Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LemonCarInc

M.2 NVMe SSD Not Detected Anymore

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've been having problems with my SSD, although these developed after it was working. I originally installed it, and it was working fine. It than disconnected randomly, and wasn't showing up until I switched it to my other M.2 port. It worked for a bit, but suddenly stopped again. This time I felt it and it was very hot. I switched it back to the other port, but it isn't being detected at all anymore. Mind you the second M.2 port doesn't have a heat spreader on it like the first one did. Is the M.2 dead? It has only been in use for about a day.

Motherboard: https://www.newegg.ca/msi-performance-gaming-b450-gaming-pro-carbon-ac/p/N82E16813144188?Item=N82E16813144188

M.2 SSD: https://www.newegg.ca/xpg-sx8100-1tb/p/0D9-0017-001A1?Item=9SIAFC3AHX9379

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LemonCarInc said:

I've been having problems with my SSD, although these developed after it was working. I originally installed it, and it was working fine. It than disconnected randomly, and wasn't showing up until I switched it to my other M.2 port. It worked for a bit, but suddenly stopped again. This time I felt it and it was very hot. I switched it back to the other port, but it isn't being detected at all anymore. Mind you the second M.2 port doesn't have a heat spreader on it like the first one did. Is the M.2 dead? It has only been in use for about a day.

Motherboard: https://www.newegg.ca/msi-performance-gaming-b450-gaming-pro-carbon-ac/p/N82E16813144188?Item=N82E16813144188

M.2 SSD: https://www.newegg.ca/xpg-sx8100-1tb/p/0D9-0017-001A1?Item=9SIAFC3AHX9379

An NVME drive overheating without any load is never good sign. Even if it was the overheating that still would be a reason to return it because the design is faulty. I looked at the newegg page of that NVME drive. Seems like you're not the only one having issues with the drive being dead on arrival as I can see about 10 reviews stating the same. 

 

I would personally contact Newegg about this and request a refund and go with another brand or ask for a replacement. 


 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

An NVME drive overheating without any load is never good sign. Even if it was the overheating that still would be a reason to return it because the design is faulty. I looked at the newegg page of that NVME drive. Seems like you're not the only one having issues with the drive being dead on arrival as I can see about 10 reviews stating the same. 

 

I would personally contact Newegg about this and request a refund and go with another brand or ask for a replacement. 

I've decided that I should just refund it than, because yeah, an SSD should be lasting longer than 2 days.

I'm thinking of getting this Intel one instead: https://www.newegg.ca/intel-660p-series-1tb/p/N82E16820167462

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LemonCarInc said:

I've decided that I should just refund it than, because yeah, an SSD should be lasting longer than 2 days.

I'm thinking of getting this Intel one instead: https://www.newegg.ca/intel-660p-series-1tb/p/N82E16820167462

Running the exact same one! Great NVME m.2 SSD.


 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×