Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meowster

Upgrading workstations at work

6 hours ago, Meowster said:

So basically I got an email from my boss saying that we are upgrading the workstations at work and long story short, he wants me to choose them for him. He isn't really tech minded like I am and doesn't know much about PCs. We currently have HP xw8600 ones at work and they still get the job done but are aging quite a bit. We need to buy some new ones. Here are the specs of them (all of them have same specs)

2x Intel Xeon E5240 @3.00GHz 

32GB DDR2 RAM

3x WD Enterprise Class 4TB SATA HDD

2x NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600

We use them for architect work (SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, sometimes blender)

I use my one to collect all employees work and then send it to my boss, my one has a slightly different config (I only have one NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600)

Would anyone like to make any suggestions as what machines we should buy? There is no budget but my boss doesn't want any custom built PCs

Thanks

Look at Dell/HP/Lenovo workstations. You can get a business warranty that’ll be far better than consumer OEMs offer. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

So basically I got an email from my boss saying that we are upgrading the workstations at work and long story short, he wants me to choose them for him. He isn't really tech minded like I am and doesn't know much about PCs. We currently have HP xw8600 ones at work and they still get the job done but are aging quite a bit. We need to buy some new ones. Here are the specs of them (all of them have same specs)

32GB DDR2 RAM

2x NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600

I use my one to collect all employees work and then send it to my boss, my one has a slightly different config (I only have one NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600)

Would anyone like to make any suggestions as what machines we should buy? There is no budget but my boss doesn't want any custom built PCs

Thanks

Make sure to quote me @Meowster  so that I see your reply

Posted · Best Answer
6 hours ago, Meowster said:

32GB DDR2 RAM

2x NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600

Thanks

Look at Dell/HP/Lenovo workstations. You can get a business warranty that’ll be far better than consumer OEMs offer. 

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *