Reboots and Freezes

Talunus

Hey guys, awhile back my PC would reboot during heavy game load. I found that the audio driver for my Razer Krakens was the issue, so I wiped the driver, wiped the pc and started anew. Everything worked perfect with the new Hyperx Cloud Headset, at least for two weeks...

Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x

EVGA 240mm AIO

MSI x570 MPG Gaming plus MOBO

2x8gb G. Skill Ripjaw 3600mhz (running at xmp)

MSI RTX 2060 Super

500gb 970 Samsung NVME

2tb Barracuda WD

650watt Corsair CXM PSU 

Asus Wifi card adapter

All drivers are up to date, Bios is latest update, and there are no new windows updates that need to be installed.

Just yesterday, during a match of Modern Warfare, My computer rebooted... IT has been 2 weeks since this happened. Max temps of CPU was 79c and GPU at 72c. I know this can't be the issue.

Just now, while streaming twitch while working on home renovation, the whole computer froze for 10 minutes till I manually had to reboot it... This has also happened last time the reboots were taking place, it would freeze after a game of Overwatch usually.

Any thoughts or ideas? I'm at a lost for words...

Edit:

This originally started to happen after I replaced a bad Ryzen 5 3600x with the now Ryzen 7 3700x. The pins on the Ryzen 5 had been bent. Could this have damaged the MOBO?

The upgraded CPU could be drawing more power, which is close to or more than the power supply wants to handle, at least during boost. Maybe try using pcpartpicker.com to estimate the power consumption.

Also, were the fans still spinning when the computer froze?

44 minutes ago, Izyalin said:

The upgraded CPU could be drawing more power, which is close to or more than the power supply wants to handle, at least during boost. Maybe try using pcpartpicker.com to estimate the power consumption.

Also, were the fans still spinning when the computer froze?

Yes, I fact the fans seemed to go into max spin mode, not sure which ones but the audible difference was clear, estimated wattage is 369, my psu is more than up to the task