This really don't ad up - Samsung phone showing ads in some regions

williamcll
5 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Both companies specialize in software and hardware

5 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Pure Google

😂🤣

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Weird thing is, Samsung Browser supports AdBlock

3 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

😂🤣

Just because Google decides to not manufacture their own phones doesn't make them a manufacture. Google could start making them themselves however likely decided not to do so thanks to the complexity of smartphones.

So yes google still is a hardware manufacture, they are not a hardware designer who then sells those designs for money.

Even if Google didn't make a single product but designed in house, contracted out manufacturing and get the products made back to distribute them, they are still a hardware manufacture. In order for Google to no longer be a manufacture they would have to lose all control over the stuff produced including design to the contractors and accepts whatever is returned to them. However that has not happened, in fact they bought a good chunk of HTCs phone team for that reason. Will Google ever start producing their own phones? Not unless the demand makes contracting out too costly to continue and can justify the costs and risks of starting up production.

Whereas a hardware designer would be a company that designs hardware and either sells those designs to clients or offers to put the clients names on the products and produce the units for them, however the last part doesn't make them a manufacture necessarily because they could then contract out to another company to make said products avoiding the overhead needed for such a facility. China is full of the latter part.

3 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Just because Google decides to not manufacture their own phones doesn't make them a manufacture. Google could start making them themselves however likely decided not to do so thanks to the complexity of smartphones.

So yes google still is a hardware manufacture, they are not a hardware designer who then sells those designs for money.

Even if Google didn't make a single product but designed in house, contracted out manufacturing and get the products made back to distribute them, they are still a hardware manufacture. In order for Google to no longer be a manufacture they would have to lose all control over the stuff produced including design to the contractors and accepts whatever is returned to them. However that has not happened, in fact they bought a good chunk of HTCs phone team for that reason. Will Google ever start producing their own phones? Not unless the demand makes contracting out too costly to continue and can justify the costs and risks of starting up production.

Whereas a hardware designer would be a company that designs hardware and either sells those designs to clients or offers to put the clients names on the products and produce the units for them, however the last part doesn't make them a manufacture necessarily because they could then contract out to another company to make said products avoiding the overhead needed for such a facility. China is full of the latter part.

oh no no no

i'm not laughing because google is not directly making it's own hardware, i'm laughing because the quality of the hardware that carries google's brand is laughable at best.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

oh no no no

i'm not laughing because google is not directly making it's own hardware, i'm laughing because the quality of the hardware that carries google's brand is laughable at best.

Ah ok, please note that next time :P

I've never owned a Google product next to a used Nexus 7 (I think), the build quality of it wasn't too bad, for an ASUS product 🤣

3 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

oh no no no

I don't know. My Pixel 3a has been mind blowing amazing. Phone is fast and responsive all the time. And this is despite having eMMC storage and 4GB of RAM and a med low range chip. It gets to show you, that if a manufacture actually cares, they can optimize things to run great. But I guess, manufactures like Samsung, need to push justification on their premium phones. Quality has been very solid. Dropped my phone a few times with the official case, and has nothing. Camera and finger print sensor are both excellent. Compared to other phones it is a it easier to service, has a headphones jack, despite no front firing speaker, they do a good job at making the sound balance between the speakers, so you don't need to do the cup with your hand or something like that.

My only complaints are, the scratch resistance of the screen is not great. As reviewers pointed out, it is similar to the Gorilla Glass 3. I have a full screen, edge to edge glass screen protector, and it is not visible that I have one, and problem solved. For the price of the phone, this is impressive. I see no point in getting a premium phone. Unless you can justify $500+ for a faster refresh rate screen (yay?!), or wireless charging (which apparently the Pixel 4a will have based on leaks), 20 cameras that you will most likely never use instead of 1 really good one, glass back. All nice.. but is it worth $500+ for them. I don't think so. Not only you'll save $500+ which you can use on other things (personal savings, computer upgrades, games, 500 chocolates bars, etc.) but you'll also save on your plan (even more so if you buy your phone in full as you can also shop for plans and negotiate each month if you want, nothing blocks you (keep in mind that depending on your region and company: plans on website is not all the phone provider plans. You need to call).

Havent noticed anything yet on my S9 but I tend to stray away from Samsung apps. If I see a single ad in an app, it's being uninstalled or disabled. And this definitely makes me re-think an S20 or S30.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount