Frame Rate Cap with Display Mirroring

I recently upgraded from windows 7 to window 10 but I've encountered a pretty annoying issue:

3D applications become limited to 60 FPS if I mirror any of my displays to my 4K TV.

How does Windows 10 handle displays compared to Windows 7 and is there a way to get my monitor to run 3D applications at a unlocked framerate?

I think the main issue is that this cases a framerate cap but I don't have a underlying knowledge on how to remove the cap in this situation. There's gotta be some kind of windows 10 setting that causes this issue.

I've disabled the frame caps and Vsync in Nvidia control panel and Nvidia inspector and can verify that if I set all displays to to either "extend desktop" or disabled, the frame cap disappeared. But when anything is mirrored this 60FPS cap returns.

• My monitors maintain their refresh rates (in windows settings)
  • If I disable mirroring the frame cap goes away

Monitor setup:

image.png.9a698905f9e9cb58cb51c53427bc8f35.png

Where:

1 is a 144Hz 1080p monitor (main)

2 & 3 are 60 Hz 1080p monitors, generic

4 is a 4K 60Hz Smart TV

My setup:

GTX 1070 GPU

i7 4790K 4.0 Ghz

32 GB RAM

4 displays (including 1 TV for couch games)

If there's any more information that I could provide to help let me know, I need suggestions though!

thanks

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.