Under the screen, Darling it's better Down where it's notchless - leaked Vietnam phone shows underscreen camera + apple's version

williamcll
1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Yeah think of all the 15 year old girls that are 60% of the user base

A what now?

A device from Star Trek that serves as a plot device. It's conveniently capable of anything.

I mean anything.

Warping the space time continuum? Covered.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Yeah think of all the 15 year old girls that are 60% of the user base

they are definitely a major part, but they arent the only ones that would take selfies

✨FNIGE✨

• 3 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 12:53 PM, williamcll said:

hey are working on phones with underscreen camera

Why hasnt hay said anything yet? How does everyone else know about hay's phones?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Results45 said:

Um....... didn't know where else to put this: 

I have another article about this. look around tech news.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

What happens if you drop the phone and it cracks?

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

2 hours ago, TheReal1980 said:

I would assume the same as with any other phone.  You take it to the phone repair place, they lever off the old glass and put on a new one and charge you a small butt load of money.  This happens whether or not you buy “insurance” or “extended warranty” or whatever they’re currently calling “pay us a bunch of money and we’ll pretend to be willing to fix your phone” though it will always be cheaper for you to ignore us and just buy a replacement.  Unregulated insurance has always been just as scam filled at patent medicine.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, TheReal1980 said:

With just like any other phone, the front camera is under the gorilla glass. It doesnt matter, if the shattering continues up to the camera you will have to replace it either way.

On 6/9/2020 at 3:42 PM, suicidalfranco said:

that bar doesn't cut into the display though 

while the notch technically cuts into the display, you can turn it off and get virtually a traditional bar on top!

it is quite wonderful considering how god damn stupid and impractical the notch is... :)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Apple never really innovates or is first to do something, it took them over a decade to bring widgets to iPhone's, you really think they'll be the first to include under screen cameras?

9 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Apple never really innovates or is first to do something, it took them over a decade to bring widgets to iPhone's, you really think they'll be the first to include under screen cameras?

Never is a really big word.  Hasn’t done it much recently I would take, but there were a bunch of really seriously original acts by Apple all the way back to the apple1.  The last one I can think of off hand was the first iPhone, though there may have been a few after that.  Between the apple1 and the iPhone though there were at least a dozen really big ones. Huge even.  Stuff that make underscreen cameras look stupid.

There have been some flops.  The butterfly keyboard was one such flop.  Not as bad as the appleIII that had a tendency to have its chips pop out of their sockets but definitely not good.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.