Post Your Cable Management?

ciprian97pop

I went ahead and took the pictures for my new sleeved cable setup I think I did a pretty good job :\

IMG_3045_zps464b911c.jpg

IMG_3046_zpse93a9772.jpg

Indeed you did, nice!

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Well noone of my extended family even knows anything about tech, one of my cousins pretends she understands these things but she not able to build her own PC and buys crappy overpriced pre-built systems, probably doesn't even know what the purpose of a graphics card is (she's proud she has 16GB of RAM which she never actually uses...).

That right there; "knows anything about tech" and "buys crappy overpriced" Is the majority of the "people that know what they're talking about" in this world. Sad but true

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

these would have looked rather nice as well http://goo.gl/ePHj2

Okay I finally got it for you. I would probably just wait off on the ram. I'm currently waiting till DDR4 before i upgrade my machine anyway but depending on my motherboard choice at the time that could work certainly. Furthermore I agree with the recommendation that white would be a better fit. It looks nicer.

IMG_3050_zpsa894345d.jpg

@Pingypoker: You have no reason NOT to cable manage in your case and your system is probably plenty new and powerful based on the MB I can see. Also am I seriously seeing 2 molex to PCI-E adapters in there?

It was my first build. The case has no window. My temps are fine. Get over it.

Yes, I had to use molex to PCI-E adapters because my PSU does not provide enough PCI-E cables in the first place.

It was my first build. The case has no window. My temps are fine. Get over it.

Yes, I had to use molex to PCI-E adapters because my PSU does not provide enough PCI-E cables in the first place.

first builds are like that we tend to learn quite a bit from them. 

B*tch please...

This is the system I'm using right now.

IMG_0753.jpg

This ranks as one of the worse I've seen but it's not absolutely horrible

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Wish I had a photo but way back while I worked extra at a computer store there was a crap machine in for service that looked like the one right above this post, only difference was that the 3.5" hdd was hanging in the middle of all the cables, supported by some brown tape.

I sense sarcasm -_-

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Not the best, but I only have a Rosewill Challenger Case.

Yea honeslty not that bad I would cable tie some of the lose cables up even if you weren't hiding them and I would say you would be just fine. 

This is my cable management

This is how it looked before: afb2.jpg

And this is how it looks now:

I think it looks pretty good despite the fact that I have a modular PSU and my old case doesn't have very many options
P.S : I still don't know where to put that fan cable :D

I cringed a little bit. I managed to fry a video card by leaving a molex cable on top (like in the picture) and the molex connector made contact with a soldering point on the video card.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Not the best, but I only have a Rosewill Challenger Case.

And now you know why it's called the challenger...

Ba Dum Tsss!

Here's the cable management in my FT02, I think I did a pretty good job for my first build :) :

P2049037_zpsd391a5a6.jpg

And here's the front:

P2049058_zps4ed51a66.jpg

P2039030_zps2c3450d3.jpg

The only thing I added since I took these pics (took them when I built my rig) is a Silverstone Slim ODD... So it only added 2 cables.

Yes, pretty cool. I have the same case and the gap or lack of on the backside of the motherboard tray is the real issue. I see your SATA power cables are twisted a bit does the side panel latch on properly or do those power cables by the CPU back side pinch in on the foam of the side panel? Not that that is bad just wondering. I currently have my side panel off as I need to sleeve to get those power cables in without the side panel bulging out. I may have to make my own custom SATA power cables as I need to make sure the connectors clear the side panel.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Yes, pretty cool. I have the same case and the gap or lack of on the backside of the motherboard tray is the real issue. I see your SATA power cables are twisted a bit does the side panel latch on properly or do those power cables by the CPU back side pinch in on the foam of the side panel? Not that that is bad just wondering. I currently have my side panel off as I need to sleeve to get those power cables in without the side panel bulging out. I may have to make my own custom SATA power cables as I need to make sure the connectors clear the side panel.

I took that picture while I was building it in February.

What I did was to spread all the cables in as flat of a row as possible so that the door closes. Whenever I open it, there are only light indentations in the foam, so I assume that it's not too tight in there... :)

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
    Threadripper 1900X @ 4.0GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite @ 3466MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming-X 11G
  • Case
    SilverStone Fortress FT02
  • Storage
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 2x 4TB WD Red (RAID1) + 3TB HGST Deskstar NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
    BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Propellerhead Balance + Bose Companion II + AKG K7XX
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

I have a Dell computer that I moved into a new case. I'll post a picture tomorrow in the morning.

After about 2 hours of OCD-like managing this was the result:

post-621-0-85625500-1372968647.jpeg

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

attachicon.gifimage (1).jpeg

Looks like time well spent! Some blue/black cable sleeving would do wonders for you.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Well it (referring to the pic in the first post) kind of looks like our old pc (built by a pc shop I think), except there were normal zip ties and not tape and there were some big ribbon cables cluttering trough :P

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

attachicon.gifimage (1).jpeg

very very very clean build I like it! Where is the SLi bridge though? Do you one one of the cards for dedicated physx?

very very very clean build I like it! Where is the SLi bridge though? Do you one one of the cards for dedicated physx?

Thanks alot :) Well I just completed the cable management but forgot the SLI bridge (which was added after I took the picture ;) )

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Thanks alot :) Well I just completed the cable management but forgot the SLI bridge (which was added after I took the picture ;) )

Oh okay, was going to say if you are going to power up 2 put those pups in SLi. Which case is that from cooler master?

Oh okay, was going to say if you are going to power up 2 put those pups in SLi. Which case is that from cooler master?

The 690 II Advanced USB 3.0 non-window (it's under my desk :P )

The 690 II Advanced USB 3.0 non-window (it's under my desk :P )

Right on. I had a cooler master case before the cooler master sniper. I really liked it because it had a punch on the back panel so you didn't have to necessarily cable manage as much/flatten cable. 

Whats with all these nice cable managed builds? Isn't this thread supposed to be about bad ones?