Laptop refuses to show any sign of life (besides teasing a bit)

Go to solution Solved by fordy_rounds,

Sounds like maybe the power distribution circuitry might be broken (i.e. the circuitry from plug to battery and the rest of the PC). If you bought it just days ago, I'd take it back to the store or RMA it.

So here's my issue: When I try to turn it on, the power indicator flashes briefly for a second and the hdd gives off a little spin up noise for a short moment and then it's dead again.

When I plug in a charger and then try to power it on the same thing happens + the charge indicator flashes orange, then white and it is dead once more.

There's nothing coming up on the display, the hard drive shuts off after a second, the fan doesn't even wind up and the charger doesn't seem to be doing much when left alone, since it wont heat up at all.

I've tried fiddling around via trying to do stuff with the buttons, but it just refuses to stay alive.

Note: I have used this laptop before, even just hours before this happened. Also it's pretty new, bought it days ago. I have absolutely no clue what has gone wrong. Also the battery is built in and the OS is installed on an ssd, not the hdd.

Thanks in advance! 

Sounds like maybe the power distribution circuitry might be broken (i.e. the circuitry from plug to battery and the rest of the PC). If you bought it just days ago, I'd take it back to the store or RMA it.

22 hours ago, fordy_rounds said:

I just decided that I'll take it back to the store and buy a different laptop from a different brand.

Anyways, thank you for the reply and have a nice day!  :)