Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Premsanity

Building my first PC

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have all of my parts in... now it’s on to wiring which I have little to no knowledge about. I try reading the manuals but I’m still dumbfounded. Any help or info I’d appreciate it. 
PC Specs 

asus Rog Strix z390-e

Corsair H115i RGB Pro 

Corsair Hxi 750 PSU 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Premsanity said:

I have all of my parts in... now it’s on to wiring which I have little to no knowledge about. I try reading the manuals but I’m still dumbfounded. Any help or info I’d appreciate it. 
PC Specs 

asus Rog Strix z390-e

Corsair H115i RGB Pro 

Corsair Hxi 750 PSU 

What wires is it that you're wondering about?


"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Premsanity said:

I have all of my parts in... now it’s on to wiring which I have little to no knowledge about. I try reading the manuals but I’m still dumbfounded. Any help or info I’d appreciate it. 
PC Specs 

asus Rog Strix z390-e

Corsair H115i RGB Pro 

Corsair Hxi 750 PSU 

 

 

Watch a video from Linus Tech Tips


Hi

 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

... Lad where's your CPU, GPU, RAM, and Storage?


ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

... Lad where's your CPU, GPU, RAM, and Storage?

You are missing a lot of parts. Here is a list of the parts you need. You have 4 of then:

CPU

Motherboard

Case

RAM

Storage

Graphics Card

Power Supply

CPU Cooler

Case Fans


You have a motherboard, CPU cooler, and Power Supply.

 

To know how to assemble them, watch this video:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

... Lad where's your CPU, GPU, RAM, and Storage?

Didn’t list them I use M.2 storage CPU and RAM is already installed I’m just stuck on wires. GPU I don’t have yet but that goes in last anyway and i9 has integrated graphics so it’s fine while I save up for it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, youngboy said:

You are missing a lot of parts. Here is a list of the parts you need. You have 4 of then:

CPU

Motherboard

Case

RAM

Storage

Graphics Card

Power Supply

CPU Cooler

Case Fans


You have a motherboard, CPU cooler, and Power Supply.

 

To know how to assemble them, watch this video:

 

I didn’t list the ones that don’t require wiring. I have them all but GPU.
Asus Rog Strix

Intel i9 

corsair h115i rgb pro

corsair dominator platinum 

Samsung 970 evo plus 

cooler master Masterbox k500

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Premsanity said:

I didn’t list the ones that don’t require wiring. I have them all but GPU.
Asus Rog Strix

Intel i9 

corsair h115i rgb pro

corsair dominator platinum 

Samsung 970 evo plus 

cooler master Masterbox k500

Great CPU there. I recommend the RTX 2080 for that CPU, if you have the money

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, youngboy said:

Great CPU there. I recommend the RTX 2080 for that CPU, if you have the money

Already set on the EVGA RTX 2080 ti Ultra Hybrid, I’m jut saving up for it at the moment. It’ll be my last part 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Premsanity said:

Already set on the EVGA RTX 2080 ti Ultra Hybrid, I’m jut saving up for it at the moment. It’ll be my last part 

Great then. Watch that video to know how to assemble your PC. I suggest you watch about 3 videos before you assemble your PC. Here are the 3 videos you should watch to know how to assemble your PC: 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, youngboy said:

Great then. Watch that video to know how to assemble your PC. I suggest you watch about 3 videos before you assemble your PC. Here are the 3 videos you should watch to know how to assemble your PC: 

 

 

 

 

I’ve been watching the videos but I’m brain dead when it comes to wiring and hooking things up. I’m literally lost I only have a couple fans plugged in and the CPU and Motherboard power pins plugged in. There are cords everywhere and I suck at this😁🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, minibois said:

What wires is it that you're wondering about?

All of them lol I can’t figure out anything and I don’t want to break anything so I’m just kinda staring at it all

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Slayerking92 said:

You come to the right place.  This is a forum for a YouTube channel that builds computers.  I would start by watching those.

 

https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips

 

I did watch them but I’m brain dead with wires and very lost still I literally need someone to sit here and tell me specifically what is what if I want to get anything done. I’ve made little to no progress within the last couple hours and what I have plugged is is a mess all of the case there’s no way of cable managing any of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Premsanity said:

I did watch them but I’m brain dead with wires and very lost still I literally need someone to sit here and tell me specifically what is what if I want to get anything done. I’ve made little to no progress within the last couple hours and what I have plugged is is a mess all of the case there’s no way of cable managing any of it. 

Here is a tip I used on my first build. I also struggled with wiring, so here you go:

Write down the names of all the wires you need to plug in, especially for the power supply. Write down all the wires you need to plug in. And then, all the wires plug into the motherboard, know that. All the wires plug into the motherboard. So once you've written down the names of all the wires, you go to plug in and in order of you writing them down, plug them in. That's like a checklist for yourself. Make a checklist by writing down the names of all the wires. Hope that helps you

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Premsanity said:

I did watch them but I’m brain dead with wires and very lost still I literally need someone to sit here and tell me specifically what is what if I want to get anything done. I’ve made little to no progress within the last couple hours and what I have plugged is is a mess all of the case there’s no way of cable managing any of it. 

You should have watched the videos before starting your build.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, youngboy said:

You should have watched the videos before starting your build.

In all honesty I have watched those videos before I just used them as a refresher (which obviously didn’t work) I just don’t know what’s what and what goes where it’s confusing me with 100 wires in front of me and not knowing what goes where 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, youngboy said:

Here is a tip I used on my first build. I also struggled with wiring, so here you go:

Write down the names of all the wires you need to plug in, especially for the power supply. Write down all the wires you need to plug in. And then, all the wires plug into the motherboard, know that. All the wires plug into the motherboard. So once you've written down the names of all the wires, you go to plug in and in order of you writing them down, plug them in. That's like a checklist for yourself. Make a checklist by writing down the names of all the wires. Hope that helps you

I will try this out and see what happens all I know is there is lots of cords and wires everywhere. All over my desk and hanging in the case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Premsanity said:

I will try this out and see what happens all I know is there is lots of cords and wires everywhere. All over my desk and hanging in the case. 

I know what it feels like with cable management. If you want, carefully take apart your build completely, but do it carefully, and reassemble it with the new knowledge you gained, but that's an extreme thing. Try my checklist tip and other's tips first, and if none of them work, you may need to take apart your build carefully and reassemble it. Wish you luck to figure this out

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, I’m going to be posting a lot of these so I can get answers quicker and I’ve been stuck for quite a while now. Unless someone have the time to help me out directly over private messages (if you do just pm please). If not that’s fine I’ll gonna post a new thread every time I go so they are seen more often. 
 

Anyway, I’m building my first PC and I’m down to the wiring (I’m kinda mental when it comes to wires lol). My question is what does this cord plug into on the motherboard? It says RGB HUB on it but when I plug into “RGB HEADER” it doesn’t stick, it’s very loose.

image.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Premsanity said:

If not that’s fine I’ll gonna post a new thread every time I go so they are seen more often. 

Don't do that

- Moderation team

 

Merged your post with your existing thread asking for help with how to build the PC. Feel free to reply to this thread and ask follow up questions on how to assemble your system.
Good luck building your PC! Take it easy and don't rush. Don't be afraid to stop and check a guide or the instructions/manual if you get stuck.


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×