Help with choosing a setup

Hello everyone, 

I've got too many choices and I would like some advice from you guys.

First setup: GTX 1080Ti with an Ryzen 3 3300X, 16 GB DDR4 2133mhz = 1050 euro

Second setup: RTX 2080, AMD Ryzen 3600, 2 x 8 GB 3600mhz = 1100 euro
Third setup: 1070Ti,Ryzen 3 2200g, 8GB DDR4 2133mhz = 700 euro + complete setup (monitor, rgb keyboard, mouse)
Fourth setup: GTX 1080Ti, I7 7700K, 2 x 8 GB 2800mhz = 1175 euro

Which one should I take?

The second setup is most balanced. Fourth setup isn't worth the price, the first one isn't either. 

3 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

The second setup is most balanced. Fourth setup isn't worth the price, the first one isn't either. 

So that leaves the 2nd and third hmm..thanks for your input.

#2 is the fastest I think.

#1 and #4 will run about the same speed, making the price difference amusing. 

#3 is the slowest by a good bit, but is also a whole lot cheaper so that isn’t surprising.  I might take #3 over 1 or 4 as the 2400g is 4/8 just like #1 and #4, just with slower hardware.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Manchurian said:

So that leaves the 2nd and third hmm..thanks for your input.

The third setup has potential and is most probably the better value. But the ram, CPU and possibly the motherboard would have to be replaced for the computer to be balanced. As-is it would be very unbalanced an underperform. 

15 minutes ago, Manchurian said:

GTX 1080Ti with an Ryzen 3 3300X, 16 GB DDR4 2133mhz = 1050 euro

No that is an awful combo

16 minutes ago, Manchurian said:

RTX 2080, AMD Ryzen 3600, 2 x 8 GB 3600mhz = 1100 euro

Much better 

16 minutes ago, Manchurian said:

1070Ti,Ryzen 3 2200g, 8GB DDR4 2133mhz = 700 euro + complete setup (monitor, rgb keyboard, mouse)

Decent GPU meh cpu

The imc will handle 2133 but stutters will come as you will get bad 1% lows

17 minutes ago, Manchurian said:

GTX 1080Ti, I7 7700K, 2 x 8 GB 2800mhz = 1175 euro

No

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, Adam Venckus said:

yeah i would go second however i would go with a slower GPU and faster CPU like a 2070 super with a 3700

Welcome to the forums

Why ? 

For gaming the ipc difference won't make any difference it had the same imc as the 3600 and  assuming OP won't be doing anything super intensive like AVX

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

So the RTX 2080 has the best value, but what if i took the 1070ti setup and changed the cpu and ram? I mainly play 1080p ultra.
Otherwise I will just go with the 2080.

i have a 3600 and 5700xt and its great for gaming however its lacks in video editing and other workflow content

and changed the cpu and ram? 

To what ?

Otherwise I will just go with the 2080.

The second build seems to be really good value 

Build Log: 

Just now, Adam Venckus said:

i have a 3600 and 5700xt and its great for gaming however its lacks in video editing and other workflow content

Just noticed you said 2070 super and not the normal 2070

My bad 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

To what ?

The second build seems to be really good value 

You're right I will take the 2080 build.

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Just noticed you said 2070 super and not the normal 2070

My bad 

all g :)

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Welcome to the forums

Why ? 

For gaming the ipc difference won't make any difference it had the same imc as the 3600 and  assuming OP won't be doing anything super intensive like AVX

The only argument I can see is potential longevity. It’s a bit of a question whether even a 6/12 will be enough in the future.  It’s future though so taking a weaker gpu to get the more powerful cpu is iffy.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

The only argument I can see is potential longevity. It’s a bit of a question whether even a 6/12 will be enough in the future.  It’s future though so taking a weaker gpu to get the more powerful cpu is iffy.  

Yea I just noticed that it was a 2070 super 

My bad I mixed up in names 

I would go for the 2079 super and the 3700x

It won't have an impact on any generic performance like gaming but will certainly be better in the long run 

Build Log: 

Are these all prebuilt choices or is full DIY an option?

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Are these all prebuilt choices or is full DIY an option?

People are selling them.

People are selling them.

Can they be changed ? Or is it a fixed unit ?

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Can they be changed ? Or is it a fixed unit ?

I'm buying them like this from the owner. So It's fixed.

2 minutes ago, Manchurian said:

People are selling them.

Then #2 if you have the cash, #3 if you want to save, ignore 1 and 4.

motherboard may matter for #2 though.  If it’s a really weak motherboard it loses a bit of ground.  Not enough, but a bit.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Then #2 if you have the cash, #3 if you want to save, ignore 1 and 4.

motherboard may matter for #2 though.  If it’s a really weak motherboard it loses a bit of ground.  Not enough, but a bit.

This is the motherboard,

Asrock Fatality B450 gaming-Itx/ac

And it has a 720 watt

1 minute ago, Manchurian said:

This is the motherboard,

Asrock Fatality B450 gaming-Itx/ac

And it has a 720 watt

That will take a bigger cpu later if needed.   720 is more power than is needed which is fine.  PSUs wear out and 720 is an odd number.  You might wind up having to replace the PSU, but that will be under $100 which still puts you well ahead of #4

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That will take a bigger cpu later if needed.   720 is more power than is needed which is fine.  PSUs wear out and 720 is an odd number.  You might wind up having to replace the PSU, but that will be under $100 which still puts you well ahead of #4

For now I'm just gonna leave the setup like it is. Maybe upgrade in the future when it's really needed.

For now I'm just gonna leave the setup like it is. Maybe upgrade in the future when it's really needed.

I suggest asking what that PSU unit is

For all we know it could be a non coated shitty Chinese psu

That could be a fire hazard

Build Log: