windows with the RX580, but for the life of me cannot get everything plugged in. I guess I'm just trying to justify dropping the $150 on something that doesn't exactly age like the rest of the machine.

 

TL;DR: I have no room

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks large enough no need for a larger tower. In case thermals are a concern to you I would just suggest removing the phone from inside.


My PC specs:

CPU: i5 2500 MB: Q65 RAM: 2x 4GB 1600 MHz DDR 3 GPU: GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 DISK: 480GB OCZ TR150

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FlpDaMattress said:

So this is an interesting question that I never thought I'd ask myself, About 5 years ago I was gifted an NZXT S340 Elite for my birthday. Beautiful case only shattered the window once really dressing up my turd of a Pentium 4 G2020/750ti build. But I've graduated, got an actual job, and proper ATX board with an RX580 Strix and enough storage to justify a separate Freenas server, Have I outgrown my case? Would the LianLi O11 dynamic be a reasonable upgrade from here?

 

20180414_224629.jpg.cfd2182829c79b8cb0a99813a5a6e776.jpg

20200306_153523.jpg.f216649e33aa4e40de4ed00575e1ccec.jpg

(I promise it looks better in person, S8 Camera is not doing any favors here. Also a slightly outdated pic, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro and Zen 1 do not play nicely with each other)

Still looks like a great build. I wouldn't bother upgrading the case. If you really want to spend some cash you could always upgrade your GPU, although I do love the rx580 ;)


PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

 

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

 

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

 

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, marmour said:

Still looks like a great build. I wouldn't bother upgrading the case. If you really want to spend some cash you could always upgrade your GPU, although I do live the rx580 ;)

Considering I just upgraded to it from a 750ti last January, I think I'm going to keep it for a while

 

750ti aged like fine wine, I don't think I could ever part ways with mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×