Need help with choosing a mobo.

baeni

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA V, Battlefield, VALORANT, Minecraft RTX

Hej y'all!

I'm still planning my future gaming build. I'd love to keep it budget but get the best out of it.

These (https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/wg377T) are the planned components for now. As I said, I want to keep it budget. This is why I'm thinking about getting the ASRock B550M Pro4 instead of the planned Strix B550-F Gaming.

When I'd go with the ASRock, I could also save some money on the case.

Now I need your help with choosing one of the said mobo's or even a complete different one. The problem is that I definitely need an addressable RGB-header!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

baeni

Not a single one who ca help me with this?😯

Hello,

Kind of the same SSD for far cheaper, mobo is good and has 1 ARGB header, better PSU.

@Meganter
Didn't know about the SSD, thanks!
Actually I don't really like the look of the mobo, especially not the PCB. There will be a MSI B550-A PRO soon. Would that be a good looking alternative to the MSI B450-A PRO MAX? Hope it's not getting too expensive tho.

2 minutes ago, baeni said:

I just saw that there already seem to be a price point set: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-B550-ProSeries-Motherboard-DDR4/dp/B089CZSQB4?language=de_DE

I know the Tomahawk B550 is good so the A-Pro would be on par or a bit behind I suppose if they learnt from their mistakes from low end x570. The B550 from Aorus (Gigabyte) are also promising.

@Meganter
Well I think the B550 Aorus series will be priced similar to the Strix B550-F Gaming. Would u then prefer the Strix or the Aorus?

18 minutes ago, baeni said:

@Meganter
Well I think the B550 Aorus series will be priced similar to the Strix B550-F Gaming. Would u then prefer the Strix or the Aorus?

I don't really have a prefence, just get the cheaper one if they have similar performance/VRM/OC power etc

1 hour ago, baeni said:

@Meganter

Wait for reviews. Also keep an eye on channels like Buildzoid (Actually Hardcore Overclocking) on Youtube as he does VRM breakdown videos which are really informative.

1 hour ago, baeni said:

@Meganter

Neither

A tomhawk has a 3 stage 6+2 phase power design and it's a whole lot better than these 

Also it's cheaper

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

16 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Neither

A tomhawk has a 3 stage 6+2 phase power design and it's a whole lot better than these 

Also it's cheaper

The B450 Tomahawk would cost me 117€. Should I wait for the MAG B550 Tomahawk and check its pricing? Actually it looks like it will cost way more as of the design factor.

1 minute ago, baeni said:

The B450 Tomahawk would cost me 117€. Should I wait for the MAG B550 Tomahawk and check its pricing? Actually it looks like it will cost way more as of the design factor.

If you can wait for b550

I say wait for reviews and models to come out

That way you can decide what fits your budget and what's best for you ;)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

If you can wait for b550

I say wait for reviews and models to come out

That way you can decide what fits your budget and what's best for you ;)

Okay, thanks!

23 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Neither

Also it's cheaper

Where are you getting that info from ? The boards are not even out yet, so not sure how you can assess which one is better. Same goes for pricing. 

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Where are you getting that info from ? The boards are not even out yet, so not sure how you can assess which one is better. Same goes for pricing. 

I was talking about the current b450 one 

Would only assume it would be the same or better 

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I was talking about the current b450 one 

Would only assume it would be the same or better 

Ah right ok, thought you had a crystal ball or something 😄 

15 hours ago, baeni said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA V, Battlefield, VALORANT, Minecraft RTX

Hej y'all!

I'm still planning my future gaming build. I'd love to keep it budget but get the best out of it.

These (https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/wg377T) are the planned components for now. As I said, I want to keep it budget. This is why I'm thinking about getting the ASRock B550M Pro4 instead of the planned Strix B550-F Gaming.

When I'd go with the ASRock, I could also save some money on the case.

Now I need your help with choosing one of the said mobo's or even a complete different one. The problem is that I definitely need an addressable RGB-header!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

baeni

You can save some money on The GPU. There are cheaper options by other manufacturers starting with ~500€.

3 hours ago, koptr said:

You can save some money on The GPU. There are cheaper options by other manufacturers starting with ~500€.

yeah but I actually love the FE design and my case will definitely have a window. That's also why I've chosen RGB ram.