Windows 7 Error code 0x80070241...... ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Dub7030

Im trying to reinstall Windows 7 on my mothers hp which was working fine before. Ive tried every windows 7 download that is currently on microsofts website, everything from home to ultimate, 32 bit to 64 bit and keep getting the same error message everytime. Ive even tried it on my pc in virtual box and the exact same thing. Whats also weird is when trying to copy the windows files its goes from 1% immediately to 100% and then the error message appears. Ive never seen system files copy that fast. It seems to me that, microsoft is trying to completely eliminate window 7 from existing.

Might need to checksum your windows 7 ISO file to make sure its file integrity is ok. The ISO file could be damaged or missing some data. If that checks out and the checksum comes back with no errors try using a different media creation tool. Example Etcher or Yumi USB tool's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[DESKTOP] CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k GPU: ASUS ROG 2080TI RAM: 64GB Corsair Fury DDR4 Mobo: Asus z390-A Prime

Storage:1x 1TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD 2x 1TB WD Black SSD, 2x 3Tb Seagate  HDD PSU: Seasonic 950W

Monitors: 2x Asus TUF Gaming 24" 1440p  144hz, 2x LG  75Hz 1080p LED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SERVER/NAS] CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Mobo: Asus z-170P D3

Storage:1x 1TB Western Digital SSD, 4x Ironwolf Pro 12Tb HDD, 2x 2TB WD Blue  PSU: Thermaltake 650W

[LAPTOP (MacBook Pro 16")] CPU: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, RAM: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, SSD: 2 TB

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB Display: 16-inch (3072 x 1920)

Personally woudn't doubt MS is purposely borking the image..... But the error is related to misconfigured files in the OS, chances are it's a bad/corrupt file(s) within the image itself: Error code 0x80070241 - Google Search

This seems to be a common issue as of late.... And I have to wonder why.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

The thing is, Ive legitimately downloaded every version of windows 7 on the website. Bradmonster ive even used Rufus usb creation tool and to no prevail.

18 minutes ago, Dub7030 said:

The thing is, Ive legitimately downloaded every version of windows 7 on the website. Bradmonster ive even used Rufus usb creation tool and to no prevail.

Could be a problem with the HDD in the computer as well. If you try to install Windows to a failing or bad HDD it will error out in pretty much the same way. You should use a portable HDD tester to see if there is an issue with the HDD.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

I used HHDScan and everything seems to come up good. Its using a WDC WD5000AAKS-65V0A0-WD-WCAWF3070830 and a Hitachi HDS721050CLA662-JP1572HR3JX5KK

Have you tried installing win10? I'm just asking to see if its operating system based issue or even a linux based OS?

[DESKTOP] CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k GPU: ASUS ROG 2080TI RAM: 64GB Corsair Fury DDR4 Mobo: Asus z390-A Prime

Storage:1x 1TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD 2x 1TB WD Black SSD, 2x 3Tb Seagate  HDD PSU: Seasonic 950W

[SERVER/NAS] CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Mobo: Asus z-170P D3

Storage:1x 1TB Western Digital SSD, 4x Ironwolf Pro 12Tb HDD, 2x 2TB WD Blue  PSU: Thermaltake 650W

[LAPTOP (MacBook Pro 16")] CPU: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, RAM: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, SSD: 2 TB

I cant get win 8.1 or win 10 to install on it, i dont think the tech supports it, or its the cpu

Well i can get it to install, but once its installed and tries to boot, it just crashes after a few minutes

Hmmm that's pretty strange, earlier when you were checking the hard drives did you open the laptop? If so maybe try making sure the drives are properly connected same for the ram if it is seated correctly? At this point for me I can only recommend trying to install Ubuntu and see if it runs stable?

I am currently in the process of building her a tower but im trying to get this running for now until i can get everything together.

This hp hardware:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 220 2.8GHz

RAM: 4GB Kingston DDR3 (did have 12GB in it}

GPU: GTX 750 2GB

PSU: Liteon 250w ps-5251-08

Motherboard: Pegatron m2n78-la rev 6.01

Other notes: I bought a Phenom ii 965 cpu for it, which hp says it supports. When i plug it into the MB and try to power it on, its says cpu not supported. Another thing is the motherboard has a 24 pin connector but hp went cheap and the psu only uses a 20 pin connector. Would this cause the cpu to be not supported?

I mean it was working before right and just swapping the OS should not have cause it to fail to boot etc.

Its the OS itself, since microsoft been screwing around with stuff, windows 7 seems to be the only one having this issue.