Upgrading workstations at work

Meowster
Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,
6 hours ago, Meowster said:

So basically I got an email from my boss saying that we are upgrading the workstations at work and long story short, he wants me to choose them for him. He isn't really tech minded like I am and doesn't know much about PCs. We currently have HP xw8600 ones at work and they still get the job done but are aging quite a bit. We need to buy some new ones. Here are the specs of them (all of them have same specs)

2x Intel Xeon E5240 @3.00GHz 

32GB DDR2 RAM

3x WD Enterprise Class 4TB SATA HDD

2x NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600

We use them for architect work (SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, sometimes blender)

I use my one to collect all employees work and then send it to my boss, my one has a slightly different config (I only have one NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600)

Would anyone like to make any suggestions as what machines we should buy? There is no budget but my boss doesn't want any custom built PCs

Thanks

Look at Dell/HP/Lenovo workstations. You can get a business warranty that’ll be far better than consumer OEMs offer. 

So basically I got an email from my boss saying that we are upgrading the workstations at work and long story short, he wants me to choose them for him. He isn't really tech minded like I am and doesn't know much about PCs. We currently have HP xw8600 ones at work and they still get the job done but are aging quite a bit. We need to buy some new ones. Here are the specs of them (all of them have same specs)

32GB DDR2 RAM

2x NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600

I use my one to collect all employees work and then send it to my boss, my one has a slightly different config (I only have one NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600)

Would anyone like to make any suggestions as what machines we should buy? There is no budget but my boss doesn't want any custom built PCs

Thanks

Make sure to quote me @Meowster  so that I see your reply

I love my job, being a sysadmin. It's very fun 

6 hours ago, Meowster said:

32GB DDR2 RAM

2x NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600

Thanks

Look at Dell/HP/Lenovo workstations. You can get a business warranty that’ll be far better than consumer OEMs offer. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)