Building my first PC

I have all of my parts in... now it’s on to wiring which I have little to no knowledge about. I try reading the manuals but I’m still dumbfounded. Any help or info I’d appreciate it. 
PC Specs 

asus Rog Strix z390-e

Corsair H115i RGB Pro 

Corsair Hxi 750 PSU 

2 minutes ago, Premsanity said:

I have all of my parts in... now it’s on to wiring which I have little to no knowledge about. I try reading the manuals but I’m still dumbfounded. Any help or info I’d appreciate it. 
PC Specs 

asus Rog Strix z390-e

Corsair H115i RGB Pro 

Corsair Hxi 750 PSU 

What wires is it that you're wondering about?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, Premsanity said:

PC Specs 

asus Rog Strix z390-e

Corsair H115i RGB Pro 

Corsair Hxi 750 PSU 

Watch a video from Linus Tech Tips

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

12 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

... Lad where's your CPU, GPU, RAM, and Storage?

Didn’t list them I use M.2 storage CPU and RAM is already installed I’m just stuck on wires. GPU I don’t have yet but that goes in last anyway and i9 has integrated graphics so it’s fine while I save up for it 

6 minutes ago, youngboy said:

You are missing a lot of parts. Here is a list of the parts you need. You have 4 of then:

CPU

Motherboard

Case

RAM

Storage

Graphics Card

Power Supply

CPU Cooler

Case Fans

You have a motherboard, CPU cooler, and Power Supply.

To know how to assemble them, watch this video:

I didn’t list the ones that don’t require wiring. I have them all but GPU.
Asus Rog Strix

Intel i9 

corsair h115i rgb pro

corsair dominator platinum 

Samsung 970 evo plus 

cooler master Masterbox k500

1 minute ago, youngboy said:

Great CPU there. I recommend the RTX 2080 for that CPU, if you have the money

Already set on the EVGA RTX 2080 ti Ultra Hybrid, I’m jut saving up for it at the moment. It’ll be my last part 

1 hour ago, youngboy said:

Great then. Watch that video to know how to assemble your PC. I suggest you watch about 3 videos before you assemble your PC. Here are the 3 videos you should watch to know how to assemble your PC: 

I’ve been watching the videos but I’m brain dead when it comes to wiring and hooking things up. I’m literally lost I only have a couple fans plugged in and the CPU and Motherboard power pins plugged in. There are cords everywhere and I suck at this😁🤣

1 hour ago, minibois said:

What wires is it that you're wondering about?

All of them lol I can’t figure out anything and I don’t want to break anything so I’m just kinda staring at it all

1 hour ago, Slayerking92 said:

You come to the right place.  This is a forum for a YouTube channel that builds computers.  I would start by watching those.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips

I did watch them but I’m brain dead with wires and very lost still I literally need someone to sit here and tell me specifically what is what if I want to get anything done. I’ve made little to no progress within the last couple hours and what I have plugged is is a mess all of the case there’s no way of cable managing any of it. 

Just now, youngboy said:

You should have watched the videos before starting your build.

In all honesty I have watched those videos before I just used them as a refresher (which obviously didn’t work) I just don’t know what’s what and what goes where it’s confusing me with 100 wires in front of me and not knowing what goes where 

4 minutes ago, youngboy said:

Here is a tip I used on my first build. I also struggled with wiring, so here you go:

Write down the names of all the wires you need to plug in, especially for the power supply. Write down all the wires you need to plug in. And then, all the wires plug into the motherboard, know that. All the wires plug into the motherboard. So once you've written down the names of all the wires, you go to plug in and in order of you writing them down, plug them in. That's like a checklist for yourself. Make a checklist by writing down the names of all the wires. Hope that helps you

I will try this out and see what happens all I know is there is lots of cords and wires everywhere. All over my desk and hanging in the case. 

Hi, I’m going to be posting a lot of these so I can get answers quicker and I’ve been stuck for quite a while now. Unless someone have the time to help me out directly over private messages (if you do just pm please). If not that’s fine I’ll gonna post a new thread every time I go so they are seen more often. 

Anyway, I’m building my first PC and I’m down to the wiring (I’m kinda mental when it comes to wires lol). My question is what does this cord plug into on the motherboard? It says RGB HUB on it but when I plug into “RGB HEADER” it doesn’t stick, it’s very loose.

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, Premsanity said:

If not that’s fine I’ll gonna post a new thread every time I go so they are seen more often. 

Don't do that

- Moderation team

Merged your post with your existing thread asking for help with how to build the PC. Feel free to reply to this thread and ask follow up questions on how to assemble your system.
Good luck building your PC! Take it easy and don't rush. Don't be afraid to stop and check a guide or the instructions/manual if you get stuck.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450